PDA

View Full Version : Transmission and final gearing comparsion F6b vs Goldwing

JetBlackWing
10-07-2015, 03:03 PM
I just wondering if the (2013 models) Goldwing and the F6B has the same ratios? Thanks in advance

Sorcerer
10-07-2015, 04:52 PM
I haven't looked anything up but being as the wheels, tires, rearend, drive shaft, brake pads are interchangeable and between 2GL fuorums and 1 F6B no one is clammering to get a rear end or tranny gears my bet is they are the same. 🙈🙉🙊 YMMV

BIGLRY
10-08-2015, 11:55 AM
I just wondering if the (2013 models) Goldwing and the F6B has the same ratios? Thanks in advance

Yep:301:

JetBlackWing
10-08-2015, 01:52 PM
Thanks. I thought it would be highly possible they dropped the ratio's on this meaner, lower, stripped down version GL, for more rapid take offs, and response in canyon carving riding. I'm now guessing they reduced the late model Valkyrie bikes.

I would prefer the same gearing of the GL myself. It surely takes to the curves just as it is, and I do tend to look for that #6 gear often (after coming from a 1900 Vee Twin bike) it will take some getting used to.

Wing'n it
10-09-2015, 07:00 AM
Thanks. I thought it would be highly possible they dropped the ratio's on this meaner, lower, stripped down version GL, for more rapid take offs, and response in canyon carving riding. I'm now guessing they reduced the late model Valkyrie bikes.

I would prefer the same gearing of the GL myself. It surely takes to the curves just as it is, and I do tend to look for that #6 gear often (after coming from a 1900 Vee Twin bike) it will take some getting used to.

A lot of us do look for that sixth gear. I think we shift by the engine "feel" and it just feels like there should be another gear. The bottom end on the F6 as well as the Wing pulls hard enough that Honda could change the final ratio for decreased RPM's but I bet they have their reasons why it's the way it is.

BigAl1952
10-09-2015, 07:46 AM
A lot of us do look for that sixth gear. I think we shift by the engine "feel" and it just feels like there should be another gear. The bottom end on the F6 as well as the Wing pulls hard enough that Honda could change the final ratio for decreased RPM's but I bet they have their reasons why it's the way it is.

Especially when you come from riding a Vulcan or a Voyager for a while. I been looking for 6th gear a lot. Al