PDA

View Full Version : Add the adjustable w/s

xcrider
09-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Has anyone taken the time to figure how much money would be involved in buying the GW parts to make the w/s adjustable on the F6?

unsub
09-11-2015, 04:51 PM
Has anyone taken the time to figure how much money would be involved in buying the GW parts to make the w/s adjustable on the F6?

Can that be done? I was under the belief the necessary shelter hardware cannot be applied to the F6b.:shrug:

DMAGOLDRDR
09-12-2015, 08:04 AM

I started pulling up a parts break down on both the F6B and Wing and although it can be done, it turned into a project I wasn't about to tackle when there are other options. Just too many parts that need to be swapped. I now have a Madstad Shield.

I will never understand why Honda couldn't just leave the Adj shield on the F6B.

xcrider
09-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Haven't figured that out myself. I can see originally leaving off the cruise control. But the adjustable w/s & self-cancelling turn signals??:icon_rolleyes:

Vondawg
09-12-2015, 08:29 AM
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl1800_ergomot_electric_windshield_kit/120/214984

OEM parts (full wing) would probably be as much $

stroguy
09-12-2015, 08:35 AM
I will never understand why Honda couldn't just leave the Adj shield on the F6B.

Because it is an F6B. I don't think the adjustable shield would fit a Valk either and I hope there aren't folks wondering why they didn't put it on the Valk.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-12-2015, 08:56 AM
http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl1800_ergomot_electric_windshield_kit/120/214984

OEM parts (full wing) would probably be as much $

If you look into the Ergomot system, beware of the fine print... It recommends the Motor be be replaced each 10.000 kilometers or at least once a year.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-12-2015, 09:01 AM
Because it is an F6B. I don't think the adjustable shield would fit a Valk either and I hope there aren't folks wondering why they didn't put it on the Valk.

My point is the Wing already had the Adj. Shield. Honda had to redesign it not to be adjustable.

stroguy
09-12-2015, 09:06 AM
My point is the Wing already had the Adj. Shield. Honda had to redesign it not to be adjustable.

You are being too kind to call it a windscreen/shield on the F6B. It looks like orphaned plexiglass. But it's one of the first things that drew me to the B. I love the line it creates with the front end. But after riding a couple 100 miles it was evident that the compression of the air directly on my nose and face had to be elevated. Hence I went with a shorty Baggershield. But I understand why Honda went with that short screen, they had to put wind on the rider to add that sport feel.

motozeke
09-12-2015, 09:50 AM
I used to think having an adjustable windscreen was a requirement, but once I got my Madstad dialed in I stopped caring. There is such a thing as near perfection... at least IMHO.

Vondawg
09-12-2015, 10:15 AM
If you look into the Ergomot system, beware of the fine print... It recommends the Motor be be replaced each 10.000 kilometers or at least once a year.

I never saw that ! For that kind of money that seems a show stopper.......go Madstad !

GiddyupF6B
09-12-2015, 09:05 PM
(*) The electric motors should be replaced every 10.000 kilometers or at least once a year. At each regular maintenance of the bike, the guiding rails have to be cleaned and adjusted. Damage following the fact of pour maintenance or non replacement of both electric motors will be excluded from all warranty.

I've had the Ergomot for a year and a half and it operates flawlessly. They're 2 actuators that raise the shield up and down, being electrical I wouldn't understand the need to replace them at all unless they fail? I don't understand this recommendation at all. I'm very happy with the shield.

Vondawg
09-13-2015, 10:22 AM
Thanks Giddy....real life, daily experience accounts for a lot. Replacing annually wether failed or not seems a bit over the top......wonder how much the units/motors cost.

dickiedeals
09-13-2015, 12:33 PM
I used to think having an adjustable windscreen was a requirement, but once I got my Madstad dialed in I stopped caring. There is such a thing as near perfection... at least IMHO.

+1............Dickie:yes:

PAVALKER
09-14-2015, 11:15 AM

I agree.... It seems that if the F6 had the manual adjustable shield, there would have been more flexibility in getting one shield and using it for actual wind deflection in the up position and lowered for the cool factor and to get some wind. But then.....maybe it was their intent to make a killing on accessory shields?