PDA

View Full Version : Rough Ride

Richie
08-13-2013, 11:00 AM
I did some riding yesterday on rough roads, not off road just roads with bumps. I found the f6 quite harsh for most of the ride(was riding two up) is this normal? Tires 40/40.
Will a trax shocks improve the ride or just the handling?

Richie

bobbyf6b
08-13-2013, 11:03 AM
Was it bottoming out? You might want to add pre-load to the shock. There's an adjuster behind the right side panel under the seat.

Texas TC
08-13-2013, 11:27 AM
40/40 tire pressure will extend the life of the tires. Conversely, it provides for a rough ride. Personally, I will live with a bit more feel of the road to extend the lfe of my tires. Your choice.

Steve 0080
08-13-2013, 11:39 AM
Yep !! I'll bet your rear shock is on full hard....move it till there are 4 lines showing and try that....you have to open the saddle bag to get the side cover off.....roll shock off till 4 lines is showing....good luck !!!

bobbyf6b
08-13-2013, 12:40 PM
I believe they all come stock on the softest setting (mine did). More pre-load needs to be added so it doesn't bottom out.

michaels
08-13-2013, 02:08 PM
Coming from a Yamaha FJR i notice the firmness of the ride comes the the long length of the handle bars...where i didnt notice it on the FJR on the same roads.

ddoug
08-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Wife and I just finished a 3974 mile trip over many types of road surface. I ended up 4 clicks from full soft, to prevent any bottoming out ; which my wife absolutely hates when it happens. We weigh 330lbs together ;plus about 30 lbs of gear.

Richie
08-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Thanks for all the help............Richie

hondabikepro
08-17-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for all the help............Richie

I had the same problem with my rear shock, the f6b runs a stiffer spring then the pre 2012 goldwings. but it is not stiff enough for me. called progressive they said the goldwing spring will not fit. so i ordered one to see why it would not work.. well it will bolt wright on and is stiffer then the stock spring. it works very good now with half preload. the only thing is you have to pull the fuel tank, and have the progressive tool to remove the old spring. we do these all the time, it takes about 2.6 hours to do, but you need to run the fuel level low to make removal of the tank easier. the progressive spring has a larger wire size. dale

timjoebob
08-17-2013, 07:22 PM
I'm finding my ride a bit rough, too. