PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new 2013 today...and brought it back!

Bweiner10
09-19-2015, 11:05 PM
I picked up my 2013 leftover today. Man I was excited. Woke up super early! Paid for it. Went thru all the paperwork. All the small talk. Jumped on her. Took her about 5 miles down the road ant the check engine light came on. Man I was pissed. Turned around and went back. Sales guy fooled with the gas cap and ignition a bit and it went off. I took off again and made it around 200 yards down the road. Again I turned around. Dropped it off and left it at the dealership. I'm freakin pissed. Not a great way to start! I talked to them and they said something about some fumes coming off of something Honda uses being sucked into the engine. They filled the gas tank more and rode it for 25 miles and it was ok for them. New bike will be delivered on Tues. Not thrilled...

Steve 0080
09-20-2015, 12:03 AM
Well... you will be able to say you are the first with this issue!!! sorry.

chipmaker
09-20-2015, 03:58 AM
How long was crappy AZ gas in that 2 yr old new bike? Maybe it needs just needs a fuel system flush.

opas ride
09-20-2015, 11:39 AM
Had a similar situation with a bike years back that had been on the floor for over a year, which I found out later,and the dealer had to remove the tank and flush the fuel system until it finally ran right....Perhaps some Seafoam and fresh gas will fix the issue which is kind of rare on a fuel injected bike.....

Bweiner10
09-20-2015, 04:04 PM
Had a similar situation with a bike years back that had been on the floor for over a year, which I found out later,and the dealer had to remove the tank and flush the fuel system until it finally ran right....Perhaps some Seafoam and fresh gas will fix the issue which is kind of rare on a fuel injected bike.....

That's what I'm thinking. I tank or 2 of fresh gas. Some sea foam or injector cleaner and I will be on my way. Bummed I missed out on a happy weekend of riding. If that's all it is, I guess I will take it. I will not be going back to this dealer if they don't make it right (a little more than just fixing a brand new bike)!

opas ride
09-20-2015, 04:21 PM
I feel fairly confident that fresh gas with a little additive of some brand should send you on your way with good results...These F6B' are very reliable and it is rare that the problems you have described are not easily solved...Good luck and ride safe....

bob109
09-20-2015, 05:05 PM

+1 on the Sea Foam...put the whole can in a fresh tank of gas and run the bike until almost empty. Repeat the process if necessary:icon_wink:

willtill
09-20-2015, 06:21 PM
Typical common Honda dealer new bike delivery to the customer. :icon_rolleyes:

Bweiner10... check the oil in your final drive. Hopefully it's full; unlike what many of us have experienced. :icon_rolleyes: Oh, and check to make sure you have the proper torque on your rear wheel lug nuts, Should be 85ft lbs... not the 50ft lbs that my bike had... :icon_rolleyes:

Despite the many awful Honda dealerships around... the F6B product is without faults. Enjoy your new F6B. We sure are. .dickie-deals.

stroguy
09-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Typical?

willtill
09-20-2015, 06:31 PM
Typical?

I have two Honda Dealers near me. Both "accentuate" the "typical" poor bike delivery behavior. That is my statistical sample that I offer. Others on this forum have offered the same experience as well.

If you know of a "good dealer" make it be known... so that they get the business.

bob109
09-20-2015, 06:42 PM
Typical common Honda dealer new bike delivery to the customer. :icon_rolleyes:

Bweiner10... check the oil in your final drive. Hopefully it's full; unlike what many of us have experienced. :icon_rolleyes: Oh, and check to make sure you have the proper torque on your rear wheel lug nuts, Should be 85ft lbs... not the 50ft lbs that my bike had... :icon_rolleyes:

Despite the many awful Honda dealerships around... the F6B product is without faults. Enjoy your new F6B. We sure are. .dickie-deals.

80 ft lbs on the rear lug nuts.....not 85ft lbs:shhh:

stroguy
09-20-2015, 06:48 PM
My dealer in Houston. You coming here to buy? Service? Typical means almost all the time and I don't see how we can infer 'typical' when it is a handful of issues compared to how many cycle sales? Deliveries without issue?

stroguy
09-20-2015, 06:49 PM

I guess anyone can make a slip. Good catch. That's not typical of will I'm sure.

F6wannaB
09-20-2015, 07:16 PM
I have two Honda Dealers near me. Both "accentuate" the "typical" poor bike delivery behavior. That is my statistical sample that I offer. Others on this forum have offered the same experience as well.

If you know of a "good dealer" make it be known... so that they get the business.

When I picked mine I mentioned the final drive issue that I learned about here! Danbury Powersports(CT) went over everthing on the bike.

They even mentioned fresh gas and an additive to make sure I didn't have any gas issues. I paid a little more than some of the deals I've seen some guys get here, but being a mechanical moron it's vital to me to find a quality dealer and service department that I trust.

I've purchased 12 dirt bikes, quads, motorcycles from these guys and have never ever had a problem.

Hope that helps

Steve 0080
09-20-2015, 09:42 PM
+1 on the Sea Foam...put the whole can in a fresh tank of gas and run the bike until almost empty. Repeat the process if necessary:icon_wink:

+1... try to stay under 45 MPH for the first 100 miles or so, this may help clean the injectors a little better.... + 1 on the entire can !!!

shooter
09-20-2015, 10:18 PM

Better to be 5 up than 5 down.

willtill
09-21-2015, 06:10 AM

I guess anyone can make a slip. Good catch. That's not typical of will I'm sure.

Yes, correct. :icon_doh:

80ft lbs... my mistake... senior moment; memory block; too many motorcycles; too many spec's off the top of my head. :kap:

Bweiner10
09-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Yes, correct. :icon_doh:

80ft lbs... my mistake... senior moment; memory block; too many motorcycles; too many spec's off the top of my head. :kap:
Thanks for the heads up! I will check em out when I get her in the garage. I will be checking out the bike top to bottom for sure!