PDA

View Full Version : Madstad shields

Heavvyduty
09-28-2015, 02:09 PM
WOW Ordered my Madstad shield 6weeks ago, Was to be shipped by 9-23-15.
Called today said they haven't even got to it..But I'm not to far down the list .
WoW says 10 day waiting on there web site, Lets see 6x7 yep thats more then 10 days. O ya you took my money on day number 1. Now there going to call me back with a for sure ship date.
I know alot of you said this was the shield, But dam how long did you wait to get it.

Just Pi$$ed rite now.:icon_evil:

DMAGOLDRDR
09-28-2015, 03:01 PM
Mine only took a week BUT that was during the winter. I would guess they are a bit more backed up this time of year.

ths61
09-28-2015, 03:11 PM
Yep, backlogs change. Mine took @ 3 weeks and then came drilled with the wrong hole pattern. They corrected the problem at their expense. It sure beats the tall vented shield I tried and I don't do a face-plant into it either when trying to get the B off of the center stand.

F6B1911
09-28-2015, 05:46 PM
Be patient, I think they are moving to a new location, give them some time to get all moved and up and running again.

The best part of the wait, the longer you drive without a Madstatd, the more you'll appreciate after it gets installed.

wiggy
09-28-2015, 07:55 PM
If they know they are backed up, they shouldn't charge a person's card until it ships. I don't care how good of a company they are. That's not good business, imo. If the orders are rolling out the door within a couple days after they're placed, that's a whole different story. Six weeks? I'd be ticked too!

Pseudo-Fed
09-28-2015, 08:08 PM
Ordered mine Tuesday, 9/8. Sean said it could ship as late as Friday, 9/18. I called Friday, 9/18, they said it would be middle of following week. I called Wednesday, 9/23. They said they were still moving but should be running that day or next and should ship Friday, 9/25. I called Friday, 9/25.

It shipped last Friday, 9/25. Didn't charge me until 9/25. My special instructions included "rounded, not concave bottom cut" and "Please check holes in brackets against holes in shield(s)". It's due to arrive 9/30. We'll see.

Edited to add: before I ordered I called a couple times with questions. Sean was more than patient with questions about size, color, cut, etc. Geez, sounds like a diamond…. Now to find those install vids….

Fla_rider
09-29-2015, 07:15 AM
Ordered mine Tuesday, 9/8. Sean said it could ship as late as Friday, 9/18. I called Friday, 9/18, they said it would be middle of following week. I called Wednesday, 9/23. They said they were still moving but should be running that day or next and should ship Friday, 9/25. I called Friday, 9/25.

It shipped last Friday, 9/25. Didn't charge me until 9/25. My special instructions included "rounded, not concave bottom cut" and "Please check holes in brackets against holes in shield(s)". It's due to arrive 9/30. We'll see.

Edited to add: before I ordered I called a couple times with questions. Sean was more than patient with questions about size, color, cut, etc. Geez, sounds like a diamond…. Now to find those install vids….

Use a rag when removing the bolts near the mirrors, or the bolts will disappear into never-never land!

Steve 0080
09-29-2015, 09:04 AM
I waited 7 weeks for a _________. Quality takes time....

Heavvyduty
09-29-2015, 09:55 AM
I waited 7 weeks for a _________. Quality takes time....

Yes Quality dose take time, Thats why they should take the 10 day delivery deal off there web page.Thinking you will be getting something in 10 days. Drive's (ME) crazy every day after lol.. But I've been told I'm crazy before lol.:yikes:

stevenolts
09-29-2015, 10:08 AM
I received my Mastad within a few days of ordering back in July.
I guess I was lucky!!!
It is really a great windshield / I love it.
Steve

Heavvyduty
09-29-2015, 07:31 PM
Well they called back today.. She said it would be shipped Thursday.. will see.

Heavvyduty
09-30-2015, 07:18 PM
Well they shipped the shield today.. Maybe my post on there Face Book got them in gear lol.:stirthepot:

VStarRider
10-18-2015, 09:01 PM
I ordered mine a week ago...said 12 days to ship...we will see. Riding opportunities running out quickly up here; would like to try it a few times to see if I like it within 60 day return window.

Heavvyduty
10-19-2015, 05:03 AM
I ordered mine a week ago...said 12 days to ship...we will see. Riding opportunities running out quickly up here; would like to try it a few times to see if I like it within 60 day return window.

I like it

VStarRider
10-20-2015, 12:51 PM
I like it

Is that the medium gray or dark gray? I ordered the medium. Whatever yours is, I like the looks of it.

I hope I get a chance to install it and use it a few times before riding is no longer an option on any day (typically mid-November here).

The stock shield is killing me, even with a full face helmet...

Heavvyduty
10-21-2015, 05:52 AM
Is that the medium gray or dark gray? I ordered the medium. Whatever yours is, I like the looks of it.

I hope I get a chance to install it and use it a few times before riding is no longer an option on any day (typically mid-November here).

The stock shield is killing me, even with a full face helmet...

It is the Dark gray 13in Im 6ft3 and it works great

Vader
10-29-2015, 02:27 PM
Bought my F6 on 9/30. Ordered the Madstad 13" in Dark Smoke on 10/1. Received it on 10/27. It must be peak season for windshields?

Install was a snap. Packaging was great. Each shield appears to be custom made. (Mine had my name on it.) I didn't notice a gap between at the dash once mounted until I read an earlier post today. Now I know to look for it (obsess.)

Quality appears to be outstanding. Once mounted, the entire shield is solid as a rock. Adjustability of the shield seems to provide more than I need, but that's a good thing. Raised the shield about 3/8" above the bottom-most setting with it pulled rearward completely and my 6'1" ass is quietly and calmly situated in the bubble at any speed. All good. My stereo sounds better too! No complaints.

Is it a classically styled windshield? Hell no. But is it a classically styled motorcycle? No to that question as well. I think they match up rather well.

Good add-on to what I thought was already perfect.:yes: