PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Mississippi

blackmetoc
09-15-2015, 06:02 AM
My job is moving me back to the MS gulf coast. I expect to be riding west into TX a bit, and hopefully up north into AR this fall. If anybody has any nice rides besides just I-10 and such, I am open to suggestions.

stroguy
09-15-2015, 06:26 AM
Spent many years in Biloxi. That place has grown up. If you make it to TEXAS give a hollar and we can do lunch. In Beaumont head north and grab 105 over to the northside of Houston.

blackmetoc
09-15-2015, 06:40 AM
Spent many years in Biloxi. That place has grown up. If you make it to TEXAS give a hollar and we can do lunch. In Beaumont head north and grab 105 over to the northside of Houston.

I will make it that way. I have not ridden in TX, OK, or AR yet. I work on the LA/MS border. There is a NASA site there and the Navy has some stuff on the property. This scene was filmed there, BTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjlDRTemjzQ

Fla_rider
09-15-2015, 06:58 AM
Lot of people don't know it but that was a live fire scene. :yikes:

Steve 0080
09-15-2015, 07:11 AM
Great movie and probably the best scene in the movie....

willtill
09-15-2015, 07:15 AM
Now THAT is some suppressive fire... :icon_wink:

stroguy
09-15-2015, 07:21 AM
My wife worked that NASA base in the SATO office. As my father in Meridian refers to the late Senator as 'Sentnor Stennis'.

Here is another Academy Award winning movie filmed in Biloxi/Gulfpory/Ocena Springs area. IT HAS MOTORCYCLES IN IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szgfgL-YmW8

Arkf6bRider
09-15-2015, 10:34 AM
I live just out of little Rock. Lots of good rides around the state If you get up this way give me a shout. Would be happy to show you around. The weathers about to get right.

Arkf6brider

blackmetoc
09-16-2015, 01:17 AM
I live just out of little Rock. Lots of good rides around the state If you get up this way give me a shout. Would be happy to show you around. The weathers about to get right.

Arkf6brider

Thanks! I was at the Honda dealership today and he showed me a brochure for that area. It was www.motorcyclearkansas.com. Some good rides and information for riding through the area.

blackmetoc
09-16-2015, 01:19 AM
Lot of people don't know it but that was a live fire scene. :yikes:

Indeed. You will hear them firing most every day, and if you are lucky, you also get a rocket engine test too. It can be a noisy and fun place to work.