PDA

View Full Version : Standard Goldwing windshield on my F6

Wing'n it
10-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Friend of mine gave me a standard wing windshield to try on my F6. I liked the fact that it's wider than the tall F6 Honda shield but was not sure it was going to work since the wing shield is adjustable. I compared the tall Honda shield against the wing shield and even though the holes match up there is no way it would mount up and stay in place, slotted holes are way too big. Since I have nothing in it I decided to cut it down, I matched up the vent holes and marked the bottom and the mounting holes and cut it off. I drilled the center hole but had to mount it to find the exact location of the outer holes, marked and drilled them and it's a perfect fit and works way better than the tall F6 shield plus I think it looks better and it gives better wind protection, think I'll run this till my new Madstad arrives.

CopperMike
10-15-2015, 07:10 AM
Looks good! How much did it improve wind noise/stereo volume?

jm21ddd15
10-15-2015, 07:50 AM
Looks great! Still think you need the Madstad?

jaygollner
10-15-2015, 09:51 AM
It looks good, what is the dimension from the top of the windshield down to the black weatherstrip?

Wing'n it
10-15-2015, 11:41 AM
Looks good! How much did it improve wind noise/stereo volume?

I never rode with anything less then the "tall" Honda shield and this is a little better than it because of the width I bet.

Looks great! Still think you need the Madstad?

Well I never tried a Madstad so I don't know but I still have one on order and we'll find out when it gets here.

It looks good, what is the dimension from the top of the windshield down to the black weatherstrip?

I cut it exactly the same as the Honda "tall" shield which I think it 17 inches.

THEWING
03-28-2016, 09:42 AM
I have a 2012 left from my full wing I need to make this work this 11" Baggershield is not enough for me!!! Please Help I need pics & details!!!

opas ride
03-28-2016, 10:51 AM
I have a 2012 left from my full wing I need to make this work this 11" Baggershield is not enough for me!!! Please Help I need pics & details!!!

Curious as to why the Baggershield does not work for you?..I have the adjustable "11-19" shield set up to the top and I get a nice quiet and turbulence free ride with minimum wind noise...Are you really tall?..I am 5'9" and very comfortable with the Baggershield...JMHO

THEWING
03-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Curious as to why the Baggershield does not work for you?..I have the adjustable "11-19" shield set up to the top and I get a nice quiet and turbulence free ride with minimum wind noise...Are you really tall?..I am 5'9" and very comfortable with the Baggershield...JMHO

Because I was trying to save a nickel and I didn't get the adjustable one, just have the bottom half of yours. I'm 6' tall.

Thanks for the reply

blueverclear
03-29-2016, 04:38 PM
Friend of mine gave me a standard wing windshield to try on my F6. I liked the fact that it's wider than the tall F6 Honda shield but was not sure it was going to work since the wing shield is adjustable. I compared the tall Honda shield against the wing shield and even though the holes match up there is no way it would mount up and stay in place, slotted holes are way too big. Since I have nothing in it I decided to cut it down, I matched up the vent holes and marked the bottom and the mounting holes and cut it off. I drilled the center hole but had to mount it to find the exact location of the outer holes, marked and drilled them and it's a perfect fit and works way better than the tall F6 shield plus I think it looks better and it gives better wind protection, think I'll run this till my new Madstad arrives.

i have a standard honda wing windshield also. I actually adjusted mine up a bit and redrilled the holes. Mine is lightly smoked but doesnt have a vent. Does anyone know if i could just cut out for the vent and add it to my windshield? Correct me if im wrong but ive heard that having the vent open at the first position creates a wind buffer becasuse you are forcing the air up and over your head. Thanks

Grant

Brewdog
04-01-2016, 05:22 AM
Wingnit,
Nice work on the conversion and fitment ! If it works for you, I wouldn't replace it. :yes: