PDA

View Full Version : Daytona Bike Fest

Steve 0080
09-16-2015, 04:12 PM
Is anyone going, any plans,and thoughts?????

I am trying to decide to go to Daytona or go to Big Dawg's weekend riding school..... have to fill out my riding wavier first and have it notarized .

Cool Hand Luke
09-16-2015, 08:22 PM
Is anyone going, any plans,and thoughts?????

I am trying to decide to go to Daytona or go to Big Dawg's weekend riding school..... have to fill out my riding wavier first and have it notarized .

Please do tell more... I will be in Brevard NC that week as well!

Steve 0080
09-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Still planning...no firm info.... I am waiting on a decision for Daytona....35 mins as opposed to 10 hours !

Big Dawg
09-17-2015, 07:55 AM
Please do tell more... I will be in Brevard NC that week as well!
For the past 6 years, my son Skip and I have always gone to Daytona for Biketoberfest. This year the friends that we go to visit and stay with are not going to be home. Since that trip is more about visiting them, we are thinking about going back to Franklin. The leaves should be in full glory if that is of any interest. If we do go, Steve may join us. Dan, if I do come to North Carolina, I'll be sure to keep you in the loop. I really enjoyed riding with you last time. It is a pleasure finding skilled riders that enjoy "riding" the back country roads. Cheers

imported_scottydi
09-17-2015, 06:56 PM
That waiver reminds of one of Ron White's skits, "I had the right to ride my own ride, but I didnt have the ability" testosterone can be a dangerous thing, but life sure would be boring without it....

Big Dawg
09-17-2015, 07:34 PM
That waiver reminds of one of Ron White's skits, "I had the right to ride my own ride, but I didnt have the ability" testosterone can be a dangerous thing, but life sure would be boring without it....

Scotti, that is a classic, I wonder if I may borrow that line sometime? Too funny.

Deer Slayer
09-17-2015, 08:29 PM
Riding wavers? :bsII:
One of the local support rides locally wanted a form filled out with SSAN for background check. That :bsII: ain't going to happen!

dickiedeals
09-17-2015, 10:14 PM
As much as I like riding with big Dawg it will have to wait until later in the year, or next Labor day weekend. It looks like I'll ride up to Daytona Friday The 16th for the Cracker Barrel Breakfast with the F6B riders on Friday if it comes together and go from there...........................Dickie:icon_cool:

Cool Hand Luke
09-18-2015, 08:10 AM
For the past 6 years, my son Skip and I have always gone to Daytona for Biketoberfest. This year the friends that we go to visit and stay with are not going to be home. Since that trip is more about visiting them, we are thinking about going back to Franklin. The leaves should be in full glory if that is of any interest. If we do go, Steve may join us. Dan, if I do come to North Carolina, I'll be sure to keep you in the loop. I really enjoyed riding with you last time. It is a pleasure finding skilled riders that enjoy "riding" the back country roads. Cheers

Thanks Jimmy, I'd love to connect with you if you do come. I always go to Biketoberfest as well, and indeed my friends are going. One of them even bought a house there so place to stay is secured.

However, my kids are off from school that week this year, we bought the house in Brevard and my wife wants us all to go there and see the leaves. I am keeping my F6B in garage there so I can do some riding as well. So far it looks like I can't make a strong enough case for riding to Daytona.

Who knows, I may show you guys some roads you haven't ridden yet. :icon_wink:

hardtail
09-18-2015, 08:13 AM
I will be in Daytona that week with some brand X friends from home. Will watch the board for details.

Big Dawg
09-22-2015, 05:47 AM
Thanks Jimmy, I'd love to connect with you if you do come. I always go to Biketoberfest as well, and indeed my friends are going. One of them even bought a house there so place to stay is secured.

However, my kids are off from school that week this year, we bought the house in Brevard and my wife wants us all to go there and see the leaves. I am keeping my F6B in garage there so I can do some riding as well. So far it looks like I can't make a strong enough case for riding to Daytona.

Who knows, I may show you guys some roads you haven't ridden yet. :icon_wink:

Sounds like fun to me. I love finding new roads.

53driver
09-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Dawg - sounds like a hoot, but I have an intergalactic visitor (well, at least from Western Canada) arriving for the sole purpose of going to Daytona, as he has never been.
I'll catch the next iteration.....hopefully Andy can too as I cannot keep up with him either....

Big Dawg
09-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Dawg - sounds like a hoot, but I have an intergalactic visitor (well, at least from Western Canada) arriving for the sole purpose of going to Daytona, as he has never been.
I'll catch the next iteration.....hopefully Andy can too as I cannot keep up with him either....

See ya next trip