PDA

View Full Version : Do dealers really want to sale Motorcycles?

BradS
10-27-2015, 10:18 PM
I have made the decision to buy a F6B. I am going to purchase the 2016 white. I started calling around to find out when they would be available to purchase. I called a dealer near Austin, Tx. The sales man told me he could have one on the floor in 5 days...Hmmmm this guy is good!!! the 3 other dealers told me I could put a deposit down and they may get one between now and January 1.
You would think Honda would give dealers a concrete date as to when these bikes are available. I started looking at the H.D. Street Glide tonight, but I think I will hold out and see what happens mid November.
Or I could pay MSRP for a2015 and have it painted. That's the option one of the Austin, Tx dealers suggested. Just don't see that happening!!!!!

chipmaker
10-27-2015, 10:26 PM
Maybe they still have unsold 13's and don't want to be stuck with another one??? Many people here have reported dealers not stocking F6Bs.

Phantom
10-27-2015, 10:45 PM
There is a recall in place that effects ALL GL1800's including the new units that have already been built for the next model year. Honda is replacing the parts on the new bikes, be patient. It's worth the wait :icon_cool::yes:

BigAl1952
10-28-2015, 01:54 AM
A street glide would be a down grade from an F6B in my opinion. I would wait for the white F6B. Like others have said it would be worth it. Al

Random one
10-28-2015, 07:55 AM
Horse Power? Reliability? Reasonable Price? Comfort? I personally would rather ride a Honda. Plus the after market goodies don't cost a small fortune.
One reason I lean heavily towards Honda is because the wife recently traded a 2000 Honda Civic with over 235,000 miles and there was no major problems or issues. Just normal wear and tear and changed the engine belts as needed and ran full synthetic engine oil from day one. Engine did not blow any smoke out of the exhaust, ever.

willtill
10-28-2015, 07:59 AM
This why I went back to a Honda motorcycle as well. Economical and reliable. A Harley Street Glide or a Road Glide is a step into the other direction.

I was seriously contemplating one of those Harley's... when I was getting ready to rid myself of my Vision and say goodbye fondly; to my Triumph Rocket. It only took me half a day of research on the Internet... to completely disavow any thought of ever owning one of those Glides.... :nono:

opas ride
10-28-2015, 10:08 AM
As said above, it will be worth the wait...I also went from a Victory Vision to the F6B..I test rode the Street Glide and really liked it until I rode the F6B...A step in the right direction is the Honda.....All around a better bike for the money period!!!..The 2016 white color is nice and I think you will be very happy once the dealers get the brake recall sorted out.....

willtill
10-28-2015, 10:57 AM
If they had White and Black F6B's in 2015... I DEFINITELY would have got that one... instead of my current.

I'd install a set of Headlight Modulators; and spell:

.........Be
POLITE

...on the center fairing below the windshield; and wear a white helmet with a black visor... :icon_mrgreen:

All perfectly legal. And it would help gain some respect out there from the motorcycle hating pubics :icon_lol:

2015F6B
10-28-2015, 12:51 PM
If they had White and Black F6B's in 2015... I DEFINITELY would have got that one... instead of my current.

I'd install a set of Headlight Modulators; and spell:

.........Be
POLITE

...on the center fairing below the windshield; and wear a white helmet with a black visor... :icon_mrgreen:

All perfectly legal. And it would help gain some respect out there from the motorcycle hating pubics :icon_lol:

This is a true story, believe it or not:

I have a personal friend who owned a big BMW touring machine and did exactly that. Got pulled over by a local LEO and ticketed for impersonating a police officer. He was detained on the side of the road until another car showed up to photograph his bike. They eventually let him go with his promise to take the lettering off of his fairing. True story.

Heracleitus
10-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Maybe they still have unsold 13's and don't want to be stuck with another one??? Many people here have reported dealers not stocking F6Bs.

