PDA

View Full Version : Corbin "dual tour" seat for F6B who's got one? How is it?

Wing'n it
10-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Anybody got one of these seats for their F6? I'm curious about the comfort for tall people as I can pick up a new/used one up from a friend at a decent price but I can't set on it without a 5 hour drive to him.

F6bisnext
10-03-2015, 05:28 AM
I have one. First thing you notice is how WIDE this thing is. Very painful in my hips first time I rode it....I do have some arthritis in my left hip though. Now I just do some stretching before going out for a ride.

Second thing you notice is how hard it is. Feels like no padding at all, but doesn't really matter. It's comfortable enough.

Third thing is I have to "scootch" up when coming to a light. Very wide seat makes me tippy toe at stops.
I have the driver and passenger backrests which are very comfortable.

Very large passenger area. If your passenger likes to be close up to you....this may not work. Very roomy for her, she can move around.

Hope this helps.

Jimmytee
10-03-2015, 06:38 AM
I have one that I bought from another member here. I've had it for over a year and can tell you I enjoy the seat. The one I have was reupholstered in a black velour by the previous owner. I wasn't sure I'd like the black velour , but at the price I got the seat with rider & passenger back rests, OEM luggage rack with mounting brackets was very good. It was such a good deal that I could easily justify reupholstering the seat if I wanted to. Basically, I got everything for what it would cost to pay retail just for the luggage rack and brackets. Since then, I can say I really do like the Velour, cooler in summer and warmer in the winter.

When I got the seat, the previous owner had already logged approx. 5,000 miles on the seat. I mention that because my understanding is that the Corbin seats take a couple thousand miles to really break them in. I've put over 11 or 12 K miles on the seat since, and it has been consistently comfortable. The seats are much firmer than say what you'd get from the OEM or like Ultimate. I have Ultimate seats on my Valkyrie, and I really do like them, I'm sure the F6B seats would be similarly comfortable. I've spent 8- 12 hrs in the saddle, and for me the firmness starts to wear a bit after a day ride in the saddle. Not terrible, but then on most seats, that amount of time starts to nag on your butt a bit.:icon_cool:

For some, the firmness of the Corbin seat never suits them. For me it works. My wife also likes the seat. The funny thing though, is we both like the cushy couch feeling of the Ultimate seats on the Valkyrie as well.:icon_rolleyes:

The Corbin seat allows you a more "sitting in the seat" kind of feel than "on the seat" feel like the OEM. I generally like this feel, but I will acknowledge that for sporty aggressive riding, I think the OEM seat has an edge to it. That being, that it's just a bit easier to move you butt around for adjusting body english in turns. Some of that might be the material as well. The vinyl of the OEM seat probably is a little easier to slide your butt around on.

I do't have any issues with coming to a stop and putting my feet down. Yes , where your butt resides, the seat is wider than the OEM, but up where you put your feet down the seat does not have those wide squared off edges that protrude into your thighs when you put your feet down. That was the most annoying thing about the OEM seat to me. I'm 5' 8" with 30" inseam.

ff73148
10-03-2015, 07:06 AM
I've got one and I love it. Corbin's tend to be hard even after you break them in. That being said I like the support it gives me on a long ride. But seats are a subjective issue. Everyone is different and the only way you are going to know if it works for you is to buy it. You can always sell it. I'm 5'10" with a 30" inseam and it works for me.

CTHarris
10-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Just bought my first F6 and it came with the Corbin with both backrests. Literally JUST bought it so I can't say anything about long ride comfort but I do feel, at 5'10" that I seem to be sitting pretty far back to reach the backrest. In fact, I can't use the backrest AND reach the bars. I will be getting bar extenders. However, since you ask about it fitting a tall person? I am guessing it would be perfect.

Wing'n it
10-03-2015, 08:18 PM
Well I drove up and bought it today and it's a real nice seat and came with one backrest that can go in either place. Almost 11 hours on the road to get it and i'm beat will install tomorrow and see how it feels, pics as well......

hgslayr
10-03-2015, 08:26 PM
I saw the F6B seat at street vibrations last week and have to say its a nice looking seat and very plush and cushiony..Julio told me they use a softer cushion material now...I told him that my 2 up rune seat made by him 5 years ago is too hard and he told me to bring it down to Hollister and he would replace the foam for free...I cant say enough about customer service for the people who have the luxury of driving into their factory and having the seat form fitted to your exact body type...