PDA

View Full Version : backrest

fidz
08-09-2013, 10:14 AM
is there an adjustable backrest riser available from stock height to lets say 4-5 inches higher thanks

Steve 0080
08-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Yes, I have two more available.....I have the next 30 being built now, pick them up next Thur, go to Sand blaster, then to powder coating....then back on E Bay.......if yuou want one now......pm me your address .....and I will send you an address to send a check.....

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?527-Backrest-Riser-for-F6B-on-EBay

fidz
08-11-2013, 09:27 AM
are they adjustable for the height thanks

Steve 0080
08-11-2013, 09:46 AM
No...the back rest that is currently available only raises the butt chock 4 inches... there was a prototype posted a couple week ago that if it come on the market may be adjustable but only for up and down... I am having one made next week as a special order that will bring the butt chock up 4" and forward 5"...this one will be one off and I have permission from the buyer to smoke off his credit card... When all this started I wanted to do a adjustable unit but it just became to cost preventive,,,,,preventative to the point one could not sell them, to expensive !

Here are a couple of pics of what I have....if you can come up with exactly what you want, I can get it made for you, but it will be exspensive!

fidz
08-11-2013, 09:00 PM
how expensive do you mean

Steve 0080
08-11-2013, 09:13 PM
depends on how and what you want to accomplish....the one I am doing next week is really no big deal, just a one off.... Be aware, I am not doing the work...I draw up the plans and summit them to a machinist who in turn makes the item and hands me a bill. I will not know what the bill is until it is handed to me... If you know a machinist in your town go by and visit and see what they have to say for your ideal...hope this helps...steve FYI...normally the steps are, get the item made, take to a sand blaster, hurry, then to a powder coater...once it is sand blasted, do not touch the item with your bear hands...