PDA

View Full Version : My turn

wjduke
11-04-2015, 11:55 AM
Just put a deposit down on a 2015 Matte Silver standard. Might get it next week after the recall is done. Finally will be back on two wheels after 19 months of bull crap. $16,800 OTD. Might sound high to some, but that's a good price for up here, and worth it for me to not have to travel and take time from work. He's checking the final drive fluid too....glad I've been taking notes here for the last few months. Thanks guys.

shooter
11-04-2015, 12:18 PM
Don't sound high to me for an out the door price. I'll bet not many can beat that in a comparable bike in your area. Glad you're gonna be riding again. If you can just stay out of those cagers way...........

wjduke
11-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Don't sound high to me for an out the door price. I'll bet not many can beat that in a comparable bike in your area. Glad you're gonna be riding again. If you can just stay out of those cagers way...........

I'm happy with the deal. I've been on this bike for a long time as you know. We might squeeze another good week this month....hoping to get some late riding in. Cagers better keep the heck away from me.

Fla_rider
11-05-2015, 11:11 AM
When you do pick it up we'll be expecting photos!

:postpics:

shooter
11-05-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm happy with the deal. I've been on this bike for a long time as you know. We might squeeze another good week this month....hoping to get some late riding in. Cagers better keep the heck away from me.

Duke I can weld you some push bars and a cage on that thing.

wjduke
11-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Duke I can weld you some push bars and a cage on that thing.

Now that's a friend right there! :lolup:

wjduke
11-05-2015, 11:26 AM
When you do pick it up we'll be expecting photos!

:postpics:

Might have some tonight when I go pay for the beast.

wjduke
11-06-2015, 05:21 AM
I "unofficially" own a 2015 F6B. No pics yet. It was tucked in line with a bunch of others. You know what it looks like but I know the rules....

seadog
11-06-2015, 05:57 AM
a couple of short range missle tubes that fire when cagers get to close. Glad to hear your going to be back on two wheels. Your also buying the fastest color, I love this matte silver, since I chromed it up it even stands out more35473548

No Handle Sam
11-06-2015, 06:48 AM
Just put a deposit down on a 2015 Matte Silver standard. Might get it next week after the recall is done. Finally will be back on two wheels after 19 months of bull crap. $16,800 OTD. Might sound high to some, but that's a good price for up here, and worth it for me to not have to travel and take time from work. He's checking the final drive fluid too....glad I've been taking notes here for the last few months. Thanks guys.

I paid 17,900 for my 2015 Deluxe a couple of months ago. So I think your 16,800 for the Standard is right in line. Enjoy the new ride!!!

shooter
11-06-2015, 07:56 AM
a couple of short range missle tubes that fire when cagers get to close. Glad to hear your going to be back on two wheels. Your also buying the fastest color, I love this matte silver, since I chromed it up it even stands out more1754817549

Apparently "chromed up" is subjective.:stirthepot:3549

wjduke
11-06-2015, 07:59 AM
a couple of short range missle tubes that fire when cagers get to close. Glad to hear your going to be back on two wheels. Your also buying the fastest color, I love this matte silver, since I chromed it up it even stands out more1754817549
Thanks seadog...I know a dark shield is on the list eventually. I think it would look killer, along with function. You might know me from the other forum where I don't go mod crazy....haven't changed in that respect. Thinking a brake light modulator and maybe the healtech gear indicator.

I paid 17,900 for my 2015 Deluxe a couple of months ago. So I think your 16,800 for the Standard is right in line. Enjoy the new ride!!!
Happy to hear that I didn't get ripped. You just don't see deals like that here. Thanks

Love to ride
11-06-2015, 08:35 AM
Wayne Glad to see you are on here for good ! Best Bike I have owned ! smooth as butta :-)

Lee from m109riderscom...I got the grey deluxe Love The cruise I do a lot of interstate rides to Saint Simons !

wjduke
11-06-2015, 09:03 AM
Wayne Glad to see you are on here for good ! Best Bike I have owned ! smooth as butta :-)

Lee from m109riders.com...I got the grey deluxe Love The cruise I do a lot of interstate rides to Saint Simons !

Lee, great to hear from you! Ya, I'll be here quite a bit. She's bigger than the 9 and I haven't ridden in 2 seasons now, but I can't wait after what's been going on. Will be in touch for sure.

shooter
11-06-2015, 10:17 AM
Lee, great to hear from you! Ya, I'll be here quite a bit. She's bigger than the 9 and I haven't ridden in 2 seasons now, but I can't wait after what's been going on. Will be in touch for sure.

Training Wheels??

wjduke
11-06-2015, 11:05 AM
Training Wheels??

