PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Annual F6B Rally ??????

Phantom
09-09-2015, 12:55 PM
:cheers: A BIG Thank You to all of the attendees and everyone that helped make the 2015 Rally a great success.

I have been kicking around with the idea of coinciding the 2016 F6B Rally with the2016 Bikes, Blues and BBQ Rally that takes place at the end of September in Fayetteville Arkansas (see link below). Russellville Arkansas is only 2.5 hours away from the event and between the 2 cities are some great roads in the Ozarks to ride between the 2 venues.

Honda of Russellville has graciously offered to make their dealership "Ground Zero" for our Rally. There are several hotels nearby for accommodations.

The beauty of this would be that we could visit the motorcycle vendors at the BBB, perhaps enjoy a concert and some great riding in a new area for many of us .... just a thought.

If this is indeed our plan ..... The F6B Rally would START with Wednesday being our early arrival day, riding the Ozark's and visiting the BBB Thursday and Friday (before the roads become crowded) with our F6B Rally Dinner being held at Honda of Russellville FRIDAY evening instead of Saturday evening. This would give many of us both Saturday and Sunday to ride back home.

Feedback is appreciated

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/

shooter
09-09-2015, 01:22 PM
Well of course I like it cause its closer to me. I would definitely be interested.

stroguy
09-09-2015, 02:43 PM
As a no show I don't have much room to comment but going to the center of MotherUSA does appeal to many westerners. My intentions are going to either location.

stepbill
09-09-2015, 03:04 PM
Since I will be retired by then, of course I'm in!

BIGLRY
09-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Hummmm https://pearlsofprofundity.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/very-interesting-1.jpg

rich
09-09-2015, 03:29 PM
I think it's a great idea, longer ride but who cares. Get to see more of this great country!

Rich

SmallPasture
09-09-2015, 03:37 PM
I'm liking your thinking!

crawdad
09-09-2015, 05:49 PM
I'm liking your thinking!

Good idea i've always wanted to go to bbb.

Cool Hand Luke
09-09-2015, 06:07 PM
I have to say I'm a 'maybe' at this time. I have never been to Ozarks so that is attractive, however I really enjoy Western NC as well as GA and TN mountains. It's a bit of a trip for me, so I would like to ride with someone there and back as well. For now, I'm just going to watch what happens.

Wyked
09-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Count me and Chunky Love in as well as a couple of others. :clap2::clap2:

willtill
09-09-2015, 06:23 PM
If we have brethern that can make the long ride to Franklin; I don't see why some of us can do the same. I mean... we are astride a bike that can do it easily. :icon_wink:

Another Road trip. I'm up for it. :yes:

glryder98
09-09-2015, 06:36 PM
Sorry I missed the rally this year, but I would like to ride to BBB.

dickiedeals
09-09-2015, 07:41 PM
If we have brethern that can make the long ride to Franklin; I don't see why some of us can do the same. I mean... we are astride a bike that can do it easily. :icon_wink:

Another Road trip. I'm up for it. :yes:

Its a bit more complicated for me. I understand what you are saying and can see your point but because of my standing in the community and my present position if the Rally Moves I doubt I can swing it. It was quite difficult to make it this year to Franklin. I in fact had to cut my stay short because of Responsibilities...Riding the bike has little to do with it
...........Dickie

okiedoc
09-09-2015, 07:50 PM
Last year was out first year for the BBB. We are going again this year and I love the idea of the F6B rally there. Loads of great riding in that country.

Airborne06
09-09-2015, 08:12 PM
That sounds like a great plan! Count me in!

okf6b
09-09-2015, 09:07 PM
Count me in. Northwest Arkansas has some great roads. Looking forward to it.

Ridlikhel
09-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Check this out, for a future gathering.

http://www.talimenascenicdrive.com/interpretive-guide/the-drive/

LacoocheeBoy
09-09-2015, 09:55 PM
My thinking is this: the BBB event is going to occur whether we show up or not. Anyone can go and be a motorcycle participant. The beauty of our rally is that it is strictly ours. If we go to Fayette Ville we will have a great time but we will just be part of a much larger motorcycle experience not something that will identify us as F6B owners. I can't tell you how many times last weekend I thought I saw people looking at us as a group and being somewhat in awe and jealous of what we have.
I know I am one of the rookies and that my vote has little value but I have to tell you that to be with a group of people who share my love of such a great motorcycle made me feel great. I don't want to lose that "specialness". Just sayin...

stroguy
09-09-2015, 10:11 PM
We wouldn't be going to Fayetteville. We would have encampment at Russelville.

Edit: unless you were talking about the trip over to Fayetteville. Then I understand. But being 2 hours away in our own event prior to the big BBB is where Phantom was planning.

yellow rex
09-09-2015, 10:54 PM
Sounds great I will try to make this one you may wont to check out mount nebo it just out side Russellville, their is one curve that you will
need 1st gear google it and look at the photos.

stroguy
09-09-2015, 11:00 PM

The comment for this curve concurs with your assertion.

