https://www.facebook.com/OccupyDemocrats/videos/964786396947748/

Chris

:039:

Phantom
11-16-2015, 01:23 AM

Chris

Too bad we can't ask the recently murdered 129 French citizens if they would have liked to have a gun to return fire.

:banghead:

Bryster
11-16-2015, 05:35 AM

Chris

Geez Cos.... Got a bigger stick to poke them with? :shock:

Wing'n it
11-16-2015, 07:40 AM
Something to think about when the thugs beat you and then they also have your gun and shoot you with it!

stroguy
11-16-2015, 07:44 AM
Too bad we can't ask the recently murdered 129 French citizens if they would have liked to have a gun to return fire.

:banghead:

Yep. Never had a fighting chance.

jm21ddd15
11-16-2015, 07:48 AM
Another reason NOT to visit Austrailia. No way to protect yourself. JMHO

stroguy
11-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Something to think about when the thugs beat you and then they also have your gun and shoot you with it!

Treyvon went nowhere. Another fallacy of the libs is the thugs always win and walk away with the innocents gun. Couldn't be more ridiculous. But again, I'll determine my position and how I am equipped prior to that moment. I know how to use a fire extinguisher pretty damn good. Never had to use one in my 50 plus years, but I am an extinguisher expert.

RuneRider66
11-16-2015, 08:25 AM
Dont get me started!!!!! You freaks

Is the issue all the people killed with the guns??? Must be, thats all you want to talk about...

You can take my guns WHEN YOU OUTLAW CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOL They kill more people independently of each other then all the gun deaths.

So if its all the people killed that is the concern....please all you who stand up and bitch and complain about the deaths from guns.... I WILL LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU WITH AS MUCH VIGOR STAND UP AND TALK ABOUT ALL THE DEATHS FROM THESE TWO SUBSTANCES.

Now, why dont we get back to motorcycles!!!!!!

jm21ddd15
11-16-2015, 08:56 AM
I'm with you. Rather talk motorcycles, but this particular thread was started about a Non-Motorcycle issue, so the responses are okay.

stroguy
11-16-2015, 09:05 AM
I'm with you. Rather talk motorcycles, but this particular thread was started about a Non-Motorcycle issue, so the responses are okay.

Absolutely right. This is in the off topic section, don't enter and you will be just fine. A few of our friends from down under posted a funny video about gun obsession. I cannot argue the fact that I love guns. But this isn't a gun issue in this country. It is a culture of crime issue. The implement of the crime cannot be blamed. And I pose the question again, why do Australian police still carry hand guns?

RuneRider66
11-16-2015, 09:08 AM
Seriously! Come on! I hear gun control folks jump up and speak with vigor and disdain for those of us with guns. But I never EVER hear them jump up and talk about the nearly 5000 teenagers killed by alcohol every year....Those are our sons and daughters!!!! That doesnt account for anything else...thats just TEENAGERS!

So whats their agenda?

If they want to be fair and accurate, which they dont. They would be screaming at the top of their lungs about the deaths to the children of this country by alcohol.

So when people start this kind of thread and have never started a thread regarding any of the above their credibility goes right out the window.

If the arguement is number of people killed....which is seems to be.....they are way down the pecking order.

RuneRider66
11-16-2015, 09:12 AM
My mistake. I entered the thread because it was on the recent threads on the home page. I didnt realize that it was an off topic post.

My thoughts remain the same.

But I will jump back over to the motorcycle topics.

Have a great week all.

Retired Army
11-16-2015, 09:20 AM
Destruction of human life in the name of religion regardless of the method is attracting attention at an alarming rate. Perhaps philosophy control would work?

opas ride
11-16-2015, 09:25 AM
The world has always been an "ugly place" filled with violence and death since Adam and Eve....Suck it up and deal with life the best you can as nothing is going to change or get better until the end!!!....Enjoy everyday and live it to the fullest.....Ride safe

shooter
11-16-2015, 10:08 AM
And I'm sitting here wondering why a thug had your gun and you're still alive. Cause I'm not giving him my gun. He's gonna have to kill me to take it. May as well die fighting rather than begging.

Bill1584
11-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Destruction of human life in the name of religion regardless of the method is attracting attention at an alarming rate. Perhaps philosophy control would work?

Good one. I think the guns have not so much to do with the problem as philosophy. And I think that 'philosophy control' is exactly what ISIS is attempting. That which evolved to form modern western civilization pretty much invented the concept of medieval behavior, so their crude displays are not particularly shocking or threatening. We just need to get back to our roots in dealing with them. By 'we' I mean everyone who isn't them. Time for a few other affected parties to step up and get a little bit medieval with ISIS.

Bob Penn
11-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Far more people are killed and maimed by people talking on cell phones not to mention texting while they are driving then those killed with guns. Heck, today you can't hardly walk through Wal-Marts without having someone walk into you. That really scares me especially when I'm carrying an arm full of groceries. Consider the risk you take when you ride tour bike on the highway.
When are people going to learn you can't stop anything by passing laws limiting access to anything. That has been proven over and over again. Just look at alcohol in the 30's or drugs today. All it does is drive the price up, creating yet another product for organized crime to get rich on. If people want it they are going to get it. Guns aren't hard to make. I can remember making Zip-guns out of cap pistols when I was 12 or 13 years old. So don't think you can stop guns by banning them.
Laws only work after the fact.
If 1 or 2 people in France had been armed, the nuts would have had to take cover limiting their ability to shoot so many unhampered and giving time for the police to arrive.
To address the contributor's concerns that the perpetrator is going to use my gun to shoot me I can only say he had better advise them to bring their own ammunition because I would have used mine all up trying to stop them from taking my gun.
What I don't understand is why a million immigrants (with the possible exception of women with children) are running away from only 10 thousand nuts. Unless of course they are unarmed!

stroguy
11-16-2015, 12:17 PM
And I'm sitting here wondering why a thug had your gun and you're still alive. Cause I'm not giving him my gun. He's gonna have to kill me to take it. May as well die fighting rather than begging.

10-4. I like to ask my newly naturalized citizen neighbor that is die hard 'too many guns' a simple question. If I stumbled upon your beautiful daughter, who was taking a simple walk through the park, being beaten and raped by some thug at gunpoint.......would you want me to have a stick, a bible, a phone or a gun?

valkmc
11-16-2015, 12:30 PM
Dont get me started!!!!! You freaks

Is the issue all the people killed with the guns??? Must be, thats all you want to talk about...

You can take my guns WHEN YOU OUTLAW CIGARETTES AND ALCOHOL They kill more people independently of each other then all the gun deaths.

So if its all the people killed that is the concern....please all you who stand up and bitch and complain about the deaths from guns.... I WILL LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU WITH AS MUCH VIGOR STAND UP AND TALK ABOUT ALL THE DEATHS FROM THESE TWO SUBSTANCES.

Now, why dont we get back to motorcycles!!!!!!

They can ply my Guinness Blonde Ale from my cold dead fingers!!!!

Steve 0080
11-16-2015, 02:57 PM
" I had to post this "

Really ?? 'popcorn and coke'

ths61
11-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Cos is entitled to his own opinion (I think that is still allowed in Aussieland ?), even if it is to :stirthepot:.

I met an Aussie gun owner on a ride this weekend. His opinion of the Aussie gun laws were a little different than that of the comedian in the clip. He also noted that bangers still had plenty of guns in Aussieland irrespective of their strict gun laws.

The comedian makes fun of so called "protection rifles". The first time I had to use a "protection rifle" to save a life was when I was a teenager. Guess what, it worked and subsequently stopped the rash of bad behavior that was developing in the neighborhood. The victim targeted that night by the bad guy lived to a ripe old age and died in her own bed of natural causes thanks to a "protection rifle".

For some reason, some people forget that inanimate objects don't kill people. People kill people.

GNW
11-16-2015, 04:29 PM
" I had to post this "

Really ?? 'popcorn and coke'

Well, well, well Cosborn just had to give it another go.
He started a thread 6-19-2015 and you would think he heard enough about guns and what we think in America.
Go figure ????
GUNS ARE GOOD TO HAVE !!!

shooter
11-16-2015, 06:45 PM
If the OP thinks that they are gonna take our guns he is sadly mistaken. This country was built on revolution and there are still enough Patriots that it can happen again. The rest of the world might give em up like a bunch of pansies , that ain't happening here. Isis and what not can terrorize a bunch unarmed people. That shyt won't fly over here.

BigAl1952
11-16-2015, 10:45 PM
I wanna see them take the guns from the people in the swamps in the south and from the northern part of Idaho where there are certain pro white groups. Im sure there is also other places they would have fun getting ahold of the guns. Like my house. Al

MisterB
11-17-2015, 02:54 AM
I don't own a gun but the world is pushing me towards the possibility.
Comparing the US to Australia makes for some funny jokes about guns, but ultimately we are 2 completely different countries separated by, well, most of the planet.
A major factor in gun violence that needs to be reduced is guns in the hands of the wrong people.
Who are these wrong people?
Criminals, unstable gun owners, irresponsible gun owners.
Here is a map of St. Louis that shows exactly where some members of the above groups were in 2015 when their gun went off.
http://www.stltoday.com/news/multimedia/special/st-louis-area-homicide-map/html_aac4a83d-2729-58b6-9abe-158e8affa085.html
I include any children who accidentally discharge a gun in the Irresponsible Gun Owners group due to their parents failings.

#1. Criminals - We'll never get rid of them. We put them behind bars then let them out for good behavior or over-crowding.
#2. Unstable Gun Owners - Who's to decide? Also, some folks are fine all of their life and then turn googly-eyed and start shooting.
#3. Irresponsible Gun Owners - This one could be easy if people were honest with themselves.
-----Do you know where your wallet and your keys are at all times?
-----Do you ever forget stuff in your car?
-----Do you understand the idea of best practices but only follow them when it's convenient?
-----Do you ever spin your gun on your finger like a gunfighter from a spaghetti western?
-----Do you believe that your kid could never get up to that top shelf?
#4. Regular, responsible gun owners.

The "wrong people" certainly make up a minority of gun owners, unfortunately their actions get all the press.
Let's say, just for argument, that it's a 10/10/10/70% split. It would be a shit-ton of work, but if we rounded up all of the registered guns that would take guns out of the hands of groups 2,3,and 4 and leave them in the hands of the criminals. That's what they DO. Crime.
How about put all of that effort into locking up the criminals?
As long as we keep applying the same-old same-old to the criminals nothing will change.
We are a nation in distress.

During this time of the year I quietly thank all the deer hunters for their efforts. There are so many deer around here that if you took away all the guns it would be impossible to use the roads within 10 years.

cosborn
11-17-2015, 03:03 PM
Guys, Guys, Guys.

I didn't post this in a malicious way, i simply found it amusing, and highlights the difference in our cultures which isn't saying that we are right and you are wrong, or you are right and we are wrong, simply saying that our cultures are different.
Yes, most of our Police forces carry pistols now, not all of them though, we have the same problems as all other countries with multi racial societies, such as criminals, Ice etc.

Please accept this in the humorous light that it was intended, If I've ruffled a few feathers, I'm sorry.

We still love ya

Chris

stroguy
11-17-2015, 04:41 PM
The problem with comedian hacks is that they get a free pass to spread ignorance and crap just because it's humor. When jimmy fallon played the song lying ass bitch when Michelle Bachmann was introduced is ok, because it's all in humor right? The people walking from this hacks performance think they are smarter for being there when they are actually two steps behind an ignorant jackass.

Bill1584
11-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Guys, Guys, Guys.

I didn't post this in a malicious way, i simply found it amusing, and highlights the difference in our cultures which isn't saying that we are right and you are wrong, or you are right and we are wrong, simply saying that our cultures are different.
Yes, most of our Police forces carry pistols now, not all of them though, we have the same problems as all other countries with multi racial societies, such as criminals, Ice etc.

Please accept this in the humorous light that it was intended, If I've ruffled a few feathers, I'm sorry.

We still love ya

Chris

I can't believe that our cultures are all that different. The differences pointed in the video are not primarily cultural, but legal. In every country I know about, gun ownership is a privilege. In the US, gun ownership is a constitutionally guaranteed right. Handed down from our founding fathers for good, sound reasons. Guns are simply a fact here. The majority of people in the US do not view guns as some kind of hot-button topic, unless serious, credible anti-gun political rhetoric surfaces. Then, obviously so. Our electoral process should demonstrate this sufficiently.

Gun stewardship is a serious but separate matter, alluded to previously. I am aware that our system isn't perfect, and that a few individuals can give us a black eye from time to time. My influence in my environment is exactly the same as yours. I can take care of my family, friends, property, etc. as best I can using anything at my disposal, material or otherwise. The laws governing the US are not the same as those of Australia, and never will be.

All that said, the video is pretty funny. I remember seeing it, or one by the same guy, during the limoles and bigbird times. It does not represent a threat to me or to my way of life, as the subject refers to a constitutionally guaranteed right, and not some kind of decision the President makes once a year. The audience heard laughing in approval is also not offensive or threatening to me. I am gonna wake up each day and do things I have always done, the way I have always done them, regardless of what anyone on any continent thinks about it. Just not a threat.

I am somewhat confused by the timing of the post, and by the notion that it was somehow necessary. Considering the target audience, I kinda disagree. But hey, knock yourself out.

shooter
11-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Very well said Bill.

Steve 0080
11-17-2015, 06:06 PM
+1... Great write up Bill....

GNW
11-17-2015, 06:19 PM
I bought some more 357 Mag bullets today.
I had plenty really, but it's just the thing to do.
You can never have enough!
I am in group #4.

shooter
11-17-2015, 09:45 PM
I'm #4 also , but leaning toward #2 slightly.shot his foot

shooter
11-17-2015, 09:47 PM
I bought some more 357 Mag bullets today.
I had plenty really, but it's just the thing to do.
You can never have enough!
I am in group #4.

What is plenty? Can you put a number on it? I'm running out of places to put it.

ths61
11-17-2015, 11:20 PM
Stocked up at the last gun show. Got there early and got a volume discount, but now have less room in the garage for the B. :icon_lol:

shooter
11-18-2015, 04:51 AM
HEY!!! That's a picture of my basement.

willtill
11-18-2015, 06:41 AM
My munitions dump in my crawlspace. :icon_lol:

This pic does not represent it well enough... :icon_mrgreen:

http://i66.tinypic.com/22dled.jpg

GNW
11-18-2015, 09:51 AM
My munitions dump in my crawlspace. :icon_lol:

This pic does not represent it well enough... :icon_mrgreen:

http://i66.tinypic.com/22dled.jpg

Now that is quite a CACHE !!
Back to the store.

grendl
11-18-2015, 09:03 PM
Ok,I am not really into debating most of what people describe as "issues" these days and guns are certainly not one of my hot buttons as far as me being happy in life. But I am just too curious. Under what scenario will you need that many bullets !?
Maybe I am missing something and don't mean to ruffle your feathers but WTF is going to happen that we need that much ammo?

ths61
11-18-2015, 09:41 PM
Can go through a lot of ammo at the range, especially if the family and/or friends go with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j0eJ0xB7LU

stroguy
11-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Ok,I am not really into debating most of what people describe as "issues" these days and guns are certainly not one of my hot buttons as far as me being happy in life. But I am just too curious. Under what scenario will you need that many bullets !?
Maybe I am missing something and don't mean to ruffle your feathers but WTF is going to happen that we need that much ammo?

I understand you and others no comprendo, but ammo is just as much an investment as gold and silver is to me. I shoot nearly 500 rounds of 9MM a month, so the math is.............? And all of my other thousands of rounds of other calibers are there for just in case. No ruffled feathers. Great question.

Steve 0080
11-18-2015, 10:26 PM
On November 16, ABC Net published comments of Australian Senator David Leyonhjelm warning the US to steer clear of Australian-style gun controls, which he said have turned Australia into a “nation of victims.”

Leyonhjelm said the 1996 gun controls instituted by PM John Howard have made “no difference” in the behavior of criminals. The only difference now is that armed criminals have the benefit of going against unarmed victims.

According to ABC Net, Leyonhjelm said, “The criminals still have guns. There’s a very vigorous black market for guns, so it’s not made the slightest bit of difference.”

In an interview the with NRA’s Ginney Simone, Leyonhjelm explained that that Howard’s 1996 gun ban was framed in the trappings of a gun buyback but was really “a confiscation with compensation program.” And besides taking 650,000 guns away from Australians, the action “removed the right to own a gun in any state in Australia for self-defense.” Thus the birth of the “nation of victims.”

Leyonhjelm said, “You cannot own a gun for self-defense. It doesn’t matter what the circumstances, doesn’t matter how big the threat, you cannot defend yourself.”

On October 16 Democrat presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton suggested the Australian gun ban model was “worth looking at” as it relates to gun policy in the U.S.

shooter
11-18-2015, 10:34 PM
Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Ammo shortages have been rampant the last 6 or 8 years. I've got buddies coming by saying "we can't find any 22 LR". Wow , bad deal. I don't tell them I have 20,000 rounds. What am I gonna do with that? I can feed my family a long time with that many 22's. The bigger calibers are for bigger game. Have you heard of Ferguson. Yeah that's just up the road. Lots of reasons. Best one? I refuse to be a victim.

