PDA

View Full Version : Had to let the F6B go...

XKnight
09-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Sadly, I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition a few months ago and could not ride my F6B anymore. No riding anything actually for over 2 months. I am now recovering and sold the F6 in order to get a smaller and lighter bike so I can stay on 2 wheels. I ended up getting a 2015 CTX yesterday and am just enjoying being back in the wind.

Obligatory pic from this mornings ride.

stroguy
09-09-2015, 07:01 PM
2 wheels is better than none. Hope the medical condition gets mucho better.

Cool Hand Luke
09-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Xnight, sorry to hear that. I hope your condition improves. I am just happy you are riding again! Bike does not matter as long as you are happy with it! I actually like your bike, and it's in fastest color, too!

willtill
09-09-2015, 07:19 PM
Ditto what the two board members have said.

Good to see you astride a motorcycle again. Some things we cannot let go.... :yes:

Enjoy :icon_cool:

shooter
09-09-2015, 08:57 PM
Yeah , what the others said. At least you are riding. Don't be a stranger. Post up. We can always use another brother.

CopperMike
09-10-2015, 12:49 AM
Sorry you had to sell. Glad you can still ride!

jkelley
09-10-2015, 05:36 AM
CTX is a great bike! You will be blown away with the MPG and the way the thing performs.

XKnight
09-10-2015, 06:33 AM
Thanks everyone. Much appreciated and I'll still check in from time to time. This is a wonderful forum. :icon_cool:

XKnight
09-10-2015, 06:37 AM
CTX is a great bike! You will be blown away with the MPG and the way the thing performs.

Thanks! The CTX handles great with lots of clearance. It's kind of like a sportbike in the handling department yet has the cruiser ergonomics. Very comfy for me and yes the 60+ MPG is very impressive while still having plenty of power to get me into and out of trouble. I already ordered a Cee Baily shield and OEM hard bags so I can take overnight trips.

F6wannaB
09-10-2015, 06:48 AM
Sadly, I was diagnosed with a serious medical condition a few months ago and could not ride my F6B anymore. No riding anything actually for over 2 months. I am now recovering and sold the F6 in order to get a smaller and lighter bike so I can stay on 2 wheels. I ended up getting a 2015 CTX yesterday and am just enjoying being back in the wind.

Congrats on the new ride :yes: and a speedy revovery!

Old Ryder
09-10-2015, 06:52 AM

750 or 1300? Personally I like the CTX 1300 better than the B, but long term planning got me the F6.

JackB
09-10-2015, 08:07 AM
Look like the 750.

jkelley
09-10-2015, 08:50 AM
Thanks! The CTX handles great with lots of clearance. It's kind of like a sportbike in the handling department yet has the cruiser ergonomics. Very comfy for me and yes the 60+ MPG is very impressive while still having plenty of power to get me into and out of trouble. I already ordered a Cee Baily shield and OEM hard bags so I can take overnight trips.

We have one and my wife has gotten 84 MPG several times on it, Honestly more comfortable for me to ride than my F6B.

We also put on a cee baileys shield. Good luck with it!

Hornblower
09-10-2015, 08:54 AM
XKnight--I think it's great that you were able to get back "in the saddle". And, I'm sure you will enjoy the CTX. Ride safe and I hope you continue to recover :yes:.

XKnight
09-10-2015, 08:55 AM
750 or 1300? Personally I like the CTX 1300 better than the B, but long term planning got me the F6.

CTX 700. Due to medical reasons I needed a light bike and this is just under 500 pounds. It was either this or the Indian Scout. In the end Honda got my money because it was much less expensive and better suited for touring.

Fla_rider
09-10-2015, 09:20 AM
We're all one big family, doesn't matter to us what you ride. Your comments and post are still welcomed on this forum. Get well, soon.

Old Ryder
09-10-2015, 02:59 PM
CTX 700. Due to medical reasons I needed a light bike and this is just under 500 pounds. It was either this or the Indian Scout. In the end Honda got my money because it was much less expensive and better suited for touring.

I have ridden the Scout----you made the correct decision. Congrats on the new/different ride. Still the same wind in your face!

XKnight
12-31-2015, 04:41 PM
It has been awhile since i checked in, but I am still kicking and riding. Totaled the CTX thanks to a Crazy Cager pulling an illegal U-turn. Was basically bed ridden for a couple weeks with a broken elbow and other injuries. Got right back in the saddle as soon as I could. This time I bought a Triumph Bonneville. Always wanted one and am glad to just be riding still.

Here's a pic from my Xmas day ride. Happy New Year to all!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e308/XKnight/Triumph%20Bonneville/Xmas%20ride%202015_zpsmzafrcw3.jpg

Old Ryder
12-31-2015, 05:10 PM
I too, love the classic bikes. My uncle rode me on his Bonneville back in the early 60s. Love the new Triumphs.

Congrats. Super picture.

Willl
12-31-2015, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the photo XK

Happy New Year

gandydancer
01-01-2016, 09:14 AM
First of all thankful ya are alright---nothing like going through tough times to make you stronger--the Triumph is a fun, cool bike---be safe and be blessed---

mercator1
01-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear that. I had been looking at an F6B, and ended up getting another R1200RT. Today, I got in a little situation and had to lay it over at a weird intersection. First time I've ever put a bike down. Minimal stuff that can be fixed, but for the first time, I felt like my height, age and orthopedic issues made the BMW more than I can handle. At 5'9", it's always been challenging, but I never felt like it was too much for me until today.

I'm a little bummed out, and thinking I might take the big financial hit and jump to an F6B. I need to take some time to relax and get over the incident, but right now I can't remember why I didn't go with the Honda in the first place. I think it was the outdated electronics that turned me away, but I can get over that, I think.

Getting old sucks.