That's exactly what is going on with Eddie Hills Funcycles in Wichita Falls, TX. They have sold exactly ONE F6B since they came out. They don't stock them now, but will order one in for you if you request one.

They do have a red one triked out on the floor for $30k, though.

willtill
10-28-2015, 02:24 PM
This is a true story, believe it or not:

I have a personal friend who owned a big BMW touring machine and did exactly that. Got pulled over by a local LEO and ticketed for impersonating a police officer. He was detained on the side of the road until another car showed up to photograph his bike. They eventually let him go with his promise to take the lettering off of his fairing. True story.

I would've fought that. Tooth and nail. For a judge to decide. Not the cops. All it is is a message to be polite.

People think I'm a cop a lot just because of my modulating headlights and white helmet. However I do not have modulating Red and Blue lights... so it's funny as hell; when sometimes they will pull over to let me pass. Sometimes they even pull over to the side of the road; and I just smile at them when I go by... :icon_mrgreen:

Works for me :yes: I'm getting seen. :icon_cool: And I'm getting clear road ahead sometimes. :icon_cool: It's legal as hell; in all 50 states. :icon_cool: And I will exploit it as much as possible. :icon_lol:

On edit: Since I have been running modulating headlights; for almost 10 years now on my bikes (past and present) I have only been pulled over twice for it. Once by a Maryland State Trooper; whom went back to his car to call HQ about them; and then returned and told me to have a nice day.

The second time was a county cop; whom gave me a rash of shit :nono: and a ticket; even when I showed him the Federal statute I carried; allowing such devices on Motorcycles. A trip later that night to the Howard County police department and a grievance filed against that cop via Internal Affairs there; brought phone calls to me that next morning with apologies from that cop's supervisor (a LT) and voiding the ticket; as well as a promise to update all Howard County cops with the legality of Headlight Modulators on motorcycles. :shhh:

Now is that cool or what? :icon_cool:

ths61
10-28-2015, 03:49 PM
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/be-polite-says-us-biker/8154.html

http://www.visordown.com/uploads/images/Medium/2223.jpg

http://rs27.pbsrc.com/albums/c172/padbeat/Bike%20Project/BikeFrame012.jpg~c200

2015F6B
10-28-2015, 03:50 PM
That's exactly what is going on with Eddie Hills Funcycles in Wichita Falls, TX. They have sold exactly ONE F6B since they came out. They don't stock them now, but will order one in for you if you request one.

They do have a red one triked out on the floor for $30k, though.

What am I missing here? Why wouldn't Honda dealers want to keep F6B's in stock? I don't know if they're classified as "good sellers" or "slow sellers" or whatever, but when I bought mine it was the second one my dealer had sold that week, both 2015 models. I would think that all Honda Powersports dealers would be obligated to stock all of the company products and couldn't just pick and choose what they wanted to keep on hand.

opas ride
10-28-2015, 04:19 PM
I am not sure exactly how it works from Mother Honda on what dealers are allowed to do or not to do...But, my dealer in Michigan is one of the larger Honda only dealers in the area and sells lots of product...But, after only moving 3 or so 2013 F6B's, including mine, in over a year and a half, they did not order/stock any 2104 models and only had 1 Valkyrie...Their only 2015 F6B and 1 only 2014 Valkyrie was still sitting on the floor as of a couple weeks ago....Sales guy says they just don't move them easily....Go figure!!!

Phantom
10-28-2015, 04:25 PM
I would think that all Honda Powersports dealers would be obligated to stock all of the company products and couldn't just pick and choose what they wanted to keep on hand.

:nono:

NOPE !!! Dealerships are franchises...
Need to stock what sells in their region. The F6B is hot in some parts of the country and not so hot in others.
Honda produces Snow Blowers, no dealer in Florida could sell one if they tried. Honda dealerships in Florida sell many generators during Hurricane season, not sure if Honda dealerships up North are required to carry generators.
Yamaha produces wave runners and sell many here in Florida, I don't think many are sold in Oklahoma, however their Snowmobiles may sell very well in Oklahoma .... I doubt that you'll see a snowmobile in Florida. etc, etc, etc

If it were me and i had items that didn't sell then I wouldn't stock it. The real estate is to valuable to be nothing more then window dressing, that floor has to generate sales.

Just my 2 cents :icon_wink:

willtill
10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/be-polite-says-us-biker/8154.html

http://www.visordown.com/uploads/images/Medium/2223.jpg

http://rs27.pbsrc.com/albums/c172/padbeat/Bike%20Project/BikeFrame012.jpg~c200

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

opas ride
10-28-2015, 07:36 PM

Need to stock what sells in their region. The F6B is hot in some parts of the country and not so hot in others.
Honda produces Snow Blowers, no dealer in Florida could sell one if they tried. Honda dealerships in Florida sell many generators during Hurricane season, not sure if Honda dealerships up North are required to carry generators.
Yamaha produces wave runners and sell many here in Florida, I don't think many are sold in Oklahoma, however their Snowmobiles may sell very well in Oklahoma .... I doubt that you'll see a snowmobile in Florida. etc, etc, etc

If it were me and i had items that didn't sell then I wouldn't stock it. The real estate is to valuable to be nothing more then window dressing, that floor has to generate sales.

I totally agree and the dealer I was referring to in Michigan sells more GW trikes and other trikes than many others...His showroom is now full of ATV's and other winter related gear as that is what sells extremely well in his area...Lots of generators, snow blowers, and snow mobiles...Dirt bikes and a lot of off road stuff moves very well in Central and Northern Michigan this time of year.....

okf6b
10-28-2015, 10:42 PM

Just to set the Oklahoma record straight.... Oklahoma has around 200 lakes with over 1 million surface acres of water. Personal water crafts are a big seller around here. Snowmobiles not so much. :stirthepot:

Jimmytee
10-29-2015, 01:42 AM
My dealer has sold a lot of F6Bs. They have all been 13s.:icon_lol: Mine was the first a year ago in July. He had been waiting on a 14 he had on order, when I called him asking what kind of deal I could get. I explained what others were quoting me for what I wanted. Since then, he cancelled the 14 and has been bringing in 13s left over ever since. I don't think he's kept one more than 2 to 3 weeks before he sells it. I'm sure he eventually has to run out of them, the 13s that is. He is literally not 2 miles from my house, so I am in there fairly frequently just to chat. I stopped in there yesterday to see about being first dibs on getting the recall taken care of. The parts guy said Honda hadn't shipped the kit.That's how Honda is providing the parts through a kit with everything including the new fluid. The parts guy checked and said even tough they haven't shipped the "Kit" yet, it looked like he could force the shipment and would let me know. I told him to "use the force Luke" :icon_biggrin:

SimonTemplar
10-29-2015, 02:30 AM
The local dealer (Honda WS, WinstonSalem NC) has five or six F6B's of various versions and vintages on the floor.

I've been shopping F6's for quite awhile. Two days ago, the wife and I went back to nail down price and related logistics and, finally, they got around to admitting the recall. Told me they couldn't sell till it was resolved. This from a dealer who has been hot to sell for the past several weeks. In past visits I'd given them five different opportunities to mention the recall which they dodged and instead acted keen to deal.

Didn't want to tell me (actually...they flat out dodged the question) what the recall was for and I didn't admit that I already knew (...it can be beneficial sometimes to let a dealer think you're buying their Line-O-Crap). And, when they were asked when they're going to be able to sell it, told me 'end of the week'. After this, they didn't even suggest working out paperwork and financial issues in the interim. Just 'sorry..can't sell it to you. We'll call you. Have a nice day!'.

(NOTE: This was a bare three sentences after they had just told me they would've telephoned to tell me about the recall but had lost my number. So....You do the math.)

Leads me to think that what 'End of the week' actually means is 'Thanksgiving, maybe....we really don't want to bother with it (or you)'. Bottom line: I'm not planning to be going back in there at any point in the future.

