PDA

View Full Version : Last Day of Summer

Madmax
09-22-2015, 11:47 AM
Hey Guys ... Last day but have plenty of good riding . The girl friend asked about a heated vest , anyone have the F6B wired for heat and what are you running ?

GaTeach
09-22-2015, 12:02 PM
My dealer told me that they wire all of their bikes when they come in. I am due for service and they are going to pull the seat off and get the pigtail where I can get to it.

I use Gerbing gloves and jacket liner with dual controller.

GaTeach

stroguy
09-22-2015, 04:17 PM
The vest is for you correct? You'll be blocking the wind. I ride into the thirties with only long johns and leathers and winter gloves. That setup carries me for up to 40 minutes before I begin feeling the effects of the cold.

bob109
09-22-2015, 05:03 PM
Now I know why I "Snow Bird" to North Central Florida. Jeans with chaps, a heavy sweat shirt with leather jacket and my long lined leather gloves provides enough protection for those occasional freezing mid 50 degree temperatures. Having a 12 month riding season, 6 months in NE Pa. and the remaining 6 months in sunny Florida is good for the "soul".

No Handle Sam
09-22-2015, 05:08 PM
My dealer told me that they wire all of their bikes when they come in. I am due for service and they are going to pull the seat off and get the pigtail where I can get to it.

GaTeach

Hey Teach… where do you get your service done?

DMAGOLDRDR
09-22-2015, 05:28 PM
Hey Guys ... Last day but have plenty of good riding . The girl friend asked about a heated vest , anyone have the F6B wired for heat and what are you running ?

I have Grerbing Gear and I set the bike up with Two Controllers mounted on the right side and remote plugs in the Gas Cap Cover.
I ride all year as long as the roads are clear here in New England.

I have spent most of my money on Motorcycle and Women, the rest I just wasted..

Steve 0080
09-22-2015, 06:42 PM
Hey Teach… where do you get your service done?

Sam, do your own and check the rear diff ..... 20 min start to finish !!!

GaTeach
09-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Cycle World in Athens

F6wannaB
09-22-2015, 07:41 PM
I have Grerbing Gear and I set the bike up with Two Controllers mounted on the right side and remote plugs in the Gas Cap Cover.

Use a Gerbing Vest and never needed full jacket or pants! Love DMA's setup!

DMA we are neighbors!!

ths61
09-22-2015, 08:05 PM
Anyone mount a Gerbing controller for the passenger ?

If so where and any picts ?

TIA

stevenolts
09-22-2015, 09:29 PM
I have the Tourmaster Synergy and love it. Why be cold ever?

I used it this morning (it was 50 degrees) I had my mesh jacket over a thin rain liner to block the wind when I left the house. This setup would have worked this morning and I would have been a little cold. I decided to stop and within a 2 minute stop I was warm and toasty running on low heat the rest of the 30 minutes to work.

I feel like there is no reason to ever be cold. My Tourmaster Synergy jacket is now 5 years old and still works like it was new. I think they cost around $150.00 and is well worth every penny for the comfort it provides.
Steve

unsub
09-23-2015, 12:07 AM

GaTeach

:yes:

http://www.revzilla.com/gerbings-heated-clothing

DMAGOLDRDR
09-23-2015, 06:45 AM
Use a Gerbing Vest and never needed full jacket or pants! Love DMA's setup!

DMA we are neighbors!!

Thanks F6wannaB,
Do you ever get to the old "Dairy"
A few of us meet there most Sundays at 9 and head out for a ride...

I will NOT be there this Sunday as I am riding the Newtown Fire House ride.

GaTeach
09-23-2015, 07:15 AM
I have the Tourmaster Synergy and love it. Why be cold ever?

Steve

YES! I am not scared to plug in! I hate being cold and I love to ride.

I wear thick "deer hunting" socks and heavy chaps and I've never felt like I needed the pants or socks. The jacket liner and gloves have served me well. I think the coldest I've ridden here was 17.

And then there was the time I shoveled a path through the ice on my road so I could get Pearl out...

No Handle Sam
09-23-2015, 07:28 AM
Sam, do your own and check the rear diff ..... 20 min start to finish !!!

I had them double check it at the dealership before I left.

Pseudo-Fed
09-23-2015, 10:25 AM

Nice setup. I gave my Gerbing gear with last motorcycle sale but will get jacket liner and gloves again. I always just ran the portable dual controller in my left jacket pocket, and plugged into pigtail under left side of seat.

Gerbing all the way....

ths61
09-23-2015, 12:34 PM
Nice setup. I gave my Gerbing gear with last motorcycle sale but will get jacket liner and gloves again. I always just ran the portable dual controller in my left jacket pocket, and plugged into pigtail under left side of seat.

Gerbing all the way....

FWIW, Gerbing used to have near custom fits with separate chest/sleeve length combinations before they went to the S/M/L/XL/XXL sizing model.

The wife and I have their near custom fit gear from @ 2007 (before they went to the micro-wire heating elements). When they finally give up the ghost, we will be re-upping.

Madmax
09-23-2015, 12:52 PM
The vest is for the girl but if I'm going threw the work to mount a heat control just do the dual heat control , The heat control mounted in the blank space looks great !

jkelley
09-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Check out Warm N Safe. Great stuff, and all of the pig tails etc are the same.

I use a remote controller in the glove box, with the plug in on the left side near my knee.

Works like a champ and I can ride in just about any cold temp I want.

I commonly ride into the low 20's in the winter.

DMAGOLDRDR
09-23-2015, 01:10 PM
If you plan to also use Heated Gloves, than the Jacket Liner is much easier than Vest as you can plug the Gloves into the end of the sleeves of the Heated Jacket Liner. If you only have a Vest, then you need to run wires thru to the Gloves.

I still have my old Widder Vest from 15 yrs ago. Still works great and I can use when I ride my Old GL1000 that has a very low output Stator.
I ran wires through the inside of my winter jacket for my Heated Gloves and have Dual Controllers on both bikes.

Steve 0080
09-23-2015, 08:07 PM
I had them double check it at the dealership before I left.

I should have known !!!!!:icon_biggrin: