PDA

View Full Version : Curious---What accessory has most exceeded your expectations?

wiggy
11-13-2015, 05:26 PM
Of all the accessories that either came on your F6b or that you installed, which has exceeded your expectations the most.

For me, it'd have to be the heated grips. Since I bought a standard leftover 2013 new, it didn't come with them but I had the opportunity to buy a used set. WOW, do they ever get warm and put out some serious heat. I love the idea that they have multiple settings. I like them far better than I thought I would. I wouldn't want to live without them this time of year up by Chicago.

Just curious what the other members think.

imported_NMRed
11-13-2015, 05:38 PM
MADSTAD.

Big TP
11-13-2015, 05:44 PM
Kuryakyn Ergo II Hwy Pegs. Had them powdercoated black. COMFORTABLE

bob109
11-13-2015, 05:51 PM
Center Stand! Oil Changes are a breeze with the bike in a upright/vertical position. Being able to rotate the rear tire for cleaning and positioning the valve stem at the six o'clock position make rear tire/rim maintenance easy. Stowing the bike alongside a garage wall frees up some floor space. Makes changing rear brake pads and checking for brake drag quick and simple:icon_wink:

willtill
11-13-2015, 05:59 PM
Center Stand! Oil Changes are a breeze with the bike in a upright/vertical position. Being able to rotate the rear tire for cleaning and positioning the valve stem at the six o'clock position make rear tire/rim maintenance easy. Stowing the bike alongside a garage wall frees up some floor space. Makes changing rear brake pads and checking for brake drag quick and simple:icon_wink:

1+ for the centerstand

willtill
11-13-2015, 06:01 PM
Kisan Headlight modulators that I installed on the high beams. Talk about getting attention. They are the cat's meow. :yes:

seadog
11-13-2015, 06:17 PM
The bike and everything on it has exceeded my expectations, the heated grips, the centerstand, the self cancelling turn signal. Everything I have added like the lower driving lights just makes it a whole lot better.

willtill
11-13-2015, 06:20 PM
I'm sticking motorcycle to cager missiles next; on the engine guards. :icon_mrgreen:

Big TP
11-13-2015, 06:26 PM
Hey I"m brand new to this Forum . Just bought a new F6B deluxe. Loving it. Rode HDs for 25 years and may never go back. I did many add ons already but the Ergo II pegs and LED lighting makes me happy:icon_lol:

BigAl1952
11-13-2015, 06:45 PM
Another plus for the center stand. They should have all come with them deluxe or standard. Al

F6B1911
11-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Of all the accessories that either came on your F6b or that you installed, which has exceeded your expectations the most.
For me, it'd have to be the heated grips. Since I bought a standard leftover 2013 new, it didn't come with them but I had the opportunity to buy a used set. WOW, do they ever get warm and put out some serious heat. I love the idea that they have multiple settings. I like them far better than I thought I would. I wouldn't want to live without them this time of year up by Chicago.

Yep, Detroit is not much better, I also installed heated grips, a great addition to increase the riding season, but ...
the Madstad system most exceeded my expectations, probably the best investment I made for the F6B.

Old Ryder
11-13-2015, 07:16 PM
Baker hand wings and lower wings.

Best overall functioning-----Madstad. Works like a barn door shield at a fraction of the size.

Also love my center stand, Helibars, Ultimate Kingrider, Kury Ergo and mini boards and the bunches and bunches of lights.

Biggest mistake was the Kury grips. Wish I had installed heated OEM grips.

Retired Army
11-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Lehman F6B trike kit has defiantly extended my face into the wind time.

Kdarmy
11-13-2015, 09:45 PM
The one single best improvement to the comfort of the ride for myself was the Smart Mount Backrest.:yes:
on a side note...the second best (and probably the cheapest) add on was the foam grip covers...the original grips were just to small for my hands.

Keith

Jimmytee
11-13-2015, 10:21 PM
Probably the single best add on for me was the Helibars. Without them, the bike would have been short lived in my garage. With them, the bike is one e of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden.

BIGLRY
11-13-2015, 10:40 PM
Probably the single best add on for me was the Helibars. Without them, the bike would have been short lived in my garage. With them, the bike is one e of the most comfortable bikes I've ever ridden.+1 then the RDL saddle next.:yes:

shooter
11-13-2015, 11:07 PM
For me , I have bad knees , the Rivco Aero pegs allow me to have two leg positions. With my 109 I'm locked into one position. I don't ride the 9 much anymore. I like to be able to move around.

roaddog
11-13-2015, 11:07 PM
I think the tall wind shield made the riding experience much more enjoyable, also love the vista cruise and the center stand. My wife loves the new back rest best.

I would like a heal toe shifter but haven't found one yet.

Starting to get cabin fever here in Michigan, it's going to be a long winter waiting to ride the new F6.

robrm250
11-14-2015, 12:21 AM
Ultimate seat for sure.

ths61
11-14-2015, 12:39 AM
Brunette backrest ! ! ! :banana:

sshake1905
11-14-2015, 01:26 AM
for me.....probably the three best added items were the tall vented windshield, the Ergo II pegs and the Mustang seat....:yes:

Hornblower
11-14-2015, 08:13 AM
Madstad with Farkle Shelf :yes:

JackB
11-14-2015, 08:27 AM
Of all the accessories the best one has to be a taller windshield. You pick your brand or type, I hated riding fast with the stock W/S. 'gw-smiley''gw-smiley'

DaWadd
11-14-2015, 10:38 AM
Center stand.:yes:

VStarRider
11-14-2015, 11:49 AM
Put me down for the Madstad. I was ready to go with the KlockWerks (which I am sure is fine), but it seems as though the Madstad was a bit more popular on this site…plus, when in Rome…

I leave mine (13" medium gray) up in the highest, most forward tilted position about 90% of the time. Maybe I am ready for a full Wing after all...:shhh:

2015F6B
11-14-2015, 01:13 PM
Depends how you look at it.

For driver comfort, the Show Chrome drivers backrest has to take the cake with the Honda tall windshield running a close second.

For maintenance, hands down it's the center stand.

For safety, the Federal Micropulse Ultra flashing brake light, wouldn't be without it.

fxdl2051
11-14-2015, 07:34 PM
Heated grips, never had 'em before, love 'em. 2nd place, Clearview WS, sure is nice to keep the wind down to a mild breeze 'stead of a dull roar.

ths61
11-14-2015, 07:48 PM
Heated grips, never had 'em before, love 'em. 2nd place, Clearview WS, sure is nice to keep the wind down to a mild breeze 'stead of a dull roar.

Just wait until you try a heated seat in 30 degree weather.

NitroGoose
11-14-2015, 08:36 PM
I never realized how much difference a heated steering wheel made on a cold morning in a car, until I had one. Now that I have heated grips on my bike, I'm not sure I'd want to be without them. Certainly helps extend the riding season.

lloydmoore1
11-14-2015, 09:07 PM
Ergo III pegs for sure and together with the madstad make me one happy rider. The ability to stretch the legs out on a lazy boy and ride like the wind is wicked for the soul.

wiggy
11-14-2015, 09:59 PM
Since I started the thread, I only picked the option that pleasantly surprised me the most. Now many others have chimed in and I thank you for
participating.

With that said, for me a new taller windshield was my first choice of what needed to be done. Although I didn't mind the wind, I couldn't hear the stereo system and that HAD to be corrected. I settled for the Baggershield convertible shield. If I had to do it over, I'd probably go with the Madstad, based on all the satisfied customers.

I also agree that a center stand was a must since I already knew of the benefits from having a Rivco on my Valkyrie Interstates.
It was high on my priority list and got checked off early on with a take off for a trike conversion.

I also replaced the seat with a barely used Mustang Day Tripper, added the Ergo IIIs(couldn't do without being able to extend the riding position for the feet), a bikeMp3 luggage rack and a passenger backrest.

So I now have most of the major bases covered for the first year of ownership. Time to save some money over the winter.

