PDA

View Full Version : More fun with the paint and PlastiDip--Red bikes only

Old Ryder
09-28-2015, 02:31 PM
You guys with the much slower black models already have this--or sort of.

Sprayed the Madstad with red PlastiDip. It did not match as close as I had hoped. I think I am going to peel it off and paint it again with the matching red that I used for the inner dash. Auto paint stores can match up and make a rattle can for about $15. I like the texture of the PD, so I may just try spraying over the PD before peeling it off.

Steve 0080
09-28-2015, 04:42 PM
Looks good !!!

zzh54
09-30-2015, 05:05 PM
Nice job on inner dash, can you tell us what color you used for the dash??????

Old Ryder
09-30-2015, 05:23 PM
I took a panel to a local Auto Paint Supply store and they were able to match it very close and put it in a rattle can. About $15 for the custom match. A local body shop may be able to point you in the right direction to a store.

Stripped off the PlastiDip today and going to paint the acrylic base of the Madstad with the rattle can also, but I need to go get another can mixed, tomorrow maybe. Will have a better set up with pictures soon.

Old Ryder
10-02-2015, 10:32 AM
Nice job on inner dash, can you tell us what color you used for the dash??????

This can I bought yesterday. The numbers say it is Isizzu Red. I took a side panel (it has to be a flat 2" surface) and they take a picture with some type of special camera that is suppose to match it. This can yesterday was $21.

It matches a lot better in bright light. I also shot a coat of Red Devil clear coat for some gloss. After reading the thread about "No love for the stock shield, I plugged the holes for the brackets with some painted nylon bolts and may try riding it without the Madstad spoiler. I am trying to decide.

Old Ryder
10-02-2015, 10:42 AM
Here are some with the Madstad adjustable shield attached. Going to try riding in bot configurations after the 10 inches of rain leave--and yea, after the hurricane that follows the rain. Pardon the messy garage. :icon_redface:

Old Ryder
10-08-2015, 07:51 AM
Still tinkering----this is painting over PlastiDip. It looks to be the best match. I like it without the Madstad adjustable section and the wind is not too bad, but you just can't hear the radio. Next step is to spray some "Night Shades" on the tinted part to make it a bit darker.

Steve 0080
10-08-2015, 07:56 AM
Looks good...but that is a lot of work to be able to get the Red bike a little faster !!! :icon_cool:

Looks better with the 2nd part of the shield on...JMO

Old Ryder
10-08-2015, 12:38 PM
Thanks for the input. I like hearing what people think--- good and bad. I seem to do this with all my bikes to some extent. I am not sure what I want, but I will know it when I see it and I ain't seen it yet on the B so it continues to be a work in process. Time to darken the light tint and see where that goes.

Old Ryder
10-11-2015, 10:21 AM
After getting some more tint on the shield, I like this much better.