PDA

View Full Version : New Utopia Backrest

Doug44
09-13-2015, 11:53 AM
I installed this backrest yesterday it went smoothly once I was able to get the passenger backrest removed in order to remove the seat. Seems a gorilla in Japan must have been on the assembly line the day my 6 was born! It wasn't pretty (my language or what's left of a couple of the bolts) after finally getting broke lose. Why is it an hour job turns into 3 hours and bloody fingers :banghead:

BigAl1952
09-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Mine was the same way when I was investigating taking my seat off. Luckily after trashing 2 of the backrest bolts with my socket set I have I had a real good and they were new set of allen wrenches in the basement. I used one of those with a 12 inch cresent and broke them all loose. A loud pop was heard in doing so. Was it nerve racking cutting the slot for the backrest at all in the seat? Al

Old Ryder
09-14-2015, 09:20 AM
Why is it an hour job turns into 3 hours and bloody fingers :banghead:

It's because old FARTS like us are probably on some dang blood thinner. All I have to do is open my tool box and my skin will break open and start bleeding for no reason at all. I have come to expect all manual work is going to involve some blood flow. :icon_doh:

Greg O
09-14-2015, 06:07 PM
It's because old FARTS like us are probably on some dang blood thinner. All I have to do is open my tool box and my skin will break open and start bleeding for no reason at all. I have come to expect all manual work is going to involve some blood flow. :icon_doh:
Blood thinners suck, I hate taking that rat poison.

willtill
09-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Blood thinners suck, I hate taking that rat poison.

Better than the alternative though... choose your poison.

I had a Utopia backrest on my past Victory Vision... I never thought I really needed a backrest... until I had one. Very wonderful for long distance cruising! :yes:

Donncat
09-14-2015, 06:28 PM
I feel you pain, and had the dealer put my utopia on. :clap2:

Kdarmy
09-14-2015, 06:47 PM
Putting the backrest on must be that gorillas job on the assembly line...I had to remove mine to put on my show chrome back luggage rack....Omg...pushpushpush...POP!

Doug44
09-14-2015, 08:46 PM
OK my brothers glad I am not the only one that had that gorilla put on my rear back rest at the factory. As far as cutting the slit in the seat I had done this once on one of my GL1800's I had so it wasnt too bad. Thanks for your input always good to hear from all.

ths61
09-14-2015, 09:10 PM
Getting up the nerve to put a knife through a perfectly good seat is the hardest part. :yikes: