PDA

View Full Version : Quick Madstad installation Q

VStarRider
10-29-2015, 07:38 PM
I received my Madstad today, and installed it in the garage just a few minutes ago.

Where the windshield attaches to the RoboBracket tabs, my windshield is coming into contact with the bracket where it bends out to the tab. This is regardless of tilt position. Is this supposed to be the case? Did I something wrong? Please see pic.

Also, the Phillips head screws that attaches the shield to the brackets had the thick rubber washers on them in the bag of parts. So, I installed it that way (Phillips --> thick rubber washer --> thru shield into threaded tab.

ths61
10-29-2015, 07:52 PM
I can clean under the bend in mine with a thin cloth. The bend does not touch my shield.

VStarRider
10-29-2015, 07:56 PM
I can clean under the bend in mine with a thin cloth. The bend does not touch my shield.

Is your rubber washer between the shield and the tab? Or under the head of the screw?

ths61
10-29-2015, 08:05 PM
Is your rubber washer between the shield and the tab? Or under the head of the screw?

Phillips Head Screw, hard plastic washer, top clear shield, rubber bushing, metal-robo-bracket.

VStarRider
10-29-2015, 08:37 PM
Phillips Head Screw, hard plastic washer, top clear shield, rubber bushing, metal-robo-bracket.

Oooooohhhhh kay, that's what I screwed up. I had screw --> bushing --> shield. Thought that was not right. The diagram in the installation instructions is not clear. It shows the bushing (rubber washer in the manual) behind the windshield, but it would be more helpful to show it between the windshield and metal tab of the bracket. Made more sense when I took it apart. :icon_doh:

Thanks for the help - was a five minute fix. Appreciate it! :cheers:

I gotta tell Madstad that they need some pictures to go with the names of the screws, washers, etc. I did not know what a truss screw was, I thought those rubber washers (what they call them) were bushings, M6x16 screws…huh?…ugh. I am not much of a mechanic, but I figured it out.