PDA

View Full Version : Madstad, really??

moosedog
09-19-2015, 09:02 PM
I know these windshields get their fair share of discussion on this board, but here's a bit more. I was the lucky high bidder of a Madstad 11" clear shield complete kit from the recent auction to support the rally a couple of weeks ago. I received the unit last Friday, installed it immediately and have taken a couple of nice long rides on it. I hate to be a hater..........so I won't. I love this windshield system!!! It works exactly like the website and many of you members here have said it would. No buffeting and just enough breeze to help keep you cool. I have close to 100,000 miles on BMW's with their excellent windshields and this one is every bit as good - or better. It's not electric, but it doesn't need to be. In seconds, I can adjust the shield so it puts nice clean air right at the vent at the top of my helmet when it needs to be there, or completely over my helmet, or directly on my face if I want. I am just a shade under 6' with a longer torso and sit straight on my stock seat. Have not had my wife on the back yet to see how it works for her but will not hesitate to go to the 13" if I need to.

Go Madstad!!!

motozeke
09-19-2015, 09:13 PM
All true, this windshield delivers.

dickiedeals
09-19-2015, 10:07 PM
I love Mine..............Dickie:yes:

yellow rex
09-19-2015, 11:24 PM
I also love mine.

Steve 0080
09-19-2015, 11:59 PM
Yup !

Ray H
09-20-2015, 08:01 PM
Me too!

Bruce B
09-20-2015, 08:42 PM
My Madstad is the second one ever to be installed on an F6B (Edgeman had the first). Still love it as much as I did on day one. I know that personal tastes vary but for me, I can't imagine riding behind anything else.

Fla_rider
09-21-2015, 07:50 AM
I don't care what any of you say! It's butt ugly! :moon:

opas ride
09-21-2015, 09:01 AM
+1..To each his own as they say, but I will continue with my Baggershield which works great for me....Ride safe

seadog
09-21-2015, 09:45 AM

+1 on the butt ugly

Wing'n it
09-21-2015, 10:19 AM
Now you guy's have my curiosity up, i'm going to go look at them.........

I checked them out and I really like the idea of it. All of the pictures for the F6 are broken links so I couldn't really see it but i'm liking the idea of it. I know that the F6 has a huge "backdraft" with my large Clearview unless I open the vent so with this design letting good airflow under the whole width I bet it's a nicer ride.

Bruce B
09-21-2015, 03:17 PM
Now you guy's have my curiosity up, i'm going to go look at them.........

I checked them out and I really like the idea of it. All of the pictures for the F6 are broken links so I couldn't really see it but i'm liking the idea of it. I know that the F6 has a huge "backdraft" with my large Clearview unless I open the vent so with this design letting good airflow under the whole width I bet it's a nicer ride.

+1

F6B1911
09-21-2015, 04:21 PM

Most of the comments in this thread are regarding the wind management of the Madstad, your's is the first regarding the looks.
I have the opposite feeling about the looks.
I have the 11" dark on my F6B, and the look grows on you, and over time it adds to the "Bad Ass" look of the bike.
I've had numerous positive comments on my Madstad.

The Madstad did two things for my bike:
1) solved the buffeting (I purchased 4 windshields before the Madstad)
2) improved the overall look of the bike

Not sure any other windshield system can make that claim???

JGF6B
09-21-2015, 04:35 PM
I think my 11" clear shield is ugly so it sounds like I need to order a dark shield.

Phantom
09-21-2015, 11:45 PM
I'm butt ugly!

There, fixed it for ya :nutkick:

Stop looking in the mirrors :icon_mrgreen:

Couldn't resist :spank:

stukatz
09-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Most of the comments in this thread are regarding the wind management of the Madstad, your's is the first regarding the looks.
I have the opposite feeling about the looks.
I have the 11" dark on my F6B, and the look grows on you, and over time it adds to the "Bad Ass" look of the bike.
I've had numerous positive comments on my Madstad.

The Madstad did two things for my bike:
1) solved the buffeting (I purchased 4 windshields before the Madstad)
2) improved the overall look of the bike

Not sure any other windshield system can make that claim???

I agree that the looks do grow on you (it's looks made me really nervous before purchase/delivery). I now can't imagine my bike having anything else. Clean air all the way.

moosedog
09-23-2015, 05:08 PM
I suppose there are people who choose a bike or even a windshield solely for it's looks. I'm not one. I demand function and versatility as well as good looks. The Madstad delivers and besides I kinda like the looks of it. Of course everything looks better when you have a smile on your face.

Vondawg
09-23-2015, 05:50 PM
I suppose there are people who choose a bike or even a windshield solely for it's looks. I'm not one. I demand function and versatility as well as good looks. The Madstad delivers and besides I kinda like the looks of it. Of course everything looks better when you have a smile on your face.

Yada yada