PDA

View Full Version : Stop, Start and Continue ..... 2016 Rally ???

Steve 0080
09-08-2015, 11:29 PM
We had another great rally this year !!!!! We are always trying to find ways to improve...this is one method to do so. This is called Stop,Start and Continue...

What would you like us to Start ...

What would you like us to Stop...

What would you like us to continue...

Of course we always welcome suggestions !!!!!

Anyone else have any thought they would like to share???????

Thanks in advance, w/o your participation we are not sure if we are meeting your needs and desires to please spout off !!!!

Steve 0080
09-08-2015, 11:30 PM
I will start this off....

One comment I heard this year was to Stop the photo opp on Saturday, on the BRP.... It interfered with the self guided rides....

GaTeach
09-09-2015, 06:38 AM

One comment I heard this year was to Stop the photo opp on Saturday, on the BRP.... It interfered with the self guided rides....

I absolutely loved the photos on the BRP. If someone would rather do a self-guided ride, what's stopping them?

That picture is COOL. Especially the precision of the lineup. :)

dickiedeals
09-09-2015, 07:14 AM
I absolutely loved the photos on the BRP. If someone would rather do a self-guided ride, what's stopping them?

That picture is COOL. Especially the precision of the lineup. :)

I agree with GaTeach. I did Big Dawg and Cool Hand Guided rides most of the days but wouldn't have missed the Photo's on the BRP for the world. Its tradition......................Dickie

dickiedeals
09-09-2015, 07:26 AM
Tony (Phantom) spoke of moving the Rally to the Ozarks next year. My opinion and you know what they say about opinions, is to keep it right where it is in Franklin NC.(although a pool would be nice). If you move to the Ozarks it requires more time off and greater expenditure. I suspect less participation from the South. I have to tell you I look forward to the Franklin NC.Rally Every year and would hate to see it go. I'm sure many others feel the same....

Perhaps have a second Rally in the Ozarks....................................Dickie

Jimmytee
09-09-2015, 07:32 AM
Like myself, I know many of us do our own wrenching. However, maybe some would appreciate a couple tech sessions in performing certain maintenance procedures so that they might feel comfortable doing the same. Heck, just removing panels and body work could be a class.:icon_biggrin: Just a thought. We could weigh the interest in such an activity.

willtill
09-09-2015, 07:34 AM
I'd like to see a more comprehensive pre-ride briefing; prior to each major ride. Do's, don't's, proper group riding etiquette; etc.

I was not sure of everyone's group riding abilities on a motorcycle; especially in a group ride... so was a little nervous while participating in them.

Now that I know everyone there was a good rider; but for newcomers next year... it would be advantageous for all of us if some basic's were laid out for group riding....

Jimmytee
09-09-2015, 07:35 AM
Tony (Phantom) spoke of moving the Rally to the Ozarks next year. My opinion and you know what they say about opinions, is to keep it right where it is in Franklin NC.(although a pool would be nice). If you move to the Ozarks it requires more time off and greater expenditure. I suspect less participation from the South. I have to tell you I look forward to the Franklin NC.Rally Every year and would hate to see it go. I'm sure many others feel the same....

Perhaps have a second Rally in the Ozarks....................................Dickie

I have to agree with this one. However, I also understand it might make the event more accessible to those who felt Franklin was too far due to their location further west.

GaTeach
09-09-2015, 07:36 AM
Like myself, I know many of us do our own wrenching. However, maybe some would appreciate a couple tech sessions in performing certain maintenance procedures so that they might feel comfortable doing the same. Heck, just removing panels and body work could be a class.:icon_biggrin: Just a thought. We could weigh the interest in such an activity.

How about a session on how to wash the bike? I volunteer Sweet Georgia to be used for demonstration purposes.

Teach

hardtail
09-09-2015, 08:51 AM
You left Georgia out in the rain storm Sunday evening. How much cleaner does she have to be??