We'll find out Monday!

shooter
11-06-2015, 11:09 AM
Long as you're riding buddy. I'll ride with ya. Training wheels and all.:beer3:

Bweiner10
11-06-2015, 02:21 PM
That sounds like a great deal to me. I paid around the same for a 2013 here in Az not to long ago. I moved down here from North of Boston 5 yrs ago and bought 2 Hondas up there. Which dealership did you go with if you don't mind me asking? I have worked with a few.

wjduke
11-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Long as you're riding buddy. I'll ride with ya. Training wheels and all.:beer3:

By the time we meet up, I'll be near expert....lol

wjduke
11-06-2015, 04:20 PM
That sounds like a great deal to me. I paid around the same for a 2013 here in Az not to long ago. I moved down here from North of Boston 5 yrs ago and bought 2 Hondas up there. Which dealership did you go with if you don't mind me asking? I have worked with a few.

I worked with a place called Motorsports Nation. A friend is an insurance agent and knew them. They're based in CT., with two locations there, and just opened one close to me in Rehoboth, Mass., 20 minutes away. Rehoboth only does Kawasaki and Yamaha. The good part is that they're shipping my bike here so I don't have to travel to CT again. That ride sucked last night!

shooter
11-06-2015, 04:26 PM
By the time we meet up, I'll be near expert....lol

Good cause I can use some pointers. I learned all my skills from Stro. Nuff said.

wjduke
11-09-2015, 09:04 PM
No shock to anyone here...my first ride tonight was the best first ride I ever had.

First impression as I started her up and put in gear....smooth as silk and no clunk into first. Every gear change smooth. Took me a bit to get comfy leaning into a turn, but after a few miles, much improved. I hadn't been on a bike since April,2014.

As far as the windshield....I was extremely impressed at how little I FELT the wind with the shorty. I could hear it, but had very little buffeting that I could really complain about. Now, I came off an M109 with no shield or fairing at all, so that could be one reason.

Next, my legs and hands never felt cold one bit and I rode tonight out on the highway hitting 70, in complete darkness, started out at 50 degrees, probably ended around 48 or so. I did prepare for the cold too...that helps.

My one, and it's hardly a complaint, because it will come with getting familiar with the bike....I couldn't see any of the control buttons. I felt that they should be backlit. I left the manual in the bike, and haven't read up on anything, so I hope I didn't miss something that's hiding about that. Since my whole ride was at night, it stood out a lot. I wanted to try the cruise but was afraid to touch anything.

Lastly, I can't wait to hop on her again!

Sorry, no pics yet....too dark....too excited to remember.

shooter
11-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Way to go buddy. Not one to really talk bad about other bikes , but , the F6B is head and shoulders above the 9 in most categories. Don't forget I still own and ride an exceptional 9. The B will out corner , out handle , out stop , and out ride the 9 all day long. The more you ride it the more you will love it. Its a runner and you can lay it over. I'm proud for you. I know its been a tough journey. Congratulations. Go ahead and go out and look at it again. You know you want to.

wjduke
11-10-2015, 05:36 AM
Way to go buddy. Not one to really talk bad about other bikes , but , the F6B is head and shoulders above the 9 in most categories. Don't forget I still own and ride an exceptional 9. The B will out corner , out handle , out stop , and out ride the 9 all day long. The more you ride it the more you will love it. Its a runner and you can lay it over. I'm proud for you. I know its been a tough journey. Congratulations. Go ahead and go out and look at it again. You know you want to.

Thanks shooter. I would go out and look again, but I garage her in the town over at a friends house. No place to keep it here and it's MUCH cheaper than city rates on insurance. I'm just getting started, and can't wait to really get the feel. The 9 guys would never believe you, would they. I said it many times....I loved the 9, but I feel that this is the bike for me...even more so after a first ride.

Forgot to mention...I don't need a TRE either!

wjduke
11-10-2015, 10:46 AM
For what it's worth....I read on this forum that the first oil change recommended by Honda is 8,000. My manual says first one at 4,000, then every 8,000 after that. Air cleaner every 12,000. Pages 125/126 of the 2015 owners manual.

shooter
11-10-2015, 02:19 PM
If you will look at the manual it has a schedule for severe duty. Stop and go traffic , extended hwy use , dusty or dirty conditions. Sound familiar? For these circumstances change at 4000.

wjduke
11-10-2015, 02:50 PM
If you will look at the manual it has a schedule for severe duty. Stop and go traffic , extended hwy use , dusty or dirty conditions. Sound familiar? For these circumstances change at 4000.

Regular maintenance schedule shooter...It's not a big deal, I'll do it then go to 8,000, but it's in the new book this way.

wjduke
11-14-2015, 02:24 PM
Here she is. First time in daylight. Rough conditions, high winds, but a very nice ride today. Lots more coming tomorrow and Monday, where I'm going to play hooky from work. It's going to be too nice a day to let pass by. Ok, it's not hooky...I have time to take.

