PDA

View Full Version : Hello Dolly.....

SimonTemplar
11-01-2015, 02:36 AM
Well.....after doing battle for nearly a month with the local stealership over the purchase of an F6 and never getting anywhere, I finally broke down and waved them goodbye. Went a ways down the road and....(wait for it).........next week, I'm the proud new owner of a '15 Matte Silver Deluxe.
:banana:;sunny;:banana:

As my garage is already way too overcrowded, the first thing I need to pick up is a dolly of some species or other. The wife has grudgingly agreed to give up part of her side...but only as long as she can still get her Crossfire in.

I checked out past threads on the matter but found nothing conclusive. Who is using them? Which one are you using? How's it working out?

I've looked at several. The Park n Ride, the Harbor Freight (not terribly serious about this one), and the MotoMover (obscenely expensive but the best design I've yet found). The Park n Ride looks great....but they never tell you how you're going to get your bike back down off of it without sending the thing skittering across the floor (or drive...or yard...or...)

Advice?

....sT

F6B1911
11-01-2015, 03:05 AM
I used the Harbor Freight Haul Master Item# 95896, it works great for a BMW R, never had my F6B on it.
Just a note, it doesn't like the expansion joints on my garage floor, hopefully you only have cut lines.

seadog
11-01-2015, 08:13 AM
punch in TRACKMOTO, its a low profile yellow one that you just roll onto and put your kickstand down and roll the bike easily guiding it with the steering.
Also if you have a center stand check out the Park-n-move, which I think is the best of the bunch. You can just google that one.

buckeyeken47
11-01-2015, 11:21 AM
I purchased the OXBUILT dolly. I've had this for about 3 months and am very satisfied.
I spent quite a bit of time looking for the best one. The center stand models have problems getting the bike off. This product is very well built and will take the weight of the F6B. I have a one car garage and use the dolly to turn the bike around and to tuck it away when not in use.

http://www.oxbuilt.com/motorcycle-dollies.html

SimonTemplar
11-01-2015, 07:25 PM
I've looked at the TrackMoto's online. However, they're made in Brazil and I have yet to find a USA dealer/distributor.

OxBuilt's are interesting as well....but they are saying preorder for delivery in a month. Still...the best of what I've found that won't break the bank.

As for centre stand dollies...I'd be interested in the Park-N-Move (sold by WingStuff and a few others) if the casters locked. (Free-wheeling casters no doubt cause big troubles coming back off of the stand) Can't tell, but it doesn't appear that they lock, however. Anyone have one?

....sT

Ericb445
11-01-2015, 08:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyQkJF8dXg

Davidk
11-01-2015, 09:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgyQkJF8dXg

I really like this one since the front wheel is on the dolly as well. Does the F6B fit?

SimonTemplar
11-02-2015, 12:35 AM
A few drawbacks to the HarborFreight. I've found several places online where people claimed that the metal used wouldn't stand up to the rated weight. Second, that there ought to be casters in the centre of the main rail and those that are there failed after awhile. No idea how accurate any of this is. But I have to admit, they would probably handle concrete expansion joints better were the casters of a larger diameter. (Just hypothesizing based on the photos)

Also, note that there is a stop on one end of the main rail. Perhaps you can rider over top of it when you take the bike off of it....perhaps you can't. Don't know.

Anyone?

....sT

SimonTemplar
11-02-2015, 12:45 AM
This one looks interesting as well. However, the website is long on advertising and fairly short on pricing information. Never a good sign.....

https://youtu.be/x7qRUoByisA

....sT

BuzzzPhotos
11-02-2015, 12:18 PM
I received one as a Christmas gift from my wife last year. Needs about 3 inches to work with our long frames. I did get it on by taking out the safety pens & told her it was a wonderful gift. But, it's not long enough & bows with the weight. It's a nice ornament...

SimonTemplar
11-02-2015, 04:50 PM
I received one as a Christmas gift from my wife last year. Needs about 3 inches to work with our long frames. I did get it on by taking out the safety pens & told her it was a wonderful gift. But, it's not long enough & bows with the weight. It's a nice ornament...

Kinda suspected that would be the case with the H/F version. A pity.....the price is so right.

....sT

jlyon
11-02-2015, 05:40 PM
I used to use (with my other non-F6B'er bikes), a Pitbull lift...

It didn't fit the '6 very well...

I bought a J&S Jack with the Honda 1800 adapter...

P.E.R.F.EC.T. !!!!!

I move it around the garage very easily and with full confidence... and the unit comes with both the foot-pedal and the pneumatic lift so there's that...

Just my humble opinion...

Joe

SimonTemplar
11-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Joe....

Any troubles with getting the J&S properly situated under the frame without destroying anything? Do you use their GL1800 adapter?

..sT

SimonTemplar
11-03-2015, 12:31 AM
Aaack! Sorry about that...missed the part where you said you had the adapter. Still.. how much clearance does it afford away from the bottom when you have the lift in place?

I'm beginning to think this might be the best of the available options. Still a bit pricey...but....

....sT