PDA

View Full Version : First Post Old on this site New to the F6B

Fungus
09-29-2015, 02:54 PM
Hi all
I joined on this site just over two years ago trying to get all the good info on this great looking Bike i had spotted (the F6B).
the bike i had at the time was a suzuki M109R a great bike but i felt it just didn't suit my needs thats when i started looking.

after looking, reading and test riding a few bikes i stumbled across a second hand BMW K1600GTL it had 11,000 km on the clock, 1 year of waranty and around $10,000 cheaper than new.
after a year and a half the crappy gear box that no matter how hard you tried just never shifted without a clunk or the lower speed clunk when going on and of the throttle in traffic was getting to me.
dont get me wrong on the open road and in the twisty's this bike kicked ass it had all the bells and whistles you could ever want but when it came down to the every day parts of bike riding it was a dissapointment.

3 weeks ago my wife had just brought a new Honda F6C Valkyrie and unfotunatly for my wife it was a very wet and heavy rain on the pick up day needless to say i wasnt comfortable with her taking a new to her bike home in these conditions as her last ride was a fairly small bike in comparison. so i had the pleasure of getting to ride it home WOW what a fantastic Bike all the basics were perfect gear change, low speed in traffic handleing and comfort it was just a plessure to ride home i actually felt jealous.
any way we went for a ride that weekend and riding my BMW i was even more pissed off that such an expensive bike could have all the basics so wrong.

when my wife had to drop her bike at the dealers for the 1,000km check there just happend to be a 2013 Black F6B sitting there with only 2,000km on the clock so needless to say i went for a test ride came back and did the deal this bike is a great allrounder plenty of power, all day comfy and it changes gears like a bike should.
My only regret is i did not buy one two years ago.

Old Ryder
09-29-2015, 03:00 PM
Welcome and congratulations on your good taste in motorcycles. .welcome20.

shooter
09-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Great story. I still have my 109 but the B gets most of the riding. Its a great bike for sure. That Valkyrie is pretty sweet also.

richw56
09-29-2015, 04:07 PM
Welcome!

No Handle Sam
09-29-2015, 04:22 PM
Hi all
I joined on this site just over two years ago trying to get all the good info on this great looking Bike i had spotted (the F6B).
the bike i had at the time was a suzuki M109R a great bike but i felt it just didn't suit my needs thats when i started looking.

after looking, reading and test riding a few bikes i stumbled across a second hand BMW K1600GTL it had 11,000 km on the clock, 1 year of waranty and around $10,000 cheaper than new.
after a year and a half the crappy gear box that no matter how hard you tried just never shifted without a clunk or the lower speed clunk when going on and of the throttle in traffic was getting to me.
dont get me wrong on the open road and in the twisty's this bike kicked ass it had all the bells and whistles you could ever want but when it came down to the every day parts of bike riding it was a dissapointment.

3 weeks ago my wife had just brought a new Honda F6C Valkyrie and unfotunatly for my wife it was a very wet and heavy rain on the pick up day needless to say i wasnt comfortable with her taking a new to her bike home in these conditions as her last ride was a fairly small bike in comparison. so i had the pleasure of getting to ride it home WOW what a fantastic Bike all the basics were perfect gear change, low speed in traffic handleing and comfort it was just a plessure to ride home i actually felt jealous.
any way we went for a ride that weekend and riding my BMW i was even more pissed off that such an expensive bike could have all the basics so wrong.

when my wife had to drop her bike at the dealers for the 1,000km check there just happend to be a 2013 Black F6B sitting there with only 2,000km on the clock so needless to say i went for a test ride came back and did the deal this bike is a great allrounder plenty of power, all day comfy and it changes gears like a bike should.
My only regret is i did not buy one two years ago.

Congrats on the new ride. Where did you get it? (Just curious because it sounds like my old bike)

Fungus
09-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Congrats on the new ride. Where did you get it? (Just curious because it sounds like my old bike)

Sorry i havent set my location i am in Queensland Australia

Steve 0080
09-30-2015, 09:31 PM
'welcome gang' to the board !!!

seadog
09-30-2015, 09:54 PM
I came from the M109R myself and like you said, its a great bike but I think the F6B does everything quite a bit better, haven't miss the 109 I sold its just ancient history now.