PDA

View Full Version : What are your winter projects going to be on your F6B

Greg O
11-05-2015, 08:08 AM
1. Total cleaning including restoring the finish.
2. Install the Healtech gear indicator.
3. Install USB power ports in left cubby.
4. Maybe fog\ driving lights.

bob109
11-05-2015, 08:26 AM
Snow Birding in Florida for the next 5.5 months, I plan on several coats of "Sun Baked" "Liquid Glass":icon_biggrin:

valkmc
11-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Snow Birding in Florida for the next 5.5 months, I plan on several coats of "Sun Baked" "Liquid Glass":icon_biggrin:

Same here Liquid Glass followed by test rides!!

Fla_rider
11-05-2015, 10:52 AM
Winter is the best riding time in Florida, but my list will include repairing the items that were just damage by my hit and run adventure.

Right Engine Guard -~$200
Kury Ergo II - Trident Peg and 6" extension - $150

P.S. Tampa broke heat records yesterday, Nov 4th for 92 degrees! Sun Baked would be a correct statement.

Retired Army
11-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Modifying and powder coating the mounting brackets on a set of Show Chrome arm rests to work on the F6B so my wife will enjoy it as much as I do.

Elroy
11-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Winter is the best riding time in Florida, but my list will include repairing the items that were just damage by my hit and run adventure.

Right Engine Guard -~$200
Kury Ergo II - Trident Peg and 6" extension - $150

P.S. Tampa broke heat records yesterday, Nov 4th for 92 degrees! Sun Baked would be a correct statement.

Fla_rider, I too need to remove an engine guard to replace/paint. Are you aware of the steps on how to do this? I think I can see the attachment point of the guard to the frame, but not 100%. Is it "easy"?

ths61
11-05-2015, 11:50 AM
- Heated seats
- Fog and driving lights
- Powder coating miscellaneous parts
- Recall, whenever that happens

edgeman55
11-05-2015, 02:53 PM
Do a antifreeze change and also was going to install speedbleeders and flush all the brake and clutch fluids but with the recall this might get done by a Honda tech and I say those words lightly!!

yabiah
11-05-2015, 03:26 PM
Ordered and received cruise control.
I think I'll have a free weekend in December to get it installed.

I'll also need to get this recall looked at.

okiedoc
11-05-2015, 09:08 PM
Russell Day Long Seat
Helibars
Fog Lights
Smoke Turn Signals

RickJ
11-05-2015, 09:28 PM
well, I shoe-horned two bikes into an 8X12 shed I built, so we can [barely] fit a car in the garage. Consequently, work will be minimal. I did get bthe battery out so I guess I have SOME room. I'm hoping to figure out which rack I want and will also remove the backrest when i install the rack.That should be it IF you guys could refrain from talking about any new must-have accessories for this machine.

Jimmytee
11-05-2015, 09:31 PM
Supercharger

Jimmytee
11-05-2015, 09:32 PM
for my phone...:icon_lol:

shooter
11-05-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm hoping to find time to tear it down and install the K&N filter and send the ECM to Don Guhl for maybe another 10 HP.

SoCal Rich
11-05-2015, 10:54 PM
Just gonna ride. No winter here. Sorry.

BIGLRY
11-06-2015, 02:44 AM
Just gonna ride. No winter here. Sorry.Damn you beat me to it,:icon_lol:
all I have planned is ride more miles, but for a few of the other steel steeds in my stable.............ah hell I'll just ride them too.;roughrider;

shortleg0521
11-06-2015, 07:17 AM
1. Total cleaning including restoring the finish.
2. Install the Healtech gear indicator.
3. Install USB power ports in left cubby.
4. Maybe fog\ driving lights.

Looking to do some painting by adding some silver and some
good hard clear coat.
Other than that I will try to get a ride in here and there.
shortleg

RickJ
11-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Just gonna ride. No winter here. Sorry.

sorry??? You aren't sorry!!

Bob Penn
11-06-2015, 09:34 AM
First I'm going to finish stacking the wood and cool off with a beer or two!
Then I'm going to light a fire in it's place.
Then I'll pour a cup of Bourbon and sit down in the easy chair to supervise how the wood burns.
Then I'm going to eat some turkey and drink some fine red wine.
Maybe if the snow isn't too deep I'll go to the NYC bike show on Dec. 12 and come home too some brandy just to console myself for all the money I spent.
Then I'll be trying to avoid the mistletoe trap for a couple of weeks until New Years eve which is usually when I weaken and drink Scotch.
Seems to be a common theme here.
Oh wait, this is a thread on a motorcycle site. You probably want to know what I'm going to do to my bike
So I went over my list. Since July 3 when I bought my bike I've added 15 items to the bike.
I've already done:
1. Lowering kit
2. Higher windshield w/vent
3. Mustang seat
4. Kur. floor boards
5. Kur. Bar adjustment kit
6. Fender extender.
7. Highway pegs
8. Rear rack
9. ISO grips
10. Belly pan
11. Cigar lighter
12. Gear indicator
13. GPS holder
14. Magnetic oil plug, oil, and filter
15. carpeted saddle bags
Not to mention 5,000 miles of test riding.
Need to add a throttle lock or cruise control

Dang, I need a rest and some Sambuca for my coffee.

PS yesterday they just called me about the recall!!!!

Amipro
11-06-2015, 10:20 AM
Lights, lights, and more lights!

The wife says you can't have enough, we'll see if she's right.

Hornblower
11-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Done so much already :yikes:. Next up, a new battery (Odyssey PC545) which should be an upgrade to the OEM.

ths61
11-06-2015, 06:36 PM
Done so much already :yikes:. Next up, a new battery (Odyssey PC545) which should be an upgrade to the OEM.

