PDA

View Full Version : Kury ergo 3 question

Bweiner10
10-04-2015, 04:07 PM
Hi all. Just installed the black Kury ergo 3 highway pegs on my bike. Got a quick question for those who have em. Do your pegs lay parallel with the road when they are extended down? The pegs on my on mine are angled up. Seems odd. Thanks in advance.

willtill
10-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Hi all. Just installed the black Kury ergo 3 highway pegs on my bike. Got a quick question for those who have em. Do your pegs lay parallel with the road when they are extended down? The pegs on my on mine are angled up. Seems odd. Thanks in advance.

They will be angled up a little.

There is a small adjusting screw that you may have missed; that could possibly be screwed out and contacting the yoke; which could be exaggerating the angle (Red Arrow). Check that (sorry for the quality of the pic):

http://i60.tinypic.com/alnl21.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/2dcctmo.jpg

Bweiner10
10-04-2015, 04:34 PM
I had adjusted those all the way in and had no effect. I just double checked to make sure. For some reason the picture uploaded sideways. Sorry!!!

willtill
10-04-2015, 04:47 PM
I had adjusted those all the way in and had no effect. I just double checked to make sure. For some reason the picture uploaded sideways. Sorry!!!

I can see what you are portraying. DEFINITELY your pegs should not be angled THAT HIGH even with the adjustment not screwed all of the way in. They should look like mine in the previous picture.

Turn the peg yokes more towards you... you are going to want that angle so the pegs will flip up and rearward if they hit something while you are on them and in a turn...

There's not that much that could go wrong with these pegs in the yokes... look at how the pegs extend downwards while in them... is there some swarf or something (unmachined material) that is preventing them from extending further down?

There is a left and right side yoke as well... make sure you have them installed as articulated. Look closely at the Kuryakyn instructions.. I don't have mine readily handy

Bweiner10
10-04-2015, 05:35 PM
Yeah, I think I followed them to a "t". I didn't see ant manufacturing gunk left over either. I'm willing to bet I have something funked up.

Bweiner10
10-04-2015, 09:13 PM
It was the clevis's. The were on the wrong sides...:banghead: at least it's fixed now! Time to ride on! Thanks for the time!

BigAl1952
10-04-2015, 10:20 PM
Willtill
Are yours in the up position as shown. So when you put your feet on the pegs they move down towards the ground when you are using them? I just ordered a set and haven't got them yet so I was just curious. Thanks Al

willtill
10-05-2015, 05:26 AM
It was the clevis's. The were on the wrong sides...:banghead: at least it's fixed now! Time to ride on! Thanks for the time!

:yes:

Willtill
Are yours in the up position as shown. So when you put your feet on the pegs they move down towards the ground when you are using them? I just ordered a set and haven't got them yet so I was just curious. Thanks Al

Yes, they are in the "up" position, as pictured.