PDA

View Full Version : Ergo III

BigAl1952
11-08-2015, 12:51 AM
Just got my set of Ergo III highway pegs put on today. Wasn't to bad of a job and I think I have them set pretty close for the first try. One of my arms needs a slight nudge to get it to return to the up position. Took it apart and check and added grease don't see anything that would cause this. Anyone else have that problem with theres. One side returns fine. The other needs just a slight nudge and it comes up. Anyone have any thoughts. Al

willtill
11-08-2015, 08:26 AM
Do you mean that after you take your feet off of them, you have to nudge them to get them to spring back up?

If so, I have to do the same thing with mine.

Slammd
11-08-2015, 08:48 AM
Hey Gents...ran into the same problem on my installation. There are two wedge like shaped bushing halves (one male oriented and the other female). Check to make sure that when you assembled the two that the "nose of the helix" (male half) is perfectly aligned with the "end cap" (female) as shown in pic 14 of the instructions. Once i went back in and made this correction, pegs sprung back fully. Take a look....

https://maggroup.blob.core.windows.net/kuryakyn/3990-22GL-1213.pdf

Hope this makes sense and helps!

BigAl1952
11-08-2015, 10:35 AM
I will check that out and see if that is the problem. One of mine works fine. When I remove my foot it comes right back. The other needs the nudge to come up. Al

BigAl1952
11-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Hey Gents...ran into the same problem on my installation. There are two wedge like shaped bushing halves (one male oriented and the other female). Check to make sure that when you assembled the two that the "nose of the helix" (male half) is perfectly aligned with the "end cap" (female) as shown in pic 14 of the instructions. Once i went back in and made this correction, pegs sprung back fully. Take a look....

Hope this makes sense and helps!

Just went out and checked it out. I played with the outer nose cap and turned it 180 degrees as I knew where the inside matrix nose was at. When I played with that outside nose piece and moved it the 180 degrees it work just like it should. Thanks for the help. I know now when checking the grease that will need to be paid attention to. Al:039:

BIGLRY
11-08-2015, 12:01 PM

Hope this makes sense and helps!I had the same issue an had the same fix, mine have worked perfectly ever since. Oh, and lots of grease.:301:

Slammd
11-08-2015, 04:14 PM
Glad to hear it worked out......ride on my friend!