Hornblower, have you ever looked at the Braille (lightweight AGM) batteries ? I had an Odyssey and when it died I replaced it with a Braille. Unfortunately, I didn't have the bike long enough to provide feedback on the Braille's longevity.

https://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/braille/product_batteries/b2015

https://www.braillebattery.com/images/B2015_web.gif

Hornblower
11-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Hornblower, have you ever looked at the Braille (lightweight AGM) batteries ? I had an Odyssey and when it died I replaced it with a Braille. Unfortunately, I didn't have the bike long enough to provide feedback on the Braille's longevity.

https://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/braille/product_batteries/b2015

https://www.braillebattery.com/images/B2015_web.gif

No, I'm not familiar with that brand. The main reason for going with the Odyssey was a recommendation from a good riding friend that has had great success with them. He has been getting around 8 years of life out of those batteries. Frankly, I would be more than happy with that result!

GaTeach
11-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Count me in with all those who said "ride."

Teach

Santa
11-08-2015, 12:48 PM
RIDING IT.:lolup:

VStarRider
11-26-2015, 05:07 PM
My main project is going to be making a key knob for glovebox. Over the next three years:

I also would like to either get the electric remote saddlebag release or rig the lock cable under the seat so only right side bag locks.

Fog lights

Engine guard wind deflectors

Center stand

randy99ca
11-26-2015, 05:53 PM
I'm getting the recall done, heated grips put on, and making up a full set of key knobs

VStarRider
11-26-2015, 09:50 PM
I'm getting the recall done, heated grips put on, and making up a full set of key knobs

You'll love the heated grips. Even in 38 F temps last week, I only had mine set to the third highest setting (out of 5 total), with thin summer gloves, and my hands were toasty.

F6bisnext
11-27-2015, 07:34 AM
Here is a list of things not yet added but have in my possession:
* Throttlemeister
* Fog Lights with switchbacks
* Smart Mount Driver Backrest
* Whelen Tir3 with Kuryakyn harness

Want to also do:
* luggage rack
* higher output front low and high beams
* convert rear turn signals to R/T/B in high output LED
* Upgrade stereo

Let's face it, the list never ends!!

ths61
11-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Just scored some Gerbing permanent mount controllers for 42% off street price with free shipping and no tax.

grendl
11-28-2015, 06:18 PM
I want to add the add on circuit board from the battery(forgot what it's called) so any more electrical accessories work from that along with a pig-tail for the (hope I never need) air compressor. Then Arai has a helmet I like and a GPS,which means a plug up front to power it. I'll get the GPS with the Sirius radio to give my Ipod a break.
Muth blue turn signal mirrors. I picked up a flasher LED brake set from my Wing Ding trip,but haven't installed them yet.
I love the sound of my pipes but I want them to be black(just missed that deal on our for sale page). I'll have to see how much $ it would cost to just have mine dark chromed which is what I'd like better than Black.
Maybe a Mustang seat. At 17K, stock seat is good for me but I like the look of the Mustang.
Just did my belly pan and center stand. Also added a set of EC LEDs in the lower cowl. I installed PIAAS in the low beam so I need to see if thats enough before I go HIDs or LED for the main lighting. The PIAAS are a great improvement over the stock low beam.
And of course the recall on the brakes....
It's cold and snowy now in Colorado but we'll have days during the winter where it's warm enough to ride. I'd better get busy !!

wjduke
12-01-2015, 08:28 AM
Can't stop spending on this bike. All small change so far, thankfully. Baker Wings, and a tinted helmet shield yesterday...center stand still waiting to be mounted too. I think I'm done....until I see one of your other ideas!

Fla_rider
12-01-2015, 08:45 AM
Replacing all the damaged parts from getting hit. The right engine guard came in, waiting on the Ergo parts to be powder coated black. I also got the passenger floorboards I won at the rally powder coated black. Been thinking of blacking out all the logo's. :shrug:

billsim
12-01-2015, 09:22 AM
Bought the 2013 base model (leftover) in August 2015
Added :
Power port in left front cubby
OEM passenger backrest
OEM centerstand
Saddlebag carpets
Bluetooth adapter in left rear saddlebag
OEM heated grips
Cee Bailey 13" vented (clear) windshield
LED flashback rear turn signals
LED license plate light
LED flasher unit
Muth LED mirrors
SoCal front turn signals with clear lenses and flashback LED

Running out of things to do....:icon_lol:

Fla_rider
12-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Bought the 2013 base model (leftover) in August 2015
Added :
Power port in left front cubby
OEM passenger backrest
OEM centerstand
Saddlebag carpets
Bluetooth adapter in left rear saddlebag
OEM heated grips
Cee Bailey 13" vented (clear) windshield
LED flashback rear turn signals
LED license plate light
LED flasher unit
Muth LED mirrors
SoCal front turn signals with clear lenses and flashback LED

Running out of things to do....:icon_lol:
Here's some other things to consider -
1. Baker Wings
2. GPS?
3. Lower Riding Lights
4. Highway Pegs (make a big difference on longer rides)
5. Sena 20s headsets

P.S. I use a BT receiver in the front left cubby sync'd with my phone (Pandora)plugged into the 3.5 plug. I use a Ipod or USB drive in the rear saddlebag. This gives me functionality over the ipod/flash drive in the rear saddlebag from the handle controls and also gives me an alternative source of music with the BT receiver plugged into the secondary input to AUX.

choptop
12-02-2015, 10:34 PM
Supercharger

PLease, tell us more !

Jimmytee
12-03-2015, 05:31 AM
PLease, tell us more !

It was in tongue in cheek, next post I clarified it was for my phone.:icon_wink:

Big Cat
12-03-2015, 08:58 AM
PLease, tell us more !

Actually, there is (or was) a turbo-charger made for the GL1800.