Steve 0080
09-10-2015, 02:33 PM
My thinking is this: the BBB event is going to occur whether we show up or not. Anyone can go and be a motorcycle participant. The beauty of our rally is that it is strictly ours. If we go to Fayette Ville we will have a great time but we will just be part of a much larger motorcycle experience not something that will identify us as F6B owners. I can't tell you how many times last weekend I thought I saw people looking at us as a group and being somewhat in awe and jealous of what we have.
I know I am one of the rookies and that my vote has little value but I have to tell you that to be with a group of people who share my love of such a great motorcycle made me feel great. I don't want to lose that "specialness". Just sayin...

Your vote counts !!!! And I agree with you!!!!

Steve 0080
09-10-2015, 02:34 PM

On the Sunday ride, I went through about 5 of these only much, much tighter and back up hill.... felt like the bike would fall over...

Steve 0080
09-10-2015, 02:35 PM
Last year was out first year for the BBB. We are going again this year and I love the idea of the F6B rally there. Loads of great riding in that country.

We would NEED you to help locate and maybe lead a ride or two.....

Phantom
09-10-2015, 02:44 PM

Steve, if we do indeed select the OZARKS, I would arrive 2 days early (Sunday evening) and pre-run the routes on Monday and Tuesday and even Wednesday morning with any one else that would like to join me.

'riding'

Old Ryder
09-10-2015, 03:06 PM
It would be harder to make it that far. Maybe I will have a job by then and can afford it..................but if that is the case, I may have a hard time getting off. :banghead:

Translation: My life is so complicated it would be hard to say a year out! Lots of stuff happens in 365 days. :popcorn:

Love the Smokies.

Johnny-B
09-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Luv my F6B, but honestly with 15 screws in spine and 900 miles just isn't going to happen for us next year, Johnny & Sandy B.

Old Ryder
09-10-2015, 03:15 PM
And plan around other bikes "in the same general area"--- How about

http://handlebarcorral.com/

Maybe lots of other activities going on. Just a thought.

Ixol Phaane
09-10-2015, 04:24 PM
I have to say I'm a 'maybe' at this time. I have never been to Ozarks so that is attractive, however I really enjoy Western NC as well as GA and TN mountains. It's a bit of a trip for me, so I would like to ride with someone there and back as well. For now, I'm just going to watch what happens.

Hey, Cool... you can do it!
You're good enough.
You're smart enough.
And, doggonit, people LIKE you!! :icon_biggrin:

taxfree4
09-10-2015, 04:26 PM
Just checked all the major hotels in Russellville, they're all booked solid for next year September 21st to the 24th 2016 if that's the date for the BBB.

NitroGoose
09-10-2015, 04:57 PM
This will be my 4th year at BBB, and I'm planning to do it again next year. Last time we stayed in Alma, which is pretty much midway between Fayetteville and Russelville, and near the south entrance to the Pig Trail. I'd definately make the hour drive over to Russelville to meet up with the group! It's beautiful country down there and there are several towns in the 'area' for accomodations. However, we do reserve our hotel abut 7-8 months in advance.

Just an FYI - I'm sure none of you fellows are beer drinkers, but Arkansas is one of those silly states where there are a bunch of dry counties. Depending on where you stay, it may be difficult to find 'refreshing beverages' locally. Knowing this, we always stop by Macadoodles on the way down. :cheers:

Ixol Phaane
09-10-2015, 06:49 PM

On the Sunday ride, I went through about 5 of these only much, much tighter and back up hill.... felt like the bike would fall over...

Yeah, these downhill curves are okay... but you should see the ones that go uphill!! :yikes:
:stirthepot:

(Geeze, I crack myself up! :crackup:)

Phantom
09-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Just checked all the major hotels in Russellville, they're all booked solid for next year September 21st to the 24th 2016 if that's the date for the BBB.

This is incorrect .....

Many hotels have yet to provide their availability to the "Internet Reservation Websites" this far in advance. Most websites as of today only go as far as August 2016.

I just called a potential hotel and YES they do have 50 rooms that they can block for us if we want. I have to wait until the manager returns next week to negotiate/discuss a group rate for us.

NO FINAL decision will be made for at least another 7-10 days. I need to iron out some logistics ... routes, restaurants, caterer, Tent, Tables and chair rental. Waiting for a reply on GoldWing rental units for those that want to fly in.

stroguy
09-10-2015, 06:59 PM
Tony, you may need a session or two with pasikeOdoctor type. You sir are sick on taking care of these old horses. I haven't made an event yet but appreciate your efforts on something beyond the horizon.

pdxstriper
09-10-2015, 07:00 PM
Hi,

Has someone written a summary on teh 2015 Rally and if so, is it posted somewhere in this forum? I'm curious how many attendees, how many F6B's, events, etc.?

