PDA

View Full Version : Centramatci wheel balancer

stepbill
09-16-2015, 08:08 AM
Curious if any is using this and how they like them. I saw where one of our sponsors has them on sale.

bob109
09-16-2015, 09:49 AM
Get yourself some Ride-On Tire Sealer/Balancer. Treated, your tires will be both balanced and have protection from punctures. No fuss, muss or ado.

stepbill
09-16-2015, 12:03 PM
Get yourself some Ride-On Tire Sealer/Balancer. Treated, your tires will be both balanced and have protection from punctures. No fuss, muss or ado.

I wonder if that would affect the tire pressure sensor that I have mounted to the valve stem?

seadog
09-16-2015, 01:46 PM
I wonder if that would affect the tire pressure sensor that I have mounted to the valve stem?

No only will it seal up a puncture it will definitely piss off the guy that has to change out that slimy mess.
I have said it before about not knowing when a puncture has occurred and keep driving on a tire that is compromised. Those two pieces of rubber have your life in their ability to rolled the roads safely. If you have a puncture and that stuff seals it up before you realize your tire has been compromised, how safe are you, we all like to twist the throttle now and then. I won't use that sealer balancer just for that reason, I want to know when that tire is hurt, cause it is coming off the rim and a new one is going on. I use balancing beads and nothing that will seal a puncture. I carry the small air compressor and puncture repair to get me home but that is as far as that tire is going. Balancing beads won't mess up your tire pressure sensors either. JMHO

Steve 0080
09-16-2015, 03:04 PM

+1

rich
09-16-2015, 05:44 PM
No only will it seal up a puncture it will definitely piss off the guy that has to change out that slimy mess.
I have said it before about not knowing when a puncture has occurred and keep driving on a tire that is compromised. Those two pieces of rubber have your life in their ability to rolled the roads safely. If you have a puncture and that stuff seals it up before you realize your tire has been compromised, how safe are you, we all like to twist the throttle now and then. I won't use that sealer balancer just for that reason, I want to know when that tire is hurt, cause it is coming off the rim and a new one is going on. I use balancing beads and nothing that will seal a puncture. I carry the small air compressor and puncture repair to get me home but that is as far as that tire is going. Balancing beads won't mess up your tire pressure sensors either. JMHO

Actually, the ride on sealant doesn't leave a mess compared to others such as slime. I don't disagree about replacing the tire though. I try to do a visual check for nails, screws, etc each time before riding as well.

stepbill
09-16-2015, 07:32 PM
Actually, the ride on sealant doesn't leave a mess compared to others such as slime. I don't disagree about replacing the tire though. I try to do a visual check for nails, screws, etc each time before riding as well.

I am really bad about that, I normally just get on and ride unless it is a long ride. Then I do check things but I really don't believe that I have ever checked the tires :icon_redface::shhh:.

Old Ryder
09-16-2015, 10:08 PM
I too am interested about the wheel balancers.

yabiah
09-17-2015, 03:26 PM
Get yourself some Ride-On Tire Sealer/Balancer.
Treated, your tires will be both balanced and have protection from punctures. No fuss, muss or ado.

Actually, the ride on sealant doesn't leave a mess compared to others such as slime. I don't disagree about replacing the tire though.
I do a visual check for nails, screws, etc each time before riding.

+1