PDA

View Full Version : Question on the F6B lineage

unsub
08-12-2013, 06:25 AM
Does the F6B have a production "name" like it's predecessor the Valkyrie?

Gumby
08-12-2013, 06:37 AM
It's name is F6B.

It's designation is GL1800B or BD if its a deluxe.

I wish it had a better name. F6B is lame.

unsub
08-12-2013, 06:52 AM
It's name is F6B.

It's designation is GL1800B or BD if its a deluxe.

I wish it had a better name. F6B is lame.

Yeah, I agree. The name Honda Dream (as in the old Honda 305 Dream) came to my mind when I first looked at this bike. The 305 was an exercise in styling for Honda and ahead of it's time in the 60's.

bobbyf6b
08-12-2013, 01:14 PM
It has been dubbed, FLAT SIX BAGGER

Steve 0080
08-12-2013, 03:01 PM
Of all the names floating around .....I like F6B the best...

yabiah
08-12-2013, 06:32 PM
[QUOTE=Steve 0080;7601]Of all the names floating around .....I like F6B the best...[/QUOT

I would have to a agree.
Not so keen on the Goldwing designation though.

4DI2D
08-13-2013, 08:25 PM
Gaping admirers call it the BatBike, SR-71, etc.
It's how genius redefined the bagger genre.

SpeedyWho
08-13-2013, 11:42 PM
I refuse to use the term Bagger, period. In my opinion that's a term used by another manufacture. Its funny, look at any magazine geared towards that crowd and you'll see all these so called Baggers. That they 've turned into bikes unsuitable for riding any distance farther than the closest bar or Dealership Mecca Mall. Huge Ape hangers, or lowered to the ground, huge wheels and all the other garbage left over from the Chopper fad. The F6B runs circles around that stuff for half the money and exponentially better reliability. That's just me and my opinion.

bobbyf6b
08-13-2013, 11:49 PM
I refuse to use the term Bagger, period. In my opinion that's a term used by another manufacture. Its funny, look at any magazine geared towards that crowd and you'll see all these so called Baggers. That they 've turned into bikes unsuitable for riding any distance farther than the closest bar or Dealership Mecca Mall. Huge Ape hangers, or lowered to the ground, huge wheels and all the other garbage left over from the Chopper fad. The F6B runs circles around that stuff for half the money and exponentially better reliability. That's just me and my opinion.

:icon_goodpost::icon_ditto::agree::werd::what:

F6B-RICH
08-14-2013, 08:09 AM
I also :agree: with SpeedyWho

Phantom
08-14-2013, 08:37 AM

:icon_ditto: I agree 10 X

If you want to be a Harley "Wanna-Be" than go out and buy a Harley Bagger and quit being a "POSER" with a Honda.

Honda, since introducing the F6B has REFUSED to label this bike a "Bagger" , they call it a Cruiser or Touring Cruiser.

I believe it was Harley Davidson that came up with the "Bagger" term 6-8 years ago and they rightfully own it.

Different bikes for different purposes, If you have the financial means then place one of each Motorcycle in your garage.

Take the Harley "Bagger" out when you go bar hopping and then take the F6B out when you want to go RIDING.

In my opinion comparing a Harley to the Honda is like comparing apples to oranges.

I once had seen a Honda Rune where the owner tried to make it look like a Harley, He also had a Large patch created to sew on the back of his leather jacket with the Harley logo design except it said Honda in the center instead of Hardley-Ableson. It was the most retarded Honda and the Dumbest looking patch I had ever seen.

just my 2 cents and don't return the change.

:iduno:

Barre
08-14-2013, 01:27 PM
I agree F6B is the best name for it and the Valkyrie in Europe was just called the F6, kinda fighter jet sounding for both!

gray rider
08-14-2013, 08:12 PM
I first saw the use of the term bagger in 1964 on the North side of Chicago. My neighbor had an Indian that was fully decked out with leather bags, leather fork chaps and a huge leather covered seat embossed with the words "Vince's Bagger N.C.M.C.". Good old Vince let me wash his pride and joy free of charge with the caveats that I didn't sit on the bike or get a drop of anything on the leather goods. So the term bagger at least was in common use in the 1960's and at least in this case not tied to a Harley.

Yeahoo Whoyah
08-14-2013, 11:56 PM
It's a Goldwing. I just call mine Mister Big.

unsub
09-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Honda acknowledges the F6B to stand for Flat Six Bagger. AT 1:40, Alexander Kraus, the head of Motorcycle Sales for Honda Europe explains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8fkbtJRHVA

Yeahoo Whoyah
09-09-2013, 07:22 AM
Bagger? No, he said Bahga....!!

unsub
09-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Bagger? No, he said Bahga....!!

As the British would say: Oh, Bugger! :icon_lol:

Pedro66
09-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I agree F6B is the best name for it and the Valkyrie in Europe was just called the F6, kinda fighter jet sounding for both!

Actually it was the F6C

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq173/pedro_66/2012%20Lower%20Lights/web%20size/image_zpsa159611a.jpg

unsub
09-10-2013, 10:32 PM
That is a beautiful badge.

Phantom
09-12-2013, 10:55 PM
:banghead:

Take a look at the last line under the F6B .....

" Many people say "F6B" stands for Flat 6 Bagger but that has never been confirmed by Honda "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Gold_Wing

unsub
09-13-2013, 02:45 PM
:banghead:

Take a look at the last line under the F6B .....

" Many people say "F6B" stands for Flat 6 Bagger but that has never been confirmed by Honda "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Gold_Wing

I believe Alexander Kraus, the head of Motorcycle Sales for Honda Europe confirms it as Flat Six Bagger. That's pretty much a done deal.