As a brief reminder for those who forgot or for many that didn't know
Here is what happened, quietly, on January 1, 2015:

Medicare tax went from 1.45% to 2.35%

Top Income tax bracket went from 35% to 39.6%

Top Income payroll tax went from 37.4% to 52.2%

Capital Gains tax went from 15% to 28%

Dividend tax went from 15% to 39.6%

Estate tax went from 0% to 55%

A 3.5% Real Estate transaction tax was added.

Remember these facts:

These taxes were all passed solely with Democrat votes.
Not a single Republican voted for these new taxes.

These taxes were all passed in the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.

MisterB
10-25-2015, 12:31 AM
Don't buy it, they're all crooks, R or D.

The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 passed Congress by a margin of 89-8 in the Senate with 40 Republican votes in favor, and a margin of 257-167 in the House with 85 Republican votes in favor. (The original claim undoubtedly refers to the House or Representatives' voting in 2010 to pass the health-care reform bill without a single Republican vote in favor, but that association is moot because, as noted, the tax increases listed above had nothing to do with that bill.)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/whathappened.asp

valkmc
10-25-2015, 05:17 AM
Don't buy it, they're all crooks, R or D.

The American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 passed Congress by a margin of 89-8 in the Senate with 40 Republican votes in favor, and a margin of 257-167 in the House with 85 Republican votes in favor. (The original claim undoubtedly refers to the House or Representatives' voting in 2010 to pass the health-care reform bill without a single Republican vote in favor, but that association is moot because, as noted, the tax increases listed above had nothing to do with that bill.)

http://www.snopes.com/politics/taxes/whathappened.asp

Two things I have learned about politicians:
1) They are good at hiding what they do!
2) They are really good at misleading citizens!

As with most things that take place in Washington a person has to dig deep to find out what is really going on. That's a problem for us as voters. I do not trust any of them and do not care if they call themselves one thing or another. To me they are all pretty much the same!

seadog
10-25-2015, 06:26 AM
His mouth is moving, If you look at the criminal record for our House and Senate people you would be amazed. These people should be in jail not running the greatest county in the world. But trying to get them to do the right thing for the citizens of this country is like:icon_deadhorse:

Vondawg
10-25-2015, 06:56 AM
The very reasons for someone "outside" beltway and all the usual politics.

stroguy
10-25-2015, 07:07 AM
And let the magic show with the clintoons begin. We're fixin to find out why they needed all that money. Money shuts mouths and makes whores of the best of men.

valkmc
10-25-2015, 08:14 AM
And let the magic show with the clintoons begin. We're fixin to find out why they needed all that money. Money shuts mouths and makes whores of the best of men.
Extremely true!!

dickiedeals
10-25-2015, 08:40 AM
As a brief reminder for those who forgot or for many that didn't know
Here is what happened, quietly, on January 1, 2015:

Medicare tax went from 1.45% to 2.35%

Top Income tax bracket went from 35% to 39.6%

Top Income payroll tax went from 37.4% to 52.2%

Capital Gains tax went from 15% to 28%

Dividend tax went from 15% to 39.6%

Estate tax went from 0% to 55%

A 3.5% Real Estate transaction tax was added.

Remember these facts:

These taxes were all passed solely with Democrat votes.
Not a single Republican voted for these new taxes.

These taxes were all passed in the Affordable Care Act, aka Obamacare.
LOL:stirthepot:

Miks
10-25-2015, 12:21 PM
I think my title says it all! Funny how they package things to make you believe this is a good deal, when reality any government agency will make it more expensive, less responsive, and absolutely frustrating to get results.

Bob Penn
10-26-2015, 02:15 PM
How many of you know who your congressmen and senators are??? Look them up and make a list.
Come election time compare the list and vote for anyone not on it, regardless of party affiliation.
It will take the new comers at least 3 years to learn how to steal (you know they're not that bright) by then their term is almost up and now their names on the list
Far too many people are stupid enough to vote along party lines!!!!

shooter
10-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Far too many people are stupid enough to vote along party lines!!!!

Ya think!!!

