PDA

View Full Version : Hit and run!

Fla_rider
11-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Got smacked on the right side of bike this morning, sob took off while I was looking for a place to park. Bent engine guard and snap extension off highway peg. Dang it. I'm ok, didn't fall. Will post pics later.

wiggy
11-03-2015, 07:20 AM
That sucks big time..sorry to hear this but glad you weren't hurt! Too bad nobody else was able to come forward and help out with a license/description.

wjduke
11-03-2015, 07:21 AM
It's all you see anymore...hit and runs. Nobody cares. I can't imagine what the next 20 years will be like. Thankfully I'll be too old to give a crap.

shooter
11-03-2015, 07:47 AM
I keep telling you guys that's why you need to carry a gun. You could shoot his tires out........just kidding , I think. Sorry about your misfortune. Just be glad you weren't hurt. Shame that pricks out driving around.

stroguy
11-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Pitiful excuse for a human. Karma will visit the scum sucking parasite, be assured. I'm sure they are at the welfare office complaining how you got in their way.

lloydmoore1
11-03-2015, 08:03 AM
The bright side is you stayed upright and walked away, hopefully Karma will sort out the rest.

Fla_rider
11-03-2015, 08:19 AM
Went back to the impact area and couldn't find the peg! Must still be in his bumper or front quarter panel.

Ok, let's see how much I have to spend to repair this. I need or can bend the right engine guard. Found it on line for $166. Next Ergo II 6" extension powder coated black and a peg. Searching...

Sorcerer
11-03-2015, 09:43 AM
You best look a little deeper. There may be damage to the subframe that the engine guard bolts to.

Wing'n it
11-03-2015, 10:43 AM
I keep telling you guys that's why you need to carry a gun. You could shoot his tires out........just kidding , I think. Sorry about your misfortune. Just be glad you weren't hurt. Shame that pricks out driving around.

No gun! Something way more effective,.... a video camera!! I have a few friends that have been saved by them. But of course it's useless if you don't have it or have it on....

Fla_rider
11-03-2015, 11:57 AM
So local Honda dealer does not have the part, everyone on line does not have the part (Right Engine Guard) a Honda dealer in Ft. Lauderdale has the part but it's $177 plus shipping. On line I can get it for $140? I think I'll be waiting, Honda has the part back-ordered till 10/29?

All the parts from Kuryakyn come to $146 shipped. Plus, I will have to powder coat the 6" extension. This is going to be about a $300 project! I had to buy everything from Kuri in pairs except the peg! GEEZ, what a world we live in. How hard can it be to sell one? Well the good thing is when one of you guys mess up your left side ERGO II's I can charge you what I paid! :clap2::icon_lol:

Papa Tater
11-03-2015, 01:14 PM
Sorry to hear about this , glad all is o.k. with you. Just a few parts and your back to 100%. Hope to see you guys this Sunday for the RTE..

Paul B Blues
11-03-2015, 01:31 PM
Really sorry to hear this, what a coward to run away like that....Hope they get what they deserve :jerkit:

Bowhunter1800
11-05-2015, 01:04 PM
Glad to hear you didn't get hurt. Could've been worse........... Don't tell me it was in the Sonic parking lot!!!!! (Inside joke once again)

Fla_rider
11-09-2015, 10:10 AM
Up date on Kuryakyn. I thought I received the wrong part on Saturday when the swivel bolt assy for the peg came in chrome. Another, item I have to get powder coated. After discussing it with Kuryakyn Manager of Customer service none of the replacement parts come in black, nether do the 6" extensions. Apparently, they are more concerned about warehouse space then customers of F6B's (No, that's what he said). So if you have Kuryakyn black pegs and you lay it down on one side or get hit like me then you'll have to order the whole set again if you want it black or get it coated like I have too. Personally I think this is lousy customer service, if you sell a kit in black then so should you have the parts in black. KURY get with it!

blackmetoc
12-15-2015, 10:13 PM
Oh crap! That sucks. How is the repair going?