PDA

View Full Version : Bike MP3 Rack

Apache1
09-11-2015, 06:01 PM
I was looking at purchasing one of these and noticed that if your passenger back rest is not installed, you need to also purchase an OEM bracket kit in order to mount rack. That's an extra 90 bucks, any way around this without having to put the backrest back on the bike?

Hornblower
09-11-2015, 06:04 PM
I was looking at purchasing one of these and noticed that if your passenger back rest is not installed, you need to also purchase an OEM bracket kit in order to mount rack. That's an extra 90 bucks, any way around this without having to put the backrest back on the bike?

Apache, if I'm not mistaken, you need the bracket kit to mount both the passenger backrest and the MP3 rack. As a result, I know of no way to avoid buying the bracket kit.

dickiedeals
09-11-2015, 06:05 PM

Nope its required for most all the racks...One of the reasons to buy the deluxe. You get way more than $1000 in needed parts with the deluxe..................................Dickie

Apache1
09-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Nope its required for most all the racks...One of the reasons to buy the deluxe. You get way more than $1000 in needed parts with the deluxe..................................Dickie
Dickie.... What is this deluxe rack you speak of?

okf6b
09-11-2015, 06:56 PM
Dickie.... What is this deluxe rack you speak of?

I believe he speaketh of the F6B Standard vs Deluxe models. The deluxe model includes the back rest and necessary hardware for mounting a rack along with Cruise control (2015 models), centerstand, heated grips, and self-cancelling turn signals.

Apache1
09-11-2015, 07:19 PM
I believe he speaketh of the F6B Standard vs Deluxe models. The deluxe model includes the back rest and necessary hardware for mounting a rack along with Cruise control (2015 models), centerstand, heated grips, and self-cancelling turn signals.
I have a deluxe model, but I took the backrest off. Do I still need the OEM Bracket Kit in order to install the Bike MP3 rack?

Hornblower
09-11-2015, 07:24 PM
I have a deluxe model, but I took the backrest off. Do I still need the OEM Bracket Kit in order to install the Bike MP3 rack?

As long as you left the brackets on, you should be good-to-go.

Apache1
09-11-2015, 07:32 PM
As long as you left the brackets on, you should be good-to-go.
I just took the backrest off and screwed the bolts back in the holes. Do I need the base off of the backrest? All the pics I've seen doesn't show any base or OEM brackets that I can see! Looks like the rack just screws into the existing mount holes?!?!? I don't get the OEM bracket kit......

stepbill
09-11-2015, 07:36 PM
I just took the backrest off and screwed the bolts back in the holes. Do I need the base off of the backrest? All the pics I've seen doesn't show any base or OEM brackets that I can see! Looks like the rack just screws into the existing mount holes?!?!? I don't get the OEM bracket kit......

Your good to go! You have everything that you need.

Apache1
09-11-2015, 09:33 PM
Your good to go! You have everything that you need.
StepBill... Thank you Sir! I thought it looked like I could just bolt that thing on! The ad is a bit misleading, they should state that OEM Kit is for Standard models only, Deluxe you're good to go! Thanks again everybody, timely and to the point, solved my dilemma!

SPGrenier
09-12-2015, 03:13 PM
There is a clear difference in the small Honda cargo rack vs the larger MP3 rack

Fla_rider
09-14-2015, 09:28 AM
I have the MP3 Rack, one of my best buys!:biggthumpup:

BEIST
03-11-2016, 06:00 AM
Anybody got any idea how long it's going to take to install the brackets and MP3 Rack on a standard 2013? I would like to know what to expect? Thanx!

edgeman55
03-11-2016, 05:26 PM
Anybody got any idea how long it's going to take to install the brackets and MP3 Rack on a standard 2013? I would like to know what to expect? Thanx!

Should not take any more then a hour or so.

BEIST
03-12-2016, 03:04 AM
Should not take any more then a hour or so.

Thanks for the estimate :yes:

pilotguy299
03-18-2016, 07:34 PM
I just added the MP3 rack to my F6B, and it looks great. Pretty easy to put on, and seems real sturdy.