Dirtstiff's F6B
11-14-2015, 10:04 PM
MBL Risers coupled with Show Chrome driver back rest made the sweet spot in my comfort.
Kick ass stereo mod is almost as fun as the horsepower and torque. Funny to watch people start dancing as I pass by.
J

shortleg0521
11-16-2015, 08:14 AM

First was a taller windshield, then ergo 3s so I can rest
my shortlegs someplace. then risers.
I installed real cruise control on my 2013 and it just made a great bike better!
shortleg

choptop
11-16-2015, 06:38 PM
Although it is not an accessory, the radio, first I have ever had on a bike, has exceeded my expectations. Love the Rivco pegs for stretching out the legs, even though I have become comfortable w/the F6b riding position. I never sat on the stock seat so I'm not sure whether the aftermarket one has made a difference. Ascetically the look of the lowering of the bike is something I love. The look of the Madstad is something I am still trying to like, was a fan of the stock one, but no doubt about it, I could never have ridden w/out my hair in a pony tail w/the stock screen. I guess I just like everything about this bike.

BobR
11-16-2015, 07:12 PM

Hey Russ, glad they are working out so well for you.

wiggy
11-17-2015, 10:30 AM
Hey Russ, glad they are working out so well for you.

That they are, Bob. I wasn't sure if it would be proper ettiquette to mention your name but now that you've addressed that, I thank you for such a classy transaction-and also for putting the grips up for sale! I use them every morning up here west of Chicago.

Jayrock
11-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Baker hand wings and lower wings.

Best overall functioning-----Madstad. Works like a barn door shield at a fraction of the size.

Also love my center stand, Helibars, Ultimate Kingrider, Kury Ergo and mini boards and the bunches and bunches of lights.

Biggest mistake was the Kury grips. Wish I had installed heated OEM grips.

What don't you like about the Kury heated grips? I was thinking of getting a pair.

Fla_rider
11-17-2015, 01:30 PM
Kuryakyn Ergo II Hwy Pegs. Had them powdercoated black. COMFORTABLE

hey i did this...

most likely, grip puppies! cost the least and helped the most!

fl1madmax
11-22-2015, 09:16 PM
hey i did this...
most likely, grip puppies! cost the least and helped the most!

Ultimate Seat King, Taller shield, Heli Bar Risers, and Revco Pegs Power coated BLACK .......Love it ! V&H just for High RPM Giggles !!!!!!!!

motozeke
11-24-2015, 01:28 AM
MADSTAD.

+1.

yardart
11-24-2015, 07:17 AM
Taller windshield was a must, Rocky risers got rid of neck and back pain

vmaxed
11-24-2015, 08:13 AM
Hand wings and vented Clearview windshield :yes:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Puy5j14ehHV2AARO6p-KNOpw2ipf8UTFfbj6QPLhQIq34SFpJKPd4Fle_ZuMKUFuYgrBL YfygYOyj44FemQTTDKDdsOwMWX_syxSa3sGWHB8hZW_CtnfQHh KVdJVvi9ErlDsi74Nw-aZYnIp3WUaE8QNlt0jeydJgJzs703LManXT_4w5-4qT6B3h6ji9VK3t-nZsr3k-qIk5NOghZcj5_bvx1ZCG0JohDy-Xfj6W0M9zchzPX6WwhlXacXXFZ3gbT5w5jjYVg5_S_5mR6YKz_ O1rMTESlHbbPeofYgLLO2pSA0732Gkp4Wu9B3pjKwh4bmv8Iix a0n4Lz6a7fUriE_tCh-qO6xXLPTOC3DHfMaTFr0X5cqYp8IBiCTxWGqYtUeuvQmjLGXMD PX7ahLbIfozh-B_YBlA9mGeLSmAWBmazZCCXxzE3Th0Dpg-FG_5l84-Jrobdh8HAT44f3cLLtiZDYMce2Y7Ma7Q114WFfHxlOb3b8W-SYVySDp13eSNhvqM4SC_NtuDZ2D5PNKiUQESgSFJgjJ8W7HqjB 8jXjDY=w1320-h743-no

Ed.."coffee"

Bagger
11-28-2015, 12:02 PM
Windbender windscreen from FireCreek with shelf (had one on the Wing) is terrific! Better than any other windshield I've had.

And ... adding the Bridgestone runflat CT to the rear of the F6. Really like it a great deal.