PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Show Chrome TPMS system

Wing'n it
10-23-2015, 07:49 PM
I purchased a Tiregard TPMS system for my F6 and i'm having an issue with it. The front wheel sensor seems to be not updating with the display unit in a weird way. I got the system installed and noticed right away that as soon as I screwed the sensors on they displayed the tire pressure, all good 38 front 41 rear. well I went on a ride last Saturday and noticed that as the rear tire got warmer it increased in pressure by about 4 pounds but the front was going down and the temp was not going up. I got to the Honda dealer and asked them to check the front tire because the Tiregard was now alarming and flashing "low TP front" they removed the sensor and checked the pressure and it was 43 psi. The tech screwed the sensor back on and it read 43 psi?? He thought maybe it was loose, but the tire was not low...weird? I started home and noticed that the tire was loosing pressure again so after about 50 miles or so it was down to 39 psi so I stopped and removed it and put it back on and the pressure was back up to 44 psi?? By the time I got home the pressure was back down again. Today I rode again and these exact results keep repeating. Anybody ever see this? I bet the front sensor is wigging out. Suppose to call Big Bike parts on Monday.

MisterB
10-23-2015, 10:05 PM
Maybe switch front and back and see if it still acts the same on the rear. If so then you know it's the sensor. If not then the receiver?

JackB
10-25-2015, 07:41 PM
I bought a TPMS from a friend who used it very little. It would read front 38 and rear 42 it was frozen I called Show Chrome and they told me it can't be fixed. He is still my friend he gave me my money back. So I have a broken one for sale with a coustom mount.

Texas TC
10-25-2015, 08:15 PM
I tried using an aftermarket TPMS on my motor home and finally just took it off. False readings, no signal, erroneous warnings. Dang thang drove me crazy until I abandoned it. At least the motorcycle has only two sensors to drive you crazy, try 6 on a diesel pusher.17429

Fla_rider
10-26-2015, 06:45 AM
I agree with flipping the sensors to see if this problem moves to the rear tire. If it does its the sensor, if it remains on the front it's the unit. I use FOBO and I have not had any issues with it yet. Mostly, I use it to spot check the tires and don't use the app. while I'm driving. Worth the $100

Wing'n it
10-29-2015, 05:23 PM
I flipped the sensors and the problem moved to the rear, will not update the temp or pressure until it's removed and reinstalled. Calling them back tomorrow..........