PDA

View Full Version : Whistling noise

Heavvyduty
10-28-2015, 07:10 AM
Checked out the search, but found nothing on this. Been hearing a whistling noise from the front of bike.Found it, Both the break an clutch handles have small holes under the balled ends. Wind hits mine just rite an whistle like crazy. Anyone else have this happen. Fixed it with a little clear silicone.

Travelor
10-28-2015, 07:38 AM
This info will save somebody a lot of frustration!

willtill
10-28-2015, 08:02 AM
Checked out the search, but found nothing on this. Been hearing a whistling noise from the front of bike.Found it, Both the break an clutch handles have small holes under the balled ends. Wind hits mine just rite an whistle like crazy. Anyone else have this happen. Fixed it with a little clear silicone.

Those are your built in deer whistles... ya just disabled 'em :icon_mrgreen:

Bob Penn
10-28-2015, 09:46 AM
Just wondering can you dance to the tune while riding??:icon_lol:

DMAGOLDRDR
10-28-2015, 10:55 AM

Only whistle I get is from my Madstad windshield. Depending on height, angle and speed. A few others had the same issue,,,,, now I wonder if the Madstad is directing air to the levers and it is not the shield itself...

Heavvyduty
10-28-2015, 04:24 PM
Those are your built in deer whistles... ya just disabled 'em :icon_mrgreen:

Dont care who you are THATS funny LOL

Brewdog
10-30-2015, 05:41 AM
Only whistle I get is from my Madstad windshield. Depending on height, angle and speed. A few others had the same issue,,,,, now I wonder if the Madstad is directing air to the levers and it is not the shield itself...

THAT IS FUNNY !!! I get that same whistling sound on mine. Since I don't have a Madstad, it has to be the levers. The sound does go away above 80 mph.

choptop
10-31-2015, 12:04 PM
My Madstad whistles at times to, at first I looked around to see who was whistling at me then realized I am an old white guy, silly me. lol