PDA

View Full Version : Sale, LED Rectangular Lower Fog Light Kit

RickW
09-27-2015, 07:41 PM
We have finally caught up with all of the Back Orders and just got a very large shipment that we can actually ship immediately.
If you have put off purchasing these you are in luck.

List: $349.99

Sale Price: $260.00

You Save: $89.99 (26 %)

Item Number: BP52-906

LED Rectangular Lower Fog Light Kit GL 1800 Gold Wing 12+ & F6B (http://store.valueaccessories.net/LEDRectangularLowerFogLightKitGL1800GoldWing12.asp x)

These LED Fog Lights provide the exceptional illumination Goldwing owners have come to expect from Big Bike Parts.
These LED Lights feature 2 LED's each, one facing forward through a projector the other facing downward through another reflector to give you a nice horizontal beam.

Similar to the round 3 ½” version, these LED Fog Lights provide a bright white beam that is low and horizontal, which is great for rain and fog or highlighting deer and other wildlife that lurk in the night.
Enhanced photo-metrics and custom designed light housings ensure you get the quality of light you deserve, maximizing your safety. This LED Fog Light Kit is fully adjustable for driving, allowing you to place the light where you need it most, making it easier to see and be seen.

Rubber isolation bushings provide a stabilized, vibration free light that is water sealed for weatherproof assurance.
These LED Fog Light Kits are easily installed and come with an OEM quality illuminated switch.
http://store.valueaccessories.net/images/products/detail/52906.jpg (http://store.valueaccessories.net/LEDRectangularLowerFogLightKitGL1800GoldWing12.asp x)

seadog
09-27-2015, 07:45 PM
I am coming to the bridge ride and will pick up a pair of those light during the day on the 3rd. see you there:yes:

willtill
09-28-2015, 06:28 AM
I am coming to the bridge ride and will pick up a pair of those light during the day on the 3rd. see you there:yes:

Make sure you put the lower cowling back on correctly; or they will look misaligned in it. Been there; done that :icon_doh:

RickJ
09-28-2015, 06:42 AM
Make sure you put the lower cowling back on correctly; or they will look misaligned in it. Been there; done that :icon_doh:

I'm a two-timer too...still not perfect but the lights are great...that looks like a great price too. mind which way the switch goes too...,I'm still not sure...but it works fine sooo...

I can't put my finger on it but I KNOW people see me better during the day (that's why I bought them)I SEE them hesitate before turning...and then they wait.

willtill
09-28-2015, 07:02 AM
I'm a two-timer too...still not perfect but the lights are great...that looks like a great price too. mind which way the switch goes too...,I'm still not sure...but it works fine sooo...

I can't put my finger on it but I KNOW people see me better during the day (that's why I bought them)I SEE them hesitate before turning...and then they wait.

Make it a "double whammy". :icon_wink: Install Headlight Modulator as well. :yes:

Wing'n it
09-30-2015, 08:29 PM
That's an awesome buy so I just ordered mine. Hope I got the order right???

Bryster
10-01-2015, 12:28 AM
Hey Rick,

What wattage are these LED's? Looking to setup so I can use as DRL's.

RickJ
10-01-2015, 06:46 AM
Hey Rick,

What wattage are these LED's? Looking to setup so I can use as DRL's.

Good luck finding the wattage...I asked the vendor and the manufacturer and they couldn't tell me...to be fair I didn't talk to rick sooo. But I use them almost exclusively as DRL's and they do the trick...there are 2 bulbs one aimed down ish and one more up...I doubt they are as bright as the 960's but I didn't need blinding light...just "see me" light...

Bryster
10-01-2015, 07:10 AM
Good luck finding the wattage...I asked the vendor and the manufacturer and they couldn't tell me...to be fair I didn't talk to rick sooo. But I use them almost exclusively as DRL's and they do the trick...there are 2 bulbs one aimed down ish and one more up...I doubt they are as bright as the 960's but I didn't need blinding light...just "see me" light...

Thanks, over here fog lights are an offence if not required, If I set up with a skene controller for 1/2 brightness standard running DRL and 100% on High beam I can get away with it! :) may take the chance and see.

RickJ
10-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Thanks, over here fog lights are an offence if not required, If I set up with a skene controller for 1/2 brightness standard running DRL and 100% on High beam I can get away with it! :) may take the chance and see.

These come with a switch..sometimes, on limited access or such, I ride with them off and turn on when I come to populated areas or cross streets. Arguably...in those instances, they are "required"

Wing'n it
10-04-2015, 09:05 PM
Got my set in the mail Saturday and got them installed today. Not too difficult of a job for the DIY'er as the hardest part is installing the switch in the radio panel. (install tip) leave the lower cowl off till dark so you can adjust them. I found that if you put the bike on the center stand about 5 feet from your closed garage door the LED's cast a slight "rainbow line" effect straight across the door. This will allow you to simply adjust them up or down till the rainbow line is one line then you know that they are equal. If they are not the same you see two rainbow lines at different levels.

Bryster
10-04-2015, 11:05 PM
Looks good!

ummm... whats with the budgie bell on the left?

Willl
10-04-2015, 11:46 PM
Looks good!

ummm... whats with the budgie bell on the left?

Its a Guardian Bell, popular gift idea 'gw-smiley'

ths61
10-05-2015, 01:18 PM
Anyone know what the lumen output is on these lights ?

seadog
10-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Its a Guardian Bell, popular gift idea 'gw-smiley'

You didn't buy that yourself did you? You know they are ineffective if you did! They have to be given too you as a gift for them to work properly! Just saying!

seadog
10-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Anyone know what the lumen output is on these lights ?

I had them put on and took them out on a dark extremely rainy night and they were lighting up the shoulders good and casting extra light ahead of the bike. They are worth the money there is no doubt in my mind. You won't find a better set for that kind of money anywhere.

ths61
10-05-2015, 04:21 PM
I had them put on and took them out on a dark extremely rainy night and they were lighting up the shoulders good and casting extra light ahead of the bike. They are worth the money there is no doubt in my mind. You won't find a better set for that kind of money anywhere.

Do you have Xenon HID or LED headlights ? I would like to know if they add any more light to these combinations.

Tbone56
10-11-2015, 06:26 PM
Bought and installed a set of the rectangle LED lights. I have one allen screw remaining. Ugh! I looked over the directions 10 ten times and all over the bike before I put the lower cowl back on, but cannot find a place where there is a missing screw. Six allen screws in the lower cowl and two push pins. The six allen screws in the lower cowl are two different sizes, and this one remaining is even shorter. If anyone has installed this light set, and remembers a 7th allen screw, let me know! This will bug me enough, until I will take it apart again. Oh, BTW, I like the look of the lights and know it will help other drivers see me, night or day.

Wing'n it
10-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Your screws are multiplying, keep them away from each other! Post a pic of the suspect screw and maybe we could identify it. It's possible that it was dropped by someone earlier and when you opened it up it came out, I have found hardware that way before. A dealer could drop a screw and just get another one.