PDA

View Full Version : Cold Ass Ride

ReserveBum
10-25-2015, 09:35 AM
Legion Riders Run yesterday. Beautiful, clear, crisp morning. Started out at 37 degrees and we went into the Catskills so did not get much warmer. When I pulled back into the casa later in the afternoon it had warmed up to a balmy 44. Heated grips had a hard time keeping up especially on the super slab. Just added heated gloves to my wish list. Still a great ride....beautiful colors.
OK FL guys, lets hear it.....

dickiedeals
10-25-2015, 10:10 AM
Legion Riders Run yesterday. Beautiful, clear, crisp morning. Started out at 37 degrees and we went into the Catskills so did not get much warmer. When I pulled back into the casa later in the afternoon it had warmed up to a balmy 44. Heated grips had a hard time keeping up especially on the super slab. Just added heated gloves to my wish list. Still a great ride....beautiful colors.

My hats off to you. I usually don't ride when its below 40 unless its a necessity, has to be something special. This Florida boy gets cold to the bone easy...The heated TourMaster comes out at 50..........Funny thing is when I moved to Florida in 1979 I rode year round for two years in a tee shirt and long sleeve shirt at night not feeling cold when everyone else were wearing leathers. Before moving to Florida I'd ridden daily with it in the low teens.............Dickie

Jimmytee
10-25-2015, 10:36 AM
Was out in the Smokes last weekend and up on the Cherohala it was in the 20s . Stayed warm though, have full electric gear down to my toes. Best Christmas gift I think I ever got. :icon_biggrin:

willtill
10-25-2015, 12:06 PM
Gerbings jacket liner = Warm blanket fresh out of the dryer; wrapped around you. :icon_cool:

ReserveBum
10-25-2015, 02:54 PM
Core was actually warm.....Have a nice leather jacket and layered with a Klim base layer under. Have a battery heated vest but did not need it. Only thing cold was the hands

Jimmytee
10-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Core was actually warm.....Have a nice leather jacket and layered with a Klim base layer under. Have a battery heated vest but did not need it. Only thing cold was the hands

That's the nice thing about he electric gear and a dual controller. One piece plugs into another like the electric gloves plugging into plugs at the end of each arm on a jacket liner. Then you can turn it up as much or as little as you need. Same goes for pants and electric socks, hence the dual controller makes it nice to separate the upper body and lower body with your adjustments. Once you've tried them ,there's no going back.:icon_wink:

Kdarmy
10-25-2015, 04:21 PM

5:30am, weather was brisk...I went back in to change out to a heavier t-shirt...better! :icon_biggrin:

Florida is one hot, buggy place most of the year, but I do love being able to ride year round...with the winter months being some of the best!:icon_mrgreen:

DMAGOLDRDR
10-26-2015, 07:31 AM
The Baker Wings did a nice job along with the Heated Grips, I had my Heated Gloves in the Saddle Bag just in case on my way up the Taconic yesterday but didn't have to use them.

I don't know if you have the Baker Wings under the Mirrors, but they sure do help.

GaTeach
10-27-2015, 11:29 AM
Gerbings jacket liner = Warm blanket fresh out of the dryer; wrapped around you. :icon_cool:

YES!!!!!

RickJ
10-27-2015, 11:43 AM

Chatham...Cooperstown here...maybe there are enough of us upstaters for a GTG this SPRING (when it's in the upper 40's). I think there's a Schenectady and a Utica area on this forum.

ReserveBum
10-27-2015, 06:55 PM
Chatham...Cooperstown here...maybe there are enough of us upstaters for a GTG this SPRING (when it's in the upper 40's). I think there's a Schenectady and a Utica area on this forum.

Definitely...lets do that.