Of course, I'll admit that I told them four visits ago exactly what price we were willing to pay and that a dollar over that price would send us out the door and up the street. Most dealers get peeved and balk at that...but I refuse to play the usual games on that matter. Either they want to sell or they don't...the matter is in their hands.

So, no.....all-in-all I don't think that this dealer really wants to make a sale. Other dealer's, I can't say. But Honda WS is just plain too busy playing games and dodging simple questions to be bothered with actually getting any business transacted.

.....sT

Old Ryder
10-29-2015, 08:18 AM
The local dealer (Honda WS, WinstonSalem NC) has five or six F6B's of various versions and vintages on the floor.

I've been shopping F6's for quite awhile. Two days ago, the wife and I went back to nail down price and related logistics and, finally, they got around to admitting the recall. Told me they couldn't sell till it was resolved. This from a dealer who has been hot to sell for the past several weeks. In past visits I'd given them five different opportunities to mention the recall which they dodged and instead acted keen to deal.

Didn't want to tell me (actually...they flat out dodged the question) what the recall was for and I didn't admit that I already knew (...it can be beneficial sometimes to let a dealer think you're buying their Line-O-Crap). And, when they were asked when they're going to be able to sell it, told me 'end of the week'. After this, they didn't even suggest working out paperwork and financial issues in the interim. Just 'sorry..can't sell it to you. We'll call you. Have a nice day!'.

(NOTE: This was a bare three sentences after they had just told me they would've telephoned to tell me about the recall but had lost my number. So....You do the math.)

Leads me to think that what 'End of the week' actually means is 'Thanksgiving, maybe....we really don't want to bother with it (or you)'. Bottom line: I'm not planning to be going back in there at any point in the future.

Of course, I'll admit that I told them four visits ago exactly what price we were willing to pay and that a dollar over that price would send us out the door and up the street. Most dealers get peeved and balk at that...but I refuse to play the usual games on that matter. Either they want to sell or they don't...the matter is in their hands.

So, no.....all-in-all I don't think that this dealer really wants to make a sale. Other dealer's, I can't say. But Honda WS is just plain too busy playing games and dodging simple questions to be bothered with actually getting any business transacted.

.....sT

The dealer in Mathews and Rockingham may be worth a call.

Madmax
10-29-2015, 01:04 PM
Whats the price incrrease for a 2016 , I think 2% , I still see dealers sitting on 2013 and they ask 17k ... LOL not sure what they are thinking or smokeing :banghead:
I would like to see reverse on the 2016 but don't think mother Honda is listening .

opas ride
10-29-2015, 01:27 PM
Whats the price incrrease for a 2016 , I think 2% , I still see dealers sitting on 2013 and they ask 17k ... LOL not sure what they are thinking or smokeing :banghead:
I would like to see reverse on the 2016 but don't think mother Honda is listening .
Why would Honda consider a reverse on the 2016 when it is really not needed for most...No other bike company that makes heavy touring type bikes offer it....Goldwing is the only one I know of....JMHO

Vondawg
10-29-2015, 02:32 PM
Why would Honda consider a reverse on the 2016 when it is really not needed for most...No other bike company that makes heavy touring type bikes offer it....Goldwing is the only one I know of....JMHO

I must agree well said.

SimonTemplar
10-29-2015, 04:25 PM
Personally, Reverse doesn't have any value to me one way or the other. I can think of barely one or two typical instances where I would use it. But, it would not stop me from buying a bike which had it. It's a plus to many...but a minus to almost nobody.

That said, Honda would be smart to do it. Not only would it be a good advertising feature...but Honda would be spared the (not inconsiderable) expense of manufacture, warehousing, production line variance, and other miscellaneous logistics involved in having two different gearboxes. One shared item for both lines.

....sT

slather1
10-29-2015, 09:59 PM
No ABS in USA they will not offer reverse.