Not very happy with the dealer. I found the right hand rail loose, no key id tag as the manual says you should receive, both tires were severely low on air, and they really never detailed the bike. I have no proof that they did the recall either....makes me wonder when I find little things wrong. Checking air pressure isn't fun either. I see a center stand in my future, or I'll have to jack it up each time. I'm not laying on the ground anymore!

lloydmoore1
11-14-2015, 04:07 PM
Congrats! Stay away from the KFC that stuff will kill ya! :yikes:
And for the record the blue is faster:stirthepot:

wjduke
11-14-2015, 08:00 PM
Congrats! Stay away from the KFC that stuff will kill ya! :yikes:
And for the record the blue is faster:stirthepot:

You're correct on one point....I haven't been in a KFC in a year! :joke:

shooter
11-14-2015, 10:23 PM
Duke if you can check the diff fluid. That photo looks suspicious. It may have been photoshopped.:icon_lol:

seadog
11-14-2015, 10:47 PM
Yes that center stand is worth it weight, just makes checking everything so much easier that I cannot believe they didn't put them on all their bikes. Sound like your dealer is right on par with where I bought mine, the whole place was filled with idiots. I can't believe they stay in business. I took my bike in for the 8000 mile change at 7000 miles and had them put full synthetic oil in it. A bit more pricey but the longevity and protection is there to safeguard the motor. The new dealer that did the work said they have heard horror stories that come out of the dealership where I bought the Deluxe and I didn't have any trouble believing them as I experience their lack of professionalism first hand. Get with the guys in your area and talk to them about the dealers there and sooner or later you will find a good one. Like me even if you have to travel farther to get to a good one its definitely worth the trip to safeguard you ride.

shooter
11-15-2015, 03:15 AM
Good advice Dog. And maybe if enough guys talk the old dealer that don't give a shyt will go out of business. Cluck em.

wjduke
11-15-2015, 05:22 AM
Duke if you can check the diff fluid. That photo looks suspicious. It may have been photoshopped.:icon_lol:

I asked the dealer to do that on the first chat we had....they said they did, but after my little inspection yesterday, I'll get to that. Photoshopped!

wjduke
11-15-2015, 05:39 AM
Yes that center stand is worth it weight, just makes checking everything so much easier that I cannot believe they didn't put them on all their bikes. Sound like your dealer is right on par with where I bought mine, the whole place was filled with idiots. I can't believe they stay in business. I took my bike in for the 8000 mile change at 7000 miles and had them put full synthetic oil in it. A bit more pricey but the longevity and protection is there to safeguard the motor. The new dealer that did the work said they have heard horror stories that come out of the dealership where I bought the Deluxe and I didn't have any trouble believing them as I experience their lack of professionalism first hand. Get with the guys in your area and talk to them about the dealers there and sooner or later you will find a good one. Like me even if you have to travel farther to get to a good one its definitely worth the trip to safeguard you ride.

Thanks seadog.....I traveled over an hour to purchase this bike, so going directly back to them probably isn't going to happen unless it's something big. They do have a closer annex store where I picked it up that isn't a Honda dealer, but they said they might be able to do some service. I plan on doing most of my own, especially oil and tires. Hoping I got a good one that doesn't need warranty work. My favorite local shop told me they don't work on these because they're just too time consuming.

I have my bike jack, but didn't think I'd need to use it for air...the center stand might come before a windshield. I really don't have a huge issue with this stock unit so far. I'm not a radio lover, and haven't even thought of trying that. I haven't been on a few hundred mile ride yet either where that will be a must. I'm still on excite mode, changes will be coming this winter.

seadog
11-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Thanks seadog.....I traveled over an hour to purchase this bike, so going directly back to them probably isn't going to happen unless it's something big. They do have a closer annex store where I picked it up that isn't a Honda dealer, but they said they might be able to do some service. I plan on doing most of my own, especially oil and tires. Hoping I got a good one that doesn't need warranty work. My favorite local shop told me they don't work on these because they're just too time consuming.

I have my bike jack, but didn't think I'd need to use it for air...the center stand might come before a windshield. I really don't have a huge issue with this stock unit so far. I'm not a radio lover, and haven't even thought of trying that. I haven't been on a few hundred mile ride yet either where that will be a must. I'm still on excite mode, changes will be coming this winter.

The Center stand lets you check a lot of things yourself, the rear diff, airing up the tires, checking coolant level, checking oil level. I have heard you can throw down a couple of rugs where the engine guards are and lay the 6 over on its right side and with the center stand extended out raise the back end enough to just pull the rear tire out for replacement. So that is a good thing to put on your ride, I use mine all the time.