PDA

View Full Version : yelp review removed!?!?!

Bweiner10
10-01-2015, 10:59 AM
Hi all, interesting situation. Figured I would post about it. I had a bit of a bummer purchasing my F6B from Western Honda. She is home with me now and running good so that is a plus, but the process was a PITA and really left a BAD taste in my mouth. So needless to say, I wrote a review on Google reviews and yelp. Well, interestingly my yelp review is nowhere to be found!!! I have sent a message to customer support over there at yelp, but I have heard that companies can pay to get negative review removed or something like that. Anyone have any experience with that?

On a side note, Im heading back to the dealership that sold me the bike to see if they can get some marks out of the paint that were there when the bike was delivered to me and to pick up a $100 GC for the hard time. They want me to take down my review on Google review. hhhhmmmmmm......

tinkerman
10-01-2015, 05:12 PM
I had the same experience when I purchased my 2013 F6B from Carter Motorsports in Vancouver BC, Canada. Had a terrible go round with a bunch of less than reputable people....wrote up a civilized negative review on Yelp....a couple days later it was taken down.

Looked into it a bit....as far as I can discover the whole online review process is a scam for the most part. Companies pay "professional" reviewers to write positive reviews....in the case of yelp unless you have a history with that group you can't leave negative views hanging out there without a relationship with yelp....whatever that means.

I finally got what I wanted out of Carter Motor Sports in Vancouver, BC, Canada but it took a lot of time working with the better business bureau and copying the seller on correspondence I was sending to different agencies. Ultimately, they didn't give me anything more than they agreed to.....can't imagine why they were such a bunch of idiots in the first place.

Buyer beware I guess is the only advise I can offer for go forward transactions. And thumbs down to Honda Canada as well.

Bike is running well though.....had a hoot this summer.

tink

Wing'n it
10-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Yelp is a scam all by itself, I never trust anything from there or really any feedback left on public forums. I always ask people for honest answers, like if I was going to go camp at Deals Gap I would come on here and ask, not go looking for feedback that any person having a bad day could post.

Bweiner10
10-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I put the same review up on Google reviews and yelp. I did see the Google reviews is still up and yelp is not. To me, maybe an indication to trust Google reviews more. I think im going to try to yelp review yelp to see what happens! haha!!! I would say the good news is, it wasn't my first rodeo. I knew what I wanted, knew what I was a good deal and the bike runs good. It was more customer service stuff that was the complaint. I can deal with it. The review would have benefited a 1st time buyer more. Personally I "measure twice, cut once" when it comes to research and purchase. I love the bike for sure!

Barbie
10-02-2015, 11:24 AM
:022::022::022:

:165fs373950:

:tissue:

.nothing.to.sdd.

TailGunner
10-03-2015, 09:43 PM
Hi all, interesting situation. Figured I would post about it. I had a bit of a bummer purchasing my F6B from Western Honda. She is home with me now and running good so that is a plus, but the process was a PITA and really left a BAD taste in my mouth. So needless to say, I wrote a review on Google reviews and yelp. Well, interestingly my yelp review is nowhere to be found!!! I have sent a message to customer support over there at yelp, but I have heard that companies can pay to get negative review removed or something like that. Anyone have any experience with that?

On a side note, Im heading back to the dealership that sold me the bike to see if they can get some marks out of the paint that were there when the bike was delivered to me and to pick up a $100 GC for the hard time. They want me to take down my review on Google review. hhhhmmmmmm......

My friend will be headed to Scottsdale to pick up his new bike from the same dealer this coming Thursday. What kind of problems did you have that maybe he should look for?

SierraKen
10-03-2015, 10:15 PM
My friend will be headed to Scottsdale to pick up his new bike from the same dealer this coming. What kind of problems did you have that maybe he should look for?

I bought my 2015 Blue F6B from them on Sept 7th and had no issues. Bike was ordered over phone and was all ready for me when I arrived. Rode it from Scottsdale to Rockies Gold and enjoyed it as one should.

What were the issues you glad?

TailGunner
10-03-2015, 10:27 PM
I bought my 2015 Blue F6B from them on Sept 7th and had no issues. Bike was ordered over phone and was all ready for me when I arrived. Rode it from Scottsdale to Rockies Gold and enjoyed it as one should.

What were the issues you glad?

I had none but I bought mine locally, my friend will be picking his up Thursday and I wanted to know from Bweiner10 what problems he had so I could give my buddy a heads up if needed

Bweiner10
10-04-2015, 04:22 PM
I had none but I bought mine locally, my friend will be picking his up Thursday and I wanted to know from Bweiner10 what problems he had so I could give my buddy a heads up if needed

Seems like the problem was mostly old gas. You can read the whole review on google reviews if you search my name, Benjamin Weiner. Besides that, the bike was dirty. After the reviews were posted I got a call from them. They gave me a $100 GC for the parts dept or work. Also went over the bike and gave it a quick wipe down as well as polished some marks in the paint that the bike came with.