PDA

View Full Version : Nice day in Michigan

seadog
11-03-2015, 07:44 PM
Went for a jaunt on the 6 today, unseasonably warm weather for Michigan, the outside temp was showing 73 degree and it was just a gorgeous 200 miler. Lots of hills and twisties and good company. Makes for a stressless day on two wheels.:clap2::clap2:

roaddog
11-03-2015, 08:07 PM
I couldn't agree more, it was a great day to get in the wind. Before we know it the bikes will be in cold storage and then we wait. I've done some riding in your area, nice open roads and not much traffic, just watch out for deer.

Be safe

VStarRider
11-03-2015, 08:08 PM
Went for a jaunt on the 6 today, unseasonably warm weather for Michigan, the outside temp was showing 73 degree and it was just a gorgeous 200 miler. Lots of hills and twisties and good company. Makes for a stressless day on two wheels.:clap2::clap2:

Same here in western and central NYS. I only rode 70 miles, but was still very pleasant and nice. The giant dome of High pressure of the eastern seaboard will keep pinwheeling warm central Atlantic-influenced air over the eastern half of the USA for the next couple of days before it departs with a lot of wind behind it.

Big Cat
11-04-2015, 07:45 AM

Seadog,

Good morning! Saw your post and thought I'd reach out for some local Michigan experience...

I'm in the early stages of planning a long road trip for next year, probably in late August/early September, and this time I want to do a clockwise loop around the Great Lakes, starting in Minnesota, maybe Duluth, I don't know yet.

Our plan will be to ride roughly 300-350 miles per day, avoiding traffic and major cities. We like to maximize twisties, remote and rugged scenery, and lake views.

My question to you is, can you recommend a few "must-ride" roads in Michigan?

BTW, tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full...

F6B1911
11-04-2015, 02:18 PM

Howdy Seadog,
With those temps in November, you now can make plans for the 2016 Rally?
Plus, if you want to believe in global warming, it may just be a degree or two warmer next year.

Fla_rider
11-05-2015, 11:11 AM
:postpics: