PDA

View Full Version : picking up new F6B this week!

Big Cat
10-05-2015, 09:17 PM
After totaling my beautiful 2012 white Goldwing on September 11...eerie coincidence...I have ordered a new 2015 deluxe F6B, which I will attempt to picture here: 17090

The farkling has already begun...order will be placed tonight for a new Klockwerks Flare windshield, and I'm sure there will be more to follow. I do intend to mount a TIR3 brake flasher in the rear fender at some point...has anyone done that with the flush-mounted model?

Happy to see that the 2016 rally will be in Russellville, AR...home to some of the finest riding roads in the country! I will definitely plan on being there, and to meeting other members of this forum.:excited:

SierraKen
10-05-2015, 09:33 PM
Congrats! You will love the bike I'm sure. Farkling has only begun! Will see you at next years rally if not before take care.

Steve 0080
10-05-2015, 10:24 PM
Welcome !!! Oh yea...spend sometime in the accessories section and garage...way to much stuff there...most if not all of your questions will be answered !!!

Willl
10-06-2015, 12:16 AM
Welcome to the Forum, post some pictures after you get your ride :cheers:

yardart
10-06-2015, 05:52 AM
Congratulations Jim, you will love it.. I've rode almost 10K on 2013 red deluxe since May 2015,
very nimble for only 70 lbs. lighter

Hornblower
10-06-2015, 08:57 AM
I do intend to mount a TIR3 brake flasher in the rear fender at some point...has anyone done that with the flush-mounted model?

Of course, several of us have installed the TIR3 in the rear fender. Apparently, you are aware that in order to flush-mount the TIR3, some "surgery" is required to the underlying plastic. Personally, I didn't enjoy doing that.

The new thinner version is no longer called the TIR3 (not sure what it's called now) but it functions similarly. Being super-thin, a surface mount looks like the older TIR3 flush mount. This is a huge advantage since all that is required is drilling a small hole for the wire to pass through and mounting the light. It's so much easier. You can contact Denise at West Chatham Warning Devices in Lexington, SC for price and availability. Her e-mail address is: denise@westchatham.com or you can phone at: (803) 520-6637. Note: I believe Lexington, SC is located in the area recently affected by severe flooding so this might affect how quickly she can respond :shrug:.

zzh54
10-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Glad you are able to buy new bike after totaling your other. Welcome to the board, look around, a lot of tips can be found here. What not to do and what works well.

Big Cat
10-06-2015, 04:40 PM
Of course, several of us have installed the TIR3 in the rear fender. Apparently, you are aware that in order to flush-mount the TIR3, some "surgery" is required to the underlying plastic. Personally, I didn't enjoy doing that.

The new thinner version is no longer called the TIR3 (not sure what it's called now) but it functions similarly. Being super-thin, a surface mount looks like the older TIR3 flush mount. This is a huge advantage since all that is required is drilling a small hole for the wire to pass through and mounting the light. It's so much easier. You can contact Denise at West Chatham Warning Devices in Lexington, SC for price and availability. Her e-mail address is: denise@westchatham.com or you can phone at: (803) 520-6637. Note: I believe Lexington, SC is located in the area recently affected by severe flooding so this might affect how quickly she can respond :shrug:.

Thanks, Hornblower!

Having already performed that surgery once before, I was not particularly looking forward to doing it on the brand-new bike. I will definitely reach out to Denise, and thanks for the heads-up! I can see already that this forum is going to be a big help to me in spending my farkling money! :yikes:

Jimmytee
10-06-2015, 05:18 PM
Congrats on the new bike. Not too far from ya here in E-town,KY

Ridlikhel
10-06-2015, 10:44 PM
Big Cat, keep your eyes open for a Black 6, it could be me. I'm just down the street in Thompsons Station at 31 & 840.

You'll love this bike.

Big Cat
10-07-2015, 06:44 AM
Big Cat, keep your eyes open for a Black 6, it could be me. I'm just down the street in Thompsons Station at 31 & 840.

You'll love this bike.

I'll keep my eyes open for you...have you gone to the Darkside yet? Wanna get out some Sunday morning for a 250-mile ride around the area?