PDA

View Full Version : Master List of accessories for F6B

stevenolts
10-13-2015, 05:50 AM
I think maybe we should compile a list of accessories that work on the F6B.
We could add items that we have installed and give ratings, how to install info, cost, where to buy, general info about accessory.

This is just an idea / what do you guys think?
Steve

F6B1911
10-13-2015, 06:03 AM
why re-invent the wheel, go to the home page and look at the section:

» Sponsors of F6B Riders

tinkerman
10-13-2015, 06:43 AM
Well it seems to me to be a reasonable suggestion.

When I go to many of the bigger aftermarket suppliers to look at what is available for the F6B's they tend to lump everything together so some things....at least for me...might fit the F6B but just wouldn't work from my standpoint. For sure some of the smaller vendors are more bike specific but others are not so much.

Vondawg
10-13-2015, 07:53 AM
I think it's a very good idea....then some of the questions that get asked in the begining of ownership might be less. I know we have a great "search" but it seems it's not utilized enough, because a lot of the same things are asked over and over rather than taking advantage of the deep wealth of knowledge others have documented and took the time to share.

Greg O
10-13-2015, 08:48 AM
You could also do a 5 wrench rating on how hard the accessories are to install. 1 being easy and 5 being difficult

Bweiner10
10-13-2015, 02:20 PM
I like the idea. I would give the idea 4 wrenches. :shock:

ths61
10-13-2015, 02:28 PM
This idea was suggested earlier this year, but unfortunately got no traction. I think it would help newbies out and reduce the redundant questions.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6136-Fog-lights&highlight=spreadsheet

Heracleitus
10-14-2015, 03:19 PM
This idea was suggested earlier this year, but unfortunately got no traction. I think it would help newbies out and reduce the redundant questions.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6136-Fog-lights&highlight=spreadsheet

As a newbie (still prospective buyer) I second this! :)

opas ride
10-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Maybe, but some things in life one must figure out for themselves...I see nothing wrong with the idea, but I personally don't feel it is worth much to me....Regards and ride safe

F6B1911
10-15-2015, 05:40 AM
I see a very simple solution for a "Master List."
Another user on this forum has spent over $6,000.00 on his F6B. Add a trailer package to that and he has a HUGE investment.
If he posts his investment down to the exact amount ($6,288.36), he probably keeps good records.
All he needs to do is post a photocopy of al of his receipts and you'll probably have the most comprehensive list available.
To make it simple, all we need from him is the following:
1) Manufacturer Part Number
2) Item Description
3) PIC of the item installed on a F6B

(From another post)
.....Well your just a pup.... when you pass $6,288.36, ( to date ) let me know... this does not include a trailer or anything trailer, or tires or maintenance I preform.... I may have to die with this bike to use all the money invested .....

shooter
10-15-2015, 06:43 AM
Hey , don't make fun of him. I'm probably not that far from him. The custom wheels was a big lick. It kinda sneaks up on you.

ths61
10-15-2015, 12:28 PM
Chromoholics don't realize how much aggregated $$$ they spend to satiate their addictions. :shock:

F6B1911
10-15-2015, 06:18 PM
Hey , don't make fun of him. I'm probably not that far from him. The custom wheels was a big lick. It kinda sneaks up on you.

No, not making fun at all, just suggesting that would be an excellent start for a "Master List."