BIGLRY
10-27-2015, 12:55 AM
Far too many people are stupid enough to vote along party lines!!!!Yea and they have a name for them....Straight-ticket voters and all political parties depend on them. I conceder them uneducated, ill-informed, ignorant, slack jawed yokels who really don't have a clue and probably need to revaluate their reason for even voting. :shock:
While voting is a right, Straight-ticket voters are only showing their ignorance of the real issues at hand and just maybe should not vote at all.:icon_doh:
"The term implies that the decision is irrelevant to the merits of the issue at hand or the political beliefs of individual members, but instead is dictated by party policy."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight-ticket_voting
http://moonbattery.com/graphics/quote-in-politics-nothing-happens-by-accident-if-it-happens-you-can-bet-it-was-planned-that-way-franklin-d-roosevelt.jpg

shooter
10-27-2015, 12:56 PM
Yea and they have a name for them....Straight-ticket voters and all political parties depend on them. I conceder them uneducated, ill-informed, ignorant, slack jawed yokels who really don't have a clue and probably need to revaluate their reason for even voting. :shock:
While voting is a right, Straight-ticket voters are only showing their ignorance of the real issues at hand and just maybe should not vote at all.:icon_doh:
"The term implies that the decision is irrelevant to the merits of the issue at hand or the political beliefs of individual members, but instead is dictated by party policy."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight-ticket_voting
http://moonbattery.com/graphics/quote-in-politics-nothing-happens-by-accident-if-it-happens-you-can-bet-it-was-planned-that-way-franklin-d-roosevelt.jpg

Larry , you're just too nice. I wish you would cut loose and tell us how you really feel. I know you're holding back on me.:biggthumpup:

BIGLRY
10-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Larry , you're just too nice. I wish you would cut loose and tell us how you really feel. I know you're holding back on me.:biggthumpup: :lolup: Yea, I tend to hold myself in great reserve when thinking about how and why some lame brained idiots vote. Now when I really care about something like my dinner being late or finding out that the 28 year old buxom blonde lady next door has started pulling down her shades after getting out of the shower I tend to be more vocal.:yikes:

ths61
10-27-2015, 03:57 PM
:lolup: Yea, I tend to hold myself in great reserve when thinking about how and why some lame brained idiots vote. Now when I really care about something like my dinner being late or finding out that the 28 year old buxom blonde lady next door has started pulling down her shades after getting out of the shower I tend to be more vocal.:yikes:

Count your blessings, it could be worse (drawing the shades before the shower that is). :icon_lol:

shooter
10-27-2015, 05:44 PM
:lolup: Yea, I tend to hold myself in great reserve when thinking about how and why some lame brained idiots vote. Now when I really care about something like my dinner being late or finding out that the 28 year old buxom blonde lady next door has started pulling down her shades after getting out of the shower I tend to be more vocal.:yikes:

I can't believe that!!! Why is she pulling the shades!!! WOMEN!!!!!

Miks
12-04-2015, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the breakdown of the tax increases for "affordable healthcare" - what a play on words!!!!

I ran into someone the other day at the airport, and we started talking about aircraft operating costs, etc. The subject came up - with such cheap gas for cars, why isn't this economy going like crazy? We should have more disposable income, but the economy is not moving at all. The answer was because of the increased cost of "AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE" has this guy paying $400 more per month for his health care.

AND that my friends, is a very strong reason why the economy just can't get growing again!

Hornblower
12-05-2015, 10:09 AM
Affordable Care Act...REALLY? As a few know, I've been facing a few health concerns lately (not uncommon for 70 year olds) so I decided I better get a full physical exam. My doctor informed me that regular physicals are no longer covered by Medicare. According to him, Medicare no longer covers preventative health care. So, if I want to have tests done to check for prostate or colon cancer, for example, I have to pay for those myself. Obviously, the AFC has only one way to control costs and that is to deny claims. And further, keeping older folks around for more years is cost prohibitive to this plan design. Some people need to quit playing politics and wake up :banghead:.

Steve 0080
12-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Yup...folks should check their current programs... you will be shocked !!!!!!

For major illness it should be OK... for regular check-ups you will be paying this out of pocket !!!!

No we are forced to schedule tests and maybe wait until next year so we can have more tests done and save on the deductible .....only in America !

opas ride
12-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Affordable Care Act...REALLY? As a few know, I've been facing a few health concerns lately (not uncommon for 70 year olds) so I decided I better get a full physical exam. My doctor informed me that regular physicals are no longer covered by Medicare. According to him, Medicare no longer covers preventative health care. So, if I want to have tests done to check for prostate or colon cancer, for example, I have to pay for those myself. Obviously, the AFC has only one way to control costs and that is to deny claims. And further, keeping older folks around for more years is cost prohibitive to this plan design. Some people need to quit playing politics and wake up :banghead:.

I am almost 76 and in pretty decent health thank the good Lord...But, you are right on with the Medicare thing..."IT JUST PLAIN SUCKS"..Turned me down for a Dr. ordered MRI on my knee telling me that basically I was "too old" unless I could not walk!!!...BS. I have an additional supplemental policy from a Michigan provider for both me and my wife which helps, but it costs over $300 a month and I still pay "huge" out-of-pocket" costs for prescription drugs, Dr. visits, etc. etc.....If your a senior citizen in this country your just plain "screwed" when it comes to affordable health care!!!!!....