PDA

View Full Version : First thoughts and........Key chain ideas???

Bweiner10
09-25-2015, 11:25 AM
Hey all, Got my F6B on Tues (finally). Put it thru a little inspection last night and rode her to work this morn. Love her! What a ride! Pictures and report to come once I clean and install all my accessories I have gotten for sure. One thing I will say right off the bat is the smooth power compared to the rough power the valk had is crazy! I took it easy as I am in the "break in" period. So, to the point of the post... My 1st motorcycle keychain has gone by way of the birds (after many years and 4 bikes) and now I have just a key. I need ideas for a new keychain for the new ride. What do you guys have or use? Show me your chains!!!!!! haha!!!!!! All suggestions welcome!!!!!!

BACA
09-25-2015, 12:02 PM
Got the idea from racing many years ago........enjoy!!

Ride Safe....But Often!!

Bill1584
09-25-2015, 01:40 PM
Here is what I use. Its' just a simple leather strap, with two bull elk ivories attached with copper brads. Each bull has two, and this contains one from each from my first two. Any guess what my other key looks like? If there is any mojo in this, I can certainly use it. I figure this, along with my gremlin bell, ought to do the trick.

shooter
09-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Bad ass keys will make you a key that is plum special. Check it out.

willtill
09-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Bad ass keys will make you a key that is plum special. Check it out.

They have some pretty awesome keys :yes:

ths61
09-25-2015, 04:41 PM
Here is what I use. Its' just a simple leather strap, with two bull elk ivories attached with copper brads. Each bull has two, and this contains one from each from my first two. Any guess what my other key looks like? If there is any mojo in this, I can certainly use it. I figure this, along with my gremlin bell, ought to do the trick.

That is cool. Mine is a black leather strap with a buffalo nickel.

seadog
09-25-2015, 05:22 PM
Hey all, Got my F6B on Tues (finally). Put it thru a little inspection last night and rode her to work this morn. Love her! What a ride! Pictures and report to come once I clean and install all my accessories I have gotten for sure. One thing I will say right off the bat is the smooth power compared to the rough power the valk had is crazy! I took it easy as I am in the "break in" period. So, to the point of the post... My 1st motorcycle keychain has gone by way of the birds (after many years and 4 bikes) and now I have just a key. I need ideas for a new keychain for the new ride. What do you guys have or use? Show me your chains!!!!!! haha!!!!!! All suggestions welcome!!!!!!

Break in period, is 5 second of first gear then ride it like you stole it. I have broken in all my motorcycles that way. If they were built right they will be fine and if they weren't you will find out immediately while the warranty is good and strong. Never had one fail and they have never burnt oil. That include my new F6B deluxe I rode it home from the dealership like a Wildman with his azz on fire.

Bweiner10
09-25-2015, 07:11 PM
Break in period, is 5 second of first gear then ride it like you stole it. I have broken in all my motorcycles that way. If they were built right they will be fine and if they weren't you will find out immediately while the warranty is good and strong. Never had one fail and they have never burnt oil. That include my new F6B deluxe I rode it home from the dealership like a Wildman with his azz on fire.

Yeah, by break in period I mean ride half sane! I'm just takin it easy on this sweet girl! Oh my, the ride home from work just amazed me again. It's crazy how a bike so big can feel so nimble! I thought the valk was balanced!

Kdarmy
09-25-2015, 07:54 PM
The same basic leather and skull theme I've used on my bikes since 1980...

Steve 0080
09-25-2015, 09:56 PM
No matter what you use, use something.... w/o a fob the key will fall into the plastic never to be seen again... ask me how I know....:icon_redface:

shooter
09-25-2015, 11:11 PM

Hit 100 mph on the way home from the dealership. Took it easy the first five miles. It was congested city traffic. Dealer didn't say anything about a breakin period.

willtill
09-26-2015, 07:16 AM
No matter what you use, use something.... w/o a fob the key will fall into the plastic never to be seen again... ask me how I know....:icon_redface:

Hmmm.. I don't use a key fob for my bike; however your above remark now gives me pause.

Steve 0080
09-26-2015, 06:27 PM
Yup... I had to have a key brought to me....:icon_doh:

That will not happen again !!!

sshake1905
09-26-2015, 11:37 PM
I like the BACA ignition key setup.....reason why ? After putting the first 16,000 miles on my F6, I will guarantee you if you have a clear windshield on your bike, the chrome ring around the ignition will reflect and glare when the sun is at your back side.....

The BACA key with the black plastic flange will cover the chrome ignition ring and prevent that annoysome glare.....also another hint.....any chrome key ring attached to your ignition key will cause the same bothersome reflection on the backside of a clear windshield....

I have used a permanent marker to coat the chrome ring around the ignition switch face and my key chain is made of black velcro for zero reflection and zero scratching when the key is in the igniton

Just saying from experience...hoping it might help...Shaker

GHOSTRACER
09-28-2015, 07:53 AM
My eldest got this for me many years ago and have used it as my motorcycle keychain ever since.

jaygollner
09-28-2015, 11:40 AM
I keep it simple,
Garage door opener
Mini light
Balls so the wife knows that I still have mine.

Old Ryder
09-28-2015, 03:04 PM
Need I elaborate? :stirthepot: btw---all of the key chains I have used just flop around so I go "chainless"

Bweiner10
09-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Cool! Bunch of cool ideas. My lucky key chain from my 1st bike is gone. Bummed about that one. I think I found a cook paracord one I am going to order. Just need something to add a little more size so I can see the key in the key drawer!