PDA

View Full Version : Ion Single Shooters Install

kjelders
08-13-2013, 09:27 AM
I had enough time to get the lights installed on the cowl and the cowl put back on the bike. Seemed like the lower cowl was easier to manage than my 07, or maybe I'm use to taken it off and on now. I had to run to Home Depot for the nylon lock nuts as my kit was missing them.

I'll finish the job this evening with putting the EC switch in. I'll post pics afterwards.

F6B-RICH
08-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I will be doing them over the winter they are nice lights.I will be waiting for your pics :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
08-13-2013, 08:37 PM
Pics :popcorn: :popcorn: :icon_biggrin:

kjelders
08-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Pics :popcorn: :popcorn: :icon_biggrin:

F6B-RICH
08-14-2013, 12:02 AM
Cool :headbang: They look good

kjelders
08-14-2013, 12:45 AM
Thanks. While I had things apart, I ran the wire over from my Volt meter and got that working too.

kjelders
08-15-2013, 12:47 PM
I had an interesting conversation with two WA State Troopers who were riding their state ST1300 about the single shooters. One of the officers was admiring my bike while at the dealer getting the left top shelter replaced. He ask me what kind of lights I had for the fog lights. I proceeding to tell him and then turn them on. He said "Wow, if I was a younger trooper, I do believe I would be pulling you over for having "green" lights up front." "The green lights are reserved for volunteer fire departments."

I told him they were yellow/amber not green. He said he may be somewhat color blind, but I would be pulled over by some younger trooper. I guess I will have to see if that happens, as I'm not changing them out.

Scotrod
08-15-2013, 12:56 PM
Did ya tell him if he was younger, he wouldn't be so color blind?!?!?

:icon_biggrin:

Hmm, green = VFD. I can't recall any green lights on any 'Public Service' related vehicles,,, At least not here in TX. Are they green in WA?

I haven't got my 6 yet, but I can tell already I want these Ion shooters! I normally run headlight modulators, but if the Ions 'get ya noticed' in a similar way, I'd MUCH rather have the Ions!!!!!

Are the installation instructions avaialable online?

kjelders
08-15-2013, 03:04 PM
I did tell him that I was glad he wasn't any younger.

It's the first time I ever heard about green lights for VFD.

There are not any online instructions. The instructions that come with the lights are straight forward.

Scotrod
08-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I did find a write up w/pics of the install on another forum. Looks pretty easy!
Thanks!

Steve 0080
08-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Just tell when they are on you are LOOKING for a fire..... WOW some PoPo need to get a life....