GaTeach
09-09-2015, 08:53 AM
You left Georgia out in the rain storm Sunday evening. How much cleaner does she have to be??

Ernie and I would like there to be an award for Least Accessorized Bike.

Guns and Gas>Accessories

:)

Teach

hardtail
09-09-2015, 09:00 AM
10-4 on the guns and gas.

Hornblower
09-09-2015, 09:10 AM
Maybe the first thing to know is whether Tony or someone else is up to the task next year. This event is getting larger each year and it requires a lot of planning. Personally, I like having the rally at least in the same general area whether it's at the Microtel or not. The riding is great and usually, the weather is decent that time of year. If the idea is to centralize and possibly attract an even larger crowd, that, to me, just makes it even harder to manage.

Phantom
09-09-2015, 10:23 AM

The photo op ..... the opportunity to see so many F6B's in one location with your own in the line-up is indeed very COOL. I saw a few other riders (that were there at the rest area from other groups) taking photos of our line-up including one rider from Japan.

Dickie wearing a speedo in a Pool .... does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling :nono:
The suggestion of the OZARKS would make it equally accessible for everyone.
Dickie, a second Rally requires more time, more planning, more money, more vendor participation etc .... one event is all that I can do, perhaps you and others can orchestrate a second (it's not as easy as it looks).

USMCWing volunteered last year to teach us all this year some self defense moves on friday and saturday evenings, Dave is a USMC instructor on how to kill and defend yourself from bad guys. He had even brought the plastic guns and knife for the classes, we were all enjoying ourselves that we just never had a free moment for the classes. We could coordinate it so that Saturday afternoon before the dinner some type of a class could be held.

I'd like to see a more comprehensive pre-ride briefing; prior to each major ride. Do's, don't's, proper group riding etiquette; etc.

Excellent suggestion, we did this last year and should have done it this year :icon_redface::spank:

Maybe the first thing to know is whether Tony or someone else is up to the task next year. This event is getting larger each year and it requires a lot of planning. Personally, I like having the rally at least in the same general area whether it's at the Microtel or not. The riding is great and usually, the weather is decent that time of year. If the idea is to centralize and possibly attract an even larger crowd, that, to me, just makes it even harder to manage.

Thank you Ken, I personally would enjoy something different. This location has been great however I wouldn't mind seeing other great riding areas in this country and at the same time possibly make it more convenient for others to attend. A larger crowd isn't ideal, I like the size of our events as they are. Some that came last year did not come this year, we need to spice it it up a little :shrug:

We are open to ideas, please keep in mind that I am not retired with endless amount of free time.

I have been kicking around with the idea of coinciding the 2016 F6B Rally with the 2016 Bikes, Blues and BBQ Rally that takes place at the end of September in Fayetteville Arkansas (see link below). Russellville Arkansas is only 2.5 hours away from the event and between the 2 cities are some great roads in the Ozarks to ride between the 2 venues.

Honda of Russellville has graciously offered to make their dealership "Ground Zero" for our Rally. There are several hotels nearby for accommodations.

The beauty of this would be that we could visit the motorcycle vendors at the BBB, perhaps enjoy a concert and some great riding in a new area for many of us .... just a thought.

If this is indeed our plan ..... The F6B Rally would START with Wednesday being our early arrival day, riding the Ozark's and visiting the BBB Thursday and Friday (before the roads become crowded) with our F6B Rally Dinner being held at Honda of Russellville FRIDAY evening instead of Saturday evening. This would give many of us both Saturday and Sunday to ride back home.

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

RickJ
09-09-2015, 10:30 AM
Speaking as someone who intends to try to go next year...A sticky with NO replies that just has the basic info..where, when, phone contacts, accommodations, and maybe an events and meals list...I had to search a bit to find that stuff...especially as the date got closer and there was more chit chat hiding the basic info. IF there was such a post...I missed it

stroguy
09-09-2015, 11:15 AM
If you go to the Ozarks you are that much closer to Branson and seeing Barry Williams and some gambling.

https://youtu.be/lecalxicmK4

dickiedeals
09-09-2015, 07:03 PM

I too prefer the smaller venue.That's the draw for me. The smaller riding groups for me. The larger crowd with the BBB does not appeal to me at all. I don't go to Bike week or Biketoberfest for the same reason and I live 50 miles from Daytona. I doubt very seriously if I'd ride 986 miles to the BBB or the F6b Rally near it................Dickie

Cool Hand Luke
09-09-2015, 07:10 PM
I too prefer the smaller venue.That's the draw for me. The smaller riding groups for me.

Kind of what I am thinking at this time.

Phantom
09-09-2015, 07:27 PM
I too prefer the smaller venue.That's the draw for me. The smaller riding groups for me. The larger crowd with the BBB does not appeal to me at all. I don't go to Bike week or Biketoberfest for the same reason and I live 50 miles from Daytona. I doubt very seriously if I'd ride 986 miles to the BBB or the F6b Rally near it................Dickie

Kind of what I am thinking at this time.

Gentlemen, this has nothing to do with the size of our venue, it has to do with including more members to our venue from the west coast and center of our country. The BBB and Branson MO are "destinations" that you may or may not want to visit. I've been told that the roads in between those "destinations" are some of the best riding around.

Ground Zero is not exactly near those destinations.

No one is obligated to partake in the coordinated rides, nothing has changed from how we coordinated our rides in Franklin.

3 years running in Franklin ..... I would like to see more of our forum members attend our event. let's meet halfway and make it possible.

Cool Hand Luke
09-09-2015, 07:53 PM
Gentlemen, this has nothing to do with the size of our venue, it has to do with including more members to our venue from the west coast and center of our country. The BBB and Branson MO are "destinations" that you may or may not want to visit. I've been told that the roads in between those "destinations" are some of the best riding around.

No one is obligated to partake in the coordinated rides, nothing has changed from how we coordinated our rides in Franklin.

3 years running in Franklin ..... I would like to see more of our forum members attend our event. let's meet halfway and make it possible.

OK, that sounds good. I will keep an open mind about it.

cwjj2001
09-09-2015, 08:00 PM

I for one would enjoy a different venue. Most of the group that attended our rally over the last 3 years live not far from Franklin and could visit the wonderful roads in that area at a weekends notice. Heading west would give some of us a new experience and a chance for more of our West Coast members to meet some of the East Coast members we have on forum. We have a year to plan and figure things out; yes we may need to use some extra vacation days, yes we may need to drive a bit further, and yes some of us will be in unfamiliar territory but that is part of the excitement!!!

dickiedeals
09-09-2015, 08:03 PM

Tony, I have a business to run, plus I'm the President of a National Motorcycle Club. 4 days at Franklin is a push for me. I doubt I can swing More days to the Ozarks....Let me know the decision you make as soon as possible because if going to the Ozarks it will take much planning and still may not be possible...............................Dickie

stroguy
09-09-2015, 08:18 PM
Tony, I have a business to run, plus I'm the President of a National Motorcycle Club. 4 days at Franklin is a push for me. I doubt I can swing More days to the Ozarks....Let me know the decision you make as soon as possible because if going to the Ozarks it will take much planning and still may not be possible...............................Dickie

I know you are a rider but if it comes to being in AR, maybe a commercial flight and a rental from HOR. Ground zero at a cycle dealer has some definite possibilities. That would save you a day or two.

willtill
09-09-2015, 08:43 PM

I agree. Let's see more forum members (faces) involved in the F6B rally. If others cannot make it to a more centric location; well the numbers will balance out regardless...