Denase
11-18-2015, 10:56 PM
Wow COS that was too easy.:shock:

willtill
11-19-2015, 06:32 AM

For target practice; in which you could consume quite a bit; depending on how much fun you're having. :icon_mrgreen:

For times when popular caliber(s) of ammunition is in short supply; and you can still go shoot; without having to ration each shot.

It's a tangible investment and holds it's value.

I may not ever shoot it all. But it is not a threat to anyone; to maintain a large surplus of ammo. It's harmless just sitting there.

Your 4,000 pound missile (automobile) on wheels with gasoline in its tank; is more of a threat to public safety if you become careless or complacent with it; as opposed to what is stashed away in my crawlspace :icon_wink:

stroguy
11-19-2015, 08:28 AM
Cos is entitled to his own opinion (I think that is still allowed in Aussieland ?), even if it is to :stirthepot:.

I met an Aussie gun owner on a ride this weekend. His opinion of the Aussie gun laws were a little different than that of the comedian in the clip. He also noted that bangers still had plenty of guns in Aussieland irrespective of their strict gun laws.

The comedian makes fun of so called "protection rifles". The first time I had to use a "protection rifle" to save a life was when I was a teenager. Guess what, it worked and subsequently stopped the rash of bad behavior that was developing in the neighborhood. The victim targeted that night by the bad guy lived to a ripe old age and died in her own bed of natural causes thanks to a "protection rifle".

For some reason, some people forget that inanimate objects don't kill people. People kill people.

Tim, delete some messages, I cannot reply to you.

ths61
11-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Tim, delete some messages, I cannot reply to you.
Done

fxdl2051
11-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Here we go...

shooter
11-20-2015, 08:57 PM
Here we go...

Oh , come on. Its been at least a month or so.

stroguy
11-20-2015, 10:21 PM
My wife told me to stop saying that same thing.

shooter
11-20-2015, 11:14 PM
My wife told me to stop saying that same thing.

Didn't know you were married again. #5 or #6??.

Miks
12-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Back in WWII, the Japanese considered invading America and actually had put plans together. HOWEVER, because they knew these crazy American people own guns, they knew there would never be a way to invade the land.

True story told to me by a WWII vet that served in the Pacific. I did some research, there is some interesting consequences to people having the right to own a gun.

Seems to me that most of these shootings take place in a state that has very strict gun laws, and/or "gun free zones" as there isn't anyone who is going to pull a gun on THEM!

I have spent a lot of time in Mexico...where gun ownership is very restricted, and guess who is murdering everyone? The thugs that have guns. High crime rates, plenty of bystanders getting killed by guns, so what does one do?

I recall...and you can research this yourself, but when the Nazi's took over the country, the first thing to be collected was the civilians that owned guns. I am not an NRA member, nor do I own guns myself but understand why the right to own a gun is written into the founding documents of the country.

Steve 0080
12-04-2015, 10:25 PM
You my friend have three choices....Run , Hide , or Fight .... Make your mind up now for what you want to do because the untrained will just stand there, piss themselves and die.....

ths61
12-05-2015, 02:58 AM
Back in WWII, the Japanese considered invading America and actually had put plans together. HOWEVER, because they knew these crazy American people own guns, they knew there would never be a way to invade the land.

True story told to me by a WWII vet that served in the Pacific. I did some research, there is some interesting consequences to people having the right to own a gun.

Seems to me that most of these shootings take place in a state that has very strict gun laws, and/or "gun free zones" as there isn't anyone who is going to pull a gun on THEM!

I have spent a lot of time in Mexico...where gun ownership is very restricted, and guess who is murdering everyone? The thugs that have guns. High crime rates, plenty of bystanders getting killed by guns, so what does one do?

I recall...and you can research this yourself, but when the Nazi's took over the country, the first thing to be collected was the civilians that owned guns. I am not an NRA member, nor do I own guns myself but understand why the right to own a gun is written into the founding documents of the country.

Rent the movie, "Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire" and you will probably learn a little history. You will learn that some of our anti-2A gun laws originated from the WWII Nuremberg trails (took a few lessons from Adolf). You will learn the reason for gun registration as demonstrated during Katrina and a few other things.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2520398/

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81j2gPQ8IPL._SY500_.jpg

cosborn
12-05-2015, 07:02 PM
I thought my original post would have died a natural death by now.

Chris

stroguy
12-05-2015, 07:41 PM
I thought my original post would have died a natural death by now.

Chris

They took all our guns........we can't put it out of our misery.