Thanks!
Pete

taxfree4
09-10-2015, 07:49 PM
This is incorrect .....

Many hotels have yet to provide their availability to the "Internet Reservation Websites" this far in advance. Most websites as of today only go as far as August 2016.

I just called a potential hotel and YES they do have 50 rooms that they can block for us if we want. I have to wait until the manager returns next week to negotiate/discuss a group rate for us.

NO FINAL decision will be made for at least another 7-10 days. I need to iron out some logistics ... routes, restaurants, caterer, Tent, Tables and chair rental. Waiting for a reply on GoldWing rental units for those that want to fly in.

Clarification: I went through Tripadvisor for the 10 best hotels in Russellville and it linked me to Booking.com, which allows you to go that far out. After putting in the dates to all the major hotels it came back with: "We're sold out on your dates: Wed, Sept 21, 2016 - Sat, Sept 24, 2016 (3 nights"
Then going as far out as Van Buren, 78 miles away, it did take the reservation and gave me a confirmation. It was only then that I posted the info. The website should not allow you to enter dates if they don't have the necessary info or say "No info available" not "We're sold out ..."

Mrf13
09-10-2015, 07:56 PM
I would definitely be able to make it there.

Phantom I would be glad to accompany you on preview days if it happens. We travel north Arkansas usually twice a year. I have knowledge of some amazing roads there.

stroguy
09-10-2015, 08:17 PM
I would definitely be able to make it there.

Phantom I would be glad to accompany you on preview days if it happens. We travel north Arkansas usually twice a year. I have knowledge of some amazing roads there.

Beers to you!

Big Dawg
09-10-2015, 08:30 PM
Cheers for another site for the rally. I have ridden the Ozarks and they are great but NC mountains are better IMHO. It is too early to tell for me but I doubt I would make out there. Honestly I prefer smaller rallys with a lot less folks. I will support you guys either way. In my archives, I have a bunch of Ozark routes on file. Best of luck either way.

jm21ddd15
09-10-2015, 08:56 PM
The Arkansas Dept of Parks and Tourism puts out a free, very detailed, color book containing 5- dual sport rides, and 21 cycle rides for the roads. Each route shows a map, as well as resturaunts, gas stations, and other points of interest along each route, details of road conditions, mileage of the route, estimated time required, and special viewing things on the routes. The book is full of motel info from the entire northwest corner of the state, which is the best riding. The book is 98 pages, and it is GOOD. I have 2 , and the other publication is available from MotorcycleArkansas.com. It is a shortened version, but an extremely good publication. Either or both of these are "must haves", if you want to get the best out of the Ozzarks. Franklin area has great riding and scenery, but Arkansas is definitely an equal. I rode in early June, so I can't comment on the BBB, festival. That festival is also highlighted in the book. They are worth your time to check them out.:yes:

Cool Hand Luke
09-10-2015, 08:59 PM
Hey, Cool... you can do it!
You're good enough.
You're smart enough.
And, doggonit, people LIKE you!! :icon_biggrin:

Love your comment! I guess since you made it from AZ to NC I should have to get to Ozarks! Personally I love the Western NC, but if the next rally is in Ozarks I will have to try to make it! :icon_cool:

mtcgun
09-11-2015, 12:05 AM
I'm in. We always go to BB&BBQ anyway. Hitting the final day parade with a pack of f6bs would be awesome

SPGrenier
09-11-2015, 01:42 AM
I will follow this thread. Sounds like a fun time.

Deer Slayer
09-11-2015, 08:12 PM
Steve, if we do indeed select the OZARKS, I would arrive 2 days early (Sunday evening) and pre-run the routes on Monday and Tuesday and even Wednesday morning with any one else that would like to join me.

'riding'

+ one, will help all I can.:cheers:

okiedoc
09-11-2015, 09:37 PM

I can do that, we went over a one lane suspension bridge that runs through some nice country last year. We stay at Eureka Springs during the BBB. It is not a bad ride into Fayetteville. There are several routes, we will test them out this year.

F6Pilot
09-11-2015, 09:44 PM

Sometimes they do...

I will be in for the Ozarks if that's where it winds up.

53driver
09-12-2015, 12:06 AM
I'm in.....should be able to get there early enough to help out.

Limbuck
09-15-2015, 06:13 PM
Do it. CTRL/ALT/DELETE. Keep it fresh. If it don't work out just CRTL/ALT/DELETE again. Yep, we are still out there and might even show up even if on a clunker bagger.

junkyarddog
09-15-2015, 08:42 PM
Picked up my 13 f6 in Russellville. Rode most of the 810 miles back to Corpus Christi in the rain...up and down those hills with a new bike was a bit scary but it was still nice. I'd like to try for this in 2016.

