PDA

View Full Version : let us NOT Forget 9-11-01

Phantom
09-10-2015, 11:41 PM
Please take a moment and remember those that died on that day and the many that have died fighting terrorism since then.

:icon_smflag:

Cool Hand Luke
09-11-2015, 05:45 AM

I used to live in NYC and Northern NJ. My wife was born and raised in Northern NJ. We actually knew somebody who lost their life in WTC. It still makes me both sad and angry.

Vondawg
09-11-2015, 06:04 AM
Never Forget

Fla_rider
09-11-2015, 06:27 AM
While the act makes all of us angry and sad of the lives lost, let us also remember how much America came together after that attack on our country. Crime was at a all time low and many young American's freely entered our volunteer armed services. It didn't matter what the color of your skin we were ALL Americans. While other countries saw it as a victory over America, what it really accomplished is a country wide pride that awoke the eagle and brought us together as one.

willtill
09-11-2015, 08:22 AM
While the act makes all of us angry and sad of the lives lost, let us also remember how much America came together after that attack on our country. Crime was at a all time low and many young American's freely entered our volunteer armed services. It didn't matter what the color of your skin we were ALL Americans. While other countries saw it as a victory over America, what it really accomplished is a country wide pride that awoke the eagle and brought us together as one.

It is sad that it takes a calamity to bring the country together. Unfortunately it is not long lasting. The country has fallen back apart generally along the lines of societal divisims.

Let us hope we never incur another terrorist attack such as the destruction/loss of life at the WTC's, and the accompanying attacks/loss of lives directed against the Pentagon and Flight 93. That was an awful day.

May those whom lost their lives rest in peace, those whom remember them are comforted, and for those whom have; and are continuing the fight against anti-American terrorism... godspeed and victory.

Retired Army
09-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Use this opportunity to pray that the hunger for freedom overcomes the thirst for power.

F6wannaB
09-11-2015, 10:19 AM

Well stated! Thoughts and prayers to all of the families affected by this tragic event

Airborne06
09-11-2015, 10:36 AM
It changed my life, and my family's life forever. Less than a month after 9-11, I was staging in Uzbekistan....and what happened after that will forever be a part of who I am. Yes...let us never forget nor let down our guard. God Bless America!

shooter
09-11-2015, 11:02 AM
You are so right Phantom. It makes me sick the way that half of this country don't give a shyt about what happened. Instead they focus on what their country can do for them and never what can I do for my country. A thanks to JFK for that. People need to pull theirselves up by the bootstraps and take a stand. We have an election coming up and a chance to help this country. Please everyone get involved in your local races cause it starts small and then get out and vote next November. I'll get off my soapbox now.

CopperMike
09-11-2015, 11:13 AM
Never Forget...

stroguy
09-11-2015, 01:22 PM
You are so right Phantom. It makes me sick the way that half of this country don't give a shyt about what happened. Instead they focus on what their country can do for them and never what can I do for my country. A thanks to JFK for that. People need to pull theirselves up by the bootstraps and take a stand. We have an election coming up and a chance to help this country. Please everyone get involved in your local races cause it starts small and then get out and vote next November. I'll get off my soapbox now.

JFK would be labeled a radical these days.

Ixol Phaane
09-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Please take a moment and remember those that died on that day and the many that have died fighting terrorism since then.

+1 and Amen!

shooter
09-11-2015, 01:45 PM

Yeah or a republican. I always liked him. The way he backed Castro down.

nvmyf6
09-11-2015, 02:28 PM
On 9/11/2002, I attended the Patriot Parade, that was held in Phoenix, AZ. hosted by W. Steven Martin, who I believe was at the time a radio disc jockey. This parade of 7242 motorcycles stretched over 14 miles as we rode the I-10 from Phoenix to Scottsdale.

I will not forget

Greg O
09-11-2015, 08:57 PM

Amen brother.

swingfast
09-11-2015, 09:25 PM
:icon_smflag: I REMEMBER!

motozeke
09-12-2015, 09:56 AM
I'll never forget that nightmare of a day--burned into my memory. And when I think of what's happened since then, I'm inspired by the courage and sacrifice of our armed forces and at the same time saddened and worried by what this extended war has done to us. Made us fearful and angry, turning on ourselves and believing that victory can come by continually doubling down on violence and ratcheting down on our freedoms. We forget that our greatest strengths are our values and our example.

But that said, I am an endless optimist when it comes to America. We have the ability to renew ourselves almost daily. Things will get better.

Steve 0080
09-12-2015, 10:50 PM
Another side I never knew !

https://video-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xat1/v/t42.1790-2/11995932_1170340662983330_1205744677_n.mp4?efg=eyJ ybHIiOjQ0MiwicmxhIjozMzAzfQ%3D%3D&rl=442&vabr=246&oh=99b3c61d6f441d2cedebdcc76ac7e325&oe=55F507CA

fxdl2051
09-13-2015, 04:56 PM

and the Founding Father's would be on the NSA's watch list.

willtill
09-13-2015, 05:04 PM
and the Founding Father's would be on the NSA's watch list.

The United States was founded by rebels. How would that be different today; if like thinking Americans took the country back?

Who is the enemy? Of whom?

It is been said that only 3% of the colonists population actually took part in the American revolution; back in the day.

Deep thoughts.

JGF6B
09-13-2015, 07:24 PM
There are some good folks out there making sure we don't forget.
We hiked the Hancock loop Saturday and were happy to see a nice flag on each summit.
A man and his son carried the pole and flag to the top of the north peak.
A boy scout troop carried the pole and flag to the top of the south peak.
We hike often but I guess it is the first time we did a 4000 footer around 9/11. Very nice. A US flag is raised on the summit of each of the 48 4000 footers in NH at 10 am and lowered at 2pm.
Pretty sure we'll be visiting one of the 4000 footers every 9/11 from here forward.

BACA
09-13-2015, 07:41 PM
My wife's birthday is on Sept. 11th.........she just happened to be in Wash. D.C. the day of the attack.....she has told me some amazing stories that never appeared on the news..........I will never forget 911.....and the people and families that lost loved ones and the people and animals who helped the find the survivors!!

moosedog
09-14-2015, 06:46 PM
My band played at a Celtic Fest last Friday and we played Alan Jackson's "Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning". Though not a Celtic song it still got the largest applause of the night.