PDA

View Full Version : Ram Mount Garmin Zumo 590

pitcherd
11-17-2015, 12:59 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of there garmin 590 mounted to the handlebars?

Darryl

Fla_rider
11-17-2015, 01:26 PM
my gps is suction cupped to the windscreen for HUD! :shhh: but I have a double RAM ball mount on my left side handle bar.

Steve 0080
11-17-2015, 02:58 PM
Here ya go...

pitcherd
11-17-2015, 06:32 PM
After a little trial an error I got it all squared away and all the wires hidden. Looks great, just need to get some pics.

zeus661
11-17-2015, 07:28 PM
Not a Zumo but I have traveled across the country many times with my Garmin Monterra.

F6bisnext
11-18-2015, 06:42 AM
Does the handlebar mount put the gps too close to your face? Is it easy to change the info on the screen? I like mine dead center, but can't find a mount that would do this with my setup with the Klockwerks. This has been a big issue for me. I love to ride with a GPS as my eyes aren't fantastic and it's how I know the names of the streets coming up. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

carpdm
11-18-2015, 08:20 AM
Not a Zumo but I have traveled across the country many times with my Garmin Monterra.

It looks like you tapped into the handlebar. Great idea!!! Can you post pic without the mount attached? And, post a brief explanation of what you did?

tmac99
11-18-2015, 10:30 AM
Does the handlebar mount put the gps too close to your face? Is it easy to change the info on the screen? I like mine dead center, but can't find a mount that would do this with my setup with the Klockwerks. This has been a big issue for me. I love to ride with a GPS as my eyes aren't fantastic and it's how I know the names of the streets coming up. Any suggestions / advice would be appreciated.

F6BisNext - As you can see from my photos, I mounted my Garmin using a stock RAM mount that screws into the clutch reservoir bracket with one additional mount to raise it a few inches. I find that this is not too close to me (but of course everyone's eyes are different) and is in a good position for left handed use. I had thought of trying to get it mounted dead center, but it was a little harder, and since I have it on the left side, I am used to it now and will leave it there. I ran the power wires down along the handlebars and to the back of the left hand cubby to hook it up to the 12V power that is right behind that cubby. This routing also lets you connect the audio output into the F6B audio in that is also in that vicinity (I didn't do this because I use a bluetooth helmet (Sena 10 - works great with both the Garmin and my iPhone).

F6bisnext
11-18-2015, 04:21 PM
If my buddy can't fabricate a dead center mount I might go this route. Thanks for the input.

ths61
11-18-2015, 04:27 PM
If my buddy can't fabricate a dead center mount I might go this route. Thanks for the input.

Here are some center console installs.

Installed-Zumo-590LM-on-center-console (http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?3235-Installed-Zumo-590LM-on-center-console)

Travelor
11-18-2015, 06:07 PM
Does anyone have any pictures of there garmin 590 mounted to the handlebars?

Darryl

Darryl - here is a center mount solution you might be interested in. If so, PM me for details.
Ride safe.
Bill

Travelor
11-18-2015, 06:11 PM

F6bisnext - I think we may have communicated previously - here is a solution for your "center mount GPS". Should clear the Klockwerks screen, I use it with a C Bailey screen with the vent and there are no clearance problems. Been on the bike for over 8,000 miles, no issues.
Bill

F6bisnext
11-19-2015, 06:31 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate all the input. Still looking for what I think the perfect solution is. Some great ideas!

Baytown
11-20-2015, 09:55 PM
G;Day FLA;
How clear is the HUD GPS on your bike, both day and night?
What make is it and what screen are your running?
You just gave me the idea of fitting one to my bike. It sounds great and a good option re GPS.
Im running a Klockwerks dark flare screen so just wondering about fit and reflective ability.
I have been trying to work out best options for fitting my Garmin Zumo, but dislike RAM mounts sticking out all over the bike. Other option was mounting it to my center console lid with 4 small bolts, so the holder and power supply remain in situ but I could remove the GPS at will. It also is central in view and clears the bars on full lock.
Any info and even better, pictures are welcomed mate.
Thanks FLA.
Ken

my gps is suction cupped to the windscreen for HUD! :shhh: but I have a double RAM ball mount on my left side handle bar.