Steve 0080
09-18-2015, 01:58 PM
I need the dates .... need to schedule NOW.... go or no go.....

Phantom
09-18-2015, 03:12 PM
I need the dates .... need to schedule NOW.... go or no go.....

Still have not heard back from the BB&B people so .....

We'll just ride the Ozarks and if there is interest ... possibly visit Branson.

Let's keep Labor Day weekend as our weekend. AUGUST 31st 2016 - September 4th 2016

Arriving on WEDNESDAY , riding on Thursday, Friday and Saturday ?????

We can always move the dinner to Friday evening and that would give the long distance riders Saturday, Sunday and Labor Day to return home.

Steve 0080
09-18-2015, 04:13 PM
OK... My bid has opened.... If I snooze I lose !!!!

Johnny-B
09-18-2015, 06:54 PM
Since Labor Day is our weekend, is it still Franklin or ???

Phantom
09-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Since Labor Day is our weekend, is it still Franklin or ???

At this time, several are favoring the Ozarks.

stepbill
09-18-2015, 07:15 PM

At this time, several are favoring the Ozarks.

Looking forward to it. Would we still base out of Russeville?

shooter
09-18-2015, 09:37 PM
I can do that, we went over a one lane suspension bridge that runs through some nice country last year. We stay at Eureka Springs during the BBB. It is not a bad ride into Fayetteville. There are several routes, we will test them out this year.

The wooden suspension bridge is in Beaver Arkansas. Approximately 475 ft long. From there to Eureka Springs some of the curviest roads you will ever ride. Up , down , and around. We have ridden that twice this year and are going back in October. We stay in Branson.

Nightwing_67
07-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Any Northeast 6ers going to the 2016 F6B rally?

willtill
07-09-2016, 05:59 PM

Yes. Check the list.

Going to be a blast. Road trip. 'gw-smiley'

But.... watch how many people sign up, and then drop off with "excuses" at the last minute.

Like last year.

Sad. Very sad. They missed a great gathering.... and riding with the rest of us.

You got the "Posers" here... and then you got the rest of us.

Tony puts a HUGE amount of work into these Rallies.... and it's appreciated by those whom ATTEND as they indicated.

If you intend to be there and put your name on the list.... be there. We all want to meet you.....

Nightwing_67
07-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Yes. Check the list.

Going to be a blast. Road trip. 'gw-smiley'

But.... watch how many people sign up, and then drop off with "excuses" at the last minute.

Like last year.

Sad. Very sad. They missed a great gathering.... and riding with the rest of us.

Its been a while since I did a trip like this. Ive been wanting to get away on the bike....Just saw this today and thought it would be cool to do. where is the list located? I have to wait til Monday to check on the work schedule to see the availability of those dates.

Steve 0080
07-09-2016, 06:12 PM
http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7179-2016-F6B-Annual-Rally-It-s-official

wjduke
07-09-2016, 07:35 PM

I'm riding out Adrian. I'll pm you.

f6bdan
07-11-2016, 10:39 PM

Not 100% sure of going. If I do the company would be appreciated. I'm in orange county New York. Took a ride to Dallas Tx. Last month , the rain and wind going from Texarkana to Dallas were unforgiving. Crazy flooding. There was no end in sight and wound up I had to fly home. Going to fly down in the next week or two and ride back. Talk soon. Danny

LiamLahn
09-07-2016, 03:51 PM
I'm riding out Adrian. I'll pm you.

Wondering f anyone form MaggieValley or surrounding NC area riding out to Russelville later this month

choptop
09-08-2016, 03:09 PM
You might want to post that question on the OFFICIAL F6b Rally Thread, this is kind of an old one, not that theirs anything wrong w/old, not saying your old but people who ride Goldwings...:icon_wink:

willtill
09-08-2016, 05:29 PM
Here's the link to the other thread that Choptop referenced above:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7179-2016-F6B-Annual-Rally-It-s-official/page25

choptop
09-08-2016, 05:32 PM
Here's the link to the other thread Choptop referenced:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7179-2016-F6B-Annual-Rally-It-s-official/page25

Thank you Willtill, didn't even think of that, you the HELPFULL :icon_wink: man,

LiamLahn
09-08-2016, 09:22 PM
Here's the link to the other thread that Choptop referenced above:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7179-2016-F6B-Annual-Rally-It-s-official/page25thanks the link was helpful...

barender
09-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Which way are you going? I am leaving from Atlanta with another rider and may be going the same way. Let me know your planned route and maybe we can meet up along the way. The more the merrier.
Barender

Wondering f anyone form MaggieValley or surrounding NC area riding out to Russelville later this month