PDA

View Full Version : Pulsing with cooling fan

Bweiner10
10-24-2015, 07:23 PM
Hey all. Curious if you all feel and can hear a "pulsing" when the cooling fan kicks on? This has happened since I have had the bike and I have a little over 700 miles on her. Only happens when she is warm (hence the fan kicking on). Thanks in advance!

shooter
10-24-2015, 07:33 PM
The fans don't necessarily stay on for very long. They will cycle on , off , on , off. That's probably what you are hearing or feeling. When the fans kick on it us s huge electrical demand on the system and will pull the motor down in rpms also.

valkmc
10-24-2015, 08:49 PM
Hey all. Curious if you all feel and can hear a "pulsing" when the cooling fan kicks on? This has happened since I have had the bike and I have a little over 700 miles on her. Only happens when she is warm (hence the fan kicking on). Thanks in advance!

Yep I feel it, felt it on my 12 Wing also. It's normal as far as I know.

Travelor
10-25-2015, 06:48 AM

What you are hearing is called "Beat Frequency Oscillation" - it occurs when the sound pulses produced from two objects (such as fans, motors, propellers, etc) are out of sync. When the pulses occur at the same time, the sound is louder than when the pulses are at different times. There are two fans on the F6B, hence the "pulsing" sound as the slightly different freqency sound waves from the two fans interact with each other.

Hdnvn
10-25-2015, 07:08 AM
What you are hearing is called "Beat Frequency Oscillation" - it occurs when the sound pulses produced from two objects (such as fans, motors, propellers, etc) are out of sync. When the pulses occur at the same time, the sound is louder than when the pulses are at different times. There are two fans on the F6B, hence the "pulsing" sound as the slightly different freqency sound waves from the two fans interact with each other.

Doctor....

Bweiner10
10-26-2015, 02:27 PM
Cool. Thanks for the explanation!