...how bad do you want to go to the Rally and ride? We all make sacrifices to participate. Can you do it? :icon_wink:

I'll be there. It's a frikken year out from now. Start planning for that time NOW. :yes:

Deer Slayer
09-10-2015, 07:59 AM
I am retired and can go anyplace.:yikes: If I can help let me know. :039::cheers:

GaTeach
09-10-2015, 09:07 AM
I agree. Let's see more forum members (faces) involved in the F6B rally. If others cannot make it to a more centric location; well the numbers will balance out regardless...

...how bad do you want to go to the Rally and ride? We all make sacrifices to participate. Can you do it? :icon_wink:

I'll be there. It's a frikken year out from now. Start planning for that time NOW. :yes:

I've already called in sick and left my sub plans on the desk.

Teach

dickiedeals
09-10-2015, 09:25 AM
I know you are a rider but if it comes to being in AR, maybe a commercial flight and a rental from HOR. Ground zero at a cycle dealer has some definite possibilities. That would save you a day or two.

Good Idea.May make it more realistic for me...........................Dickie

dickiedeals
09-10-2015, 09:29 AM
I've already called in sick and left my sub plans on the desk.

Teach

You should be riding Mango By then...Huh?....:shrug:...................Dickie

RickW
09-10-2015, 10:27 AM
We have done several rallies in that area. I also picked my bike up from HOR and tried out the roads north of there. There is some fabulous riding around the area.

The fact is you will loose a lot of people out East, but gain quite a few that are Central and West. We just did a rally out there (as vendors) a couple of months ago and got to see a large group of customers from the Western States that we never see at Rallies around the East Coast.
You will need a host motel that you can put a tent at for socializing at night. We have found that splitting people up at motels for smaller rallies like this usually does not work that great. We have totally sold out the motel at our own event that we hold the last several years, the people at the other motels usually give feedback that they wished they were there with everyone.

Ixol Phaane
09-10-2015, 11:17 AM
As a (near)West-coaster, the ride to Franklin and back was a haul for me. But that fact was part of my motivation for going - I wanted to know how the bike (and I) would handle going the distance. Happy to say it was the best road trip I've ever made! So, regardless of where the next rally may be, I'll certainly make the effort to attend.

The routes around this years rally were exceptional. I imagine riding the Ozarks would be similarly interesting and challenging.

I agree that the eastern rally is more difficult for us westerners to attend...we do have to schedule more time away from work and home/families to be there, and it's more expensive. I think a more central rally sounds like a good idea to entice other forum members to attend.

It's been three annual rallies in the east now...how many central and western riders have been able to attend? I'd be interested to know how many have seriously considered going, but were put off by the distance and/or time required. Please chime in if this is you.

I guess what I'm saying is I loved everything about the Franklin rally, and absolutely would ride out again. I would "appreciate" something a little closer to home...but the trade off would be less time on the road, and I really, really enjoyed my time on the road. This was a legit two-week vacation for me! :icon_biggrin:

Yeah, I know...still kinda vague, huh? :shrug:
The bottom line for me is, I'll ride to wherever the rally happens! :icon_biggrin:

richw56
09-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Geographical concerns being voiced make me wonder if there might not be a benefit to posting regional rallies, too (scheduled NOT to conflict with each other or with Franklin) - maybe different weekends during riding season.
Might get another tier of folks to attend these, who can't squeeze Franklin into their schedules for whatever the reasons.
Might be more coordination work than it's worth, but with all the F6B owners out there, I thought it might be worth some thought.

SCMike
09-10-2015, 12:56 PM
I'm still sick about the fact that I couldn't make this year's rally.
But I live less than two hours from Franklin. I ride those roads all the time.
Let's mix things up and go somewhere new. I hear the roads in the Ozarks are terrific.
I'm up for seeing them for myself.

SierraKen
09-10-2015, 01:19 PM
We had another great rally this year !!!!! We are always trying to find ways to improve...this is one method to do so. This is called Stop,Start and Continue...

What would you like us to Start ...

What would you like us to Stop...

What would you like us to continue...

Of course we always welcome suggestions !!!!!

Anyone else have any thought they would like to share???????

Thanks in advance, w/o your participation we are not sure if we are meeting your needs and desires to please spout off !!!!

I'm a new member of the forum and from the West Coast. I would enjoy meeting new people and riding in the Ozarks next year. Currently in Montrose at a Wing ride in from another forum. Only F6B so far.

Ixol Phaane
09-10-2015, 01:19 PM
Geographical concerns being voiced make me wonder if there might not be a benefit to posting regional rallies, too (scheduled NOT to conflict with each other or with Franklin) - maybe different weekends during riding season.
Might get another tier of folks to attend these, who can't squeeze Franklin into their schedules for whatever the reasons.
Might be more coordination work than it's worth, but with all the F6B owners out there, I thought it might be worth some thought.

+1 :yes:

Phantom
09-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Americade, Wing Ding, Daytona, Bikes, Blues & BBQ , Sturgis, Myrtle Beach .... and the list goes on.

People plan in advance and ride in from all over the country for these events, I have been a member of many forums and these "regional" gatherings never really take off.

Many don't have a understanding of all the preparations that take place behind the scenes months in advance for an event like ours.

If there is a will .... there is a way. The responses have been very positive for the Ozarks being our next venue. ALOT of behind the scenes coordination has to take place between a Hotel, Caterer, security and a few other issues before we commit. We shall see, let's keep an open mind.:cheers:

Steve 0080
09-10-2015, 02:17 PM
If the decision is going to be made to move the rally...this decision needs to me made before November 1.... some folks need the time to schedule next years vacation allowance .... Also altho not re inventing the wheel...this will take a lot of forethought as well. Tony touched on the items.... We would need someone from the area to lead rides or post rides till we were able to learn the area... I for one would like to call and see how many rooms are available in the area during the BBB.... we would need about 100 rooms... as you can see, this will take some work and we would need some help!

dickiedeals
09-10-2015, 05:55 PM
If the decision is going to be made to move the rally...this decision needs to me made before November 1.... some folks need the time to schedule next years vacation allowance .... Also altho not re inventing the wheel...this will take a lot of forethought as well. Tony touched on the items.... We would need someone from the area to lead rides or post rides till we were able to learn the area... I for one would like to call and see how many rooms are available in the area during the BBB.... we would need about 100 rooms... as you can see, this will take some work and we would need some help!

I agree we need to decide soon,I definitely need as much time as possible to make it happen
. The more notice I have the more likely I'll be able to go.........................Dickie

F6wannaB
09-10-2015, 08:08 PM
If you go to the Ozarks you are that much closer to Branson and seeing Barry Williams and some gambling.

https://youtu.be/lecalxicmK4

LMAO
:lolup::lolup:

New member here! All of the comments and and comraderie from this group sure makes the long trek seem worthwhile from the east coast! I hope this is something I will be able to attend!

Who can pass up Barry Williams?? Too Funny!

willtill
09-25-2015, 04:33 PM
At the next Rally; it would be neat if we could have a Tech session about replacing the air filter on our F6B's...

cwjj2001
09-26-2015, 07:52 AM
At the next Rally; it would be neat if we could have a Tech session about replacing the air filter on our F6B's...

Have the dealership do it at your 12000 service. I had my filter changed to a K&N during that service and was not charged extra because a filter inspection is part of that service.

Phantom
09-26-2015, 10:15 AM

There is a possibility that we could arrange this with Honda of Russellville, I will look into it .... Good Idea

Outcast
09-26-2015, 03:50 PM
I just read this thread today.

For me it's all about the ride. I just enjoy riding...esp long distance.

I also like the Franklin area because I grew up there...in Sylva about 20 miles away.

This was my second year at the rally and it was great like last year. I have met some wonderful people. Hope to see you all again.

If Tony sets it up I know it will be a great event.

So, with that said I will ride to Franklin or Arkansas.

Setup it up and I will show up.

Let's Ride!

:yikes:

Outcast (Bill)