PDA

View Full Version : OEM Seat Cover ? Should I change it while I can?

F6bisnext
10-01-2015, 05:50 AM
I have a Corbin on the bike I bought used but need it lowered and narrower, so I bought an OEM and sent it to Mean City Cycles for a seat mod. Quick question.....should I change the cover to new vinyl or leather while it's there? I don't have an OEM seat, so it's hard for me to know. Thanks.

willtill
10-01-2015, 05:56 AM
I have a Corbin on the bike I bought used but need it lowered and narrower, so I bought an OEM and sent it to Mean City Cycles for a seat mod. Quick question.....should I change the cover to new vinyl or leather while it's there? I don't have an OEM seat, so it's hard for me to know. Thanks.

Personally IMHO... I don't think anything is wrong with the OEM vinyl; cut and style.

Old Ryder
10-01-2015, 06:45 AM
The vinyl was fine for me. The worst thing about the OEM seat is the way it jammed me forward. If I had it to do over, I would have had them (MCC) move me back and higher with memory foam instead of the soft stuff. But that is just me. Instead I bought the Ultimate to accomplish that.

Steve 0080
10-01-2015, 07:43 AM
The OEM seat was very comfortable to me.... if the slope in the seat were more vertical the seat would have been perfect !!!

shooter
10-01-2015, 03:28 PM
The vinyl was fine for me. The worst thing about the OEM seat is the way it jammed me forward. If I had it to do over, I would have had them (MCC) move me back and higher with memory foam instead of the soft stuff. But that is just me. Instead I bought the Ultimate to accomplish that.

Ryder how much do you think that ultimate raised you up. Oh and to the OP , I like the vinyl on the OE seat. If the foam was better I wouldn't change mine. After two hours my azz is burning. Get off for 15 min. and I'm good to go.

Old Ryder
10-01-2015, 05:47 PM
http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorcycle-accessories/f6b-seats/25140

They compare it to their Mid Rider seat and not the OEM. Here is my best description--- with the OEM I was flat footed very easy. I am 6'1" and 32" inseam @ 250lbs. With the Mustang, I moved back, but lower so that my knees were bent and I was still flat footed when stopped. The King seat moved me back and I am still flat footed but my legs are straight---not uncomfortable--but straight. Hope that helps.

shooter
10-01-2015, 06:33 PM
http://ultimateseats.ca/honda-motorcycle-accessories/f6b-seats/25140

They compare it to their Mid Rider seat and not the OEM. Here is my best description--- with the OEM I was flat footed very easy. I am 6'1" and 32" inseam @ 250lbs. With the Mustang, I moved back, but lower so that my knees were bent and I was still flat footed when stopped. The King seat moved me back and I am still flat footed but my legs are straight---not uncomfortable--but straight. Hope that helps.

Yeah it does thanks. That's the best explanation I've had. You and I are the same height and I'm 32/33 inseam. I know now I can still be flat footed.

Dfinkelsteinmd
10-01-2015, 06:38 PM

I have removed the back rest and wrapped my shield in vinyl so the bike is getting pretty murdered out. I plan to cover my seat this winter when El niņo hits us and am leaning towards Alcantara as it is really nice on my R9T seat from Luis Moto, and I never seem to get caught in the rain.

F6bisnext
10-02-2015, 05:29 AM
I wrote to MCC and they said the OEM vinyl is in excellent shape, no need to change it.

I asked about taking some of the slope off the back and they will cut out a coccyx channel for me free of charge.

Now, just can't wait.

Thanks for the advice!

willtill
10-02-2015, 05:51 AM
I wrote to MCC and they said the OEM vinyl is in excellent shape, no need to change it.

I asked about taking some of the slope off the back and they will cut out a coccyx channel for me free of charge.

Now, just can't wait.

Thanks for the advice!

Expensive to ship it to them? UPS? Fedex?

F6bisnext
10-02-2015, 05:59 AM
You can check out their shipping on their website. Meancitycycles.com

willtill
10-02-2015, 06:42 AM
You can check out their shipping on their website. Meancitycycles.com

Yea, I'm not following you. There's nothing about shipping costs on that website.