PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing....

Jayrock
09-18-2015, 11:56 AM
Back on July 28 when I was riding on the Idaho side of Hwy 12 westbound, I hit a patch of pea-gravel when I was coming into a curve. Instead of going around the curve, I immediately went straight off toward the mountain side. Broke 2 vertebrae in my upper back, but I'm almost completely healed now. My black beauty of course died. I want to get another F6B soon as possible, but I'm debating whether to save $1000 off the cost of the bike by buying red instead of black. I'm going to add most of the same accessories I had before, but most everything I bought was black. Wondering if black accessories look good on the red bike, or if I'm going to have to buy chrome??

Apache1
09-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Back on July 28 when I was riding on the Idaho side of Hwy 12 westbound, I hit a patch of pea-gravel when I was coming into a curve. Instead of going around the curve, I immediately went straight off toward the mountain side. Broke 2 vertebrae in my upper back, but I'm almost completely healed now. My black beauty of course died. I want to get another F6B soon as possible, but I'm debating whether to save $1000 off the cost of the bike by buying red instead of black. I'm going to add most of the same accessories I had before, but most everything I bought was black. Wondering if black accessories look good on the red bike, or if I'm going to have to buy chrome??
Black looks good with the red, all of my accessories are black! Even painted chrome exhaust shields Flat Black, I like it!

JGF6B
09-18-2015, 01:23 PM
Half of the red bike is black anyway.

I almost held out for a black bike. I really, really preferred the black over the red. After owning the red for a few months I'm perfectly happy with it. I think I'm actually starting to like the red better than the black.

I do have thoughts about the matte silver w/ black pipes and cruise though.....

Steve 0080
09-18-2015, 01:51 PM
WOW!!!!! Glad you are better !!! Black goes w/ everything !!!!!

Jayrock
09-18-2015, 02:32 PM
Steve do you still make the passenger backrest extensions? That is the only part on my old bike which I told the insurance company is irreplaceable

Steve 0080
09-19-2015, 08:17 AM
I am out.... May do a run for Christmas !

Brasco
09-19-2015, 02:10 PM
Great news about your speedy recovery, Jayrock! I'm guessing the 2015 models will be discounted to the same price as what the 2014's are currently selling for when the bike show hits town in January. Just a thought. That red is pretty sharp though. Change is good!

CopperMike
09-19-2015, 07:15 PM
Glad you recovered quickly!

Steve,

+1 if you do a Christmas run of the back extensions. Wife told me I am buying one! LOL