PDA

View Full Version : RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS

Big Dawg
09-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Once again my family and I attended the Rally in Franklin. It is easy for us since our summer home is there in Franklin. Well anyway, my wife Tracy, Skip and Blake, two of my sons attended the dinner and auction. During the evening I was bidding against one of the members for a Fork Brace and the member turned around and jokingly said for me to back off. Well I really didn't need the brace so I stopped bidding and he won the brace. Another item that was of interest to my 15 year old son Blake was a nice set of riding gloves. He told Steve at the head table that they fit him "Perfect". Steve told Blake that he should bid on the gloves and Blake told him that he didn't have any money. Long story short, The same member that bought the fork brace bought the gloves.

The next morning (Sunday) this same member found Steve and ask him if he knew how to get in touch with me. Steve promptly told him that he was going to my house that day. Then the member, Bill Bryson AKA "Outcast" gave the gloves to Steve and ask him to deliver them to Blake!

You have no idea of the look on that young man's face when Steve handed Blake the gloves.

Thanks Bill! You sir are a CLASS ACT!!!!

BTW. I sure do like that new ride of yours!!

Jimmytee
09-09-2015, 07:58 AM
Once again my family and I attended the Rally in Franklin. It is easy for us since our summer home is there in Franklin. Well anyway, my wife Tracy, Skip and Blake, two of my sons attended the dinner and auction. During the evening I was bidding against one of the members for a Fork Brace and the member turned around and jokingly said for me to back off. Well I really didn't need the brace so I stopped bidding and he won the brace. Another item that was of interest to my 15 year old son Blake was a nice set of riding gloves. He told Steve at the head table that they fit him "Perfect". Steve told Blake that he should bid on the gloves and Blake told him that he didn't have any money. Long story short, The same member that bought the fork brace bought the gloves.

The next morning (Sunday) this same member found Steve and ask him if he knew how to get in touch with me. Steve promptly told him that he was going to my house that day. Then the member, Bill Bryson AKA "Outcast" gave the gloves to Steve and ask him to deliver them to Blake!

You have no idea of the look on that young man's face when Steve handed Blake the gloves.

Thanks Bill! You sir are a CLASS ACT!!!!

BTW. I sure do like that new ride of yours!!
That's awesome. I was glad to meet Bill. He and everyone else were a delight this last weekend.

Steve 0080
09-09-2015, 09:09 AM
+1...Bill has been with us for three years now. Absolutely a class act for sure!!! Bill, we spoke on Monday, but I wish you could have seen the look on Blake's face...Priceless.... Thanks for letting me be part of the passing of the gloves... .notworthy.

GaTeach
09-09-2015, 09:23 AM
Not only is Bill a class act, but he's funny as heck. If you weren't sitting near him during the auction, you missed out. (And Big Sexy, too.)

shooter
09-09-2015, 10:20 AM
You know guys its easy sometimes to forget that there are still some very good people out there. I prefer to think that bikers in general and 'Wingers' especially are some of the best. The people on this forum proves that every day.

Phantom
09-09-2015, 10:45 AM
The people on this forum proves that every day.

I agree 150% and if you ever attend this Rally, you will experience first hand why this is a GREAT event.
Let us not forget that Ixol Phane (Dave) from Phoenix Arizona was kind enough to give his "2 free Hotel Nights during the Rally" door prize to Hambly434.

For those that were not there ....we use the last 4 digits of your Social Security number as the door prize number that is written on a card and placed in a raffle box ... ironically both Neil and Dave had the same number, Dave raised his hand first.

Hambly donated several badges, Ixol Phane was the recipient of several items including being a great sport with some of the goofy things that we did at the event.

Many attendees graciously volunteered to help where ever I needed help, from the bottom of my Heart I THANK ALL OF YOU !!!! ...

AWESOME Group that we have here .... no question.

Cool Hand Luke
09-09-2015, 07:05 PM
Very cool!

CopperMike
09-10-2015, 12:56 AM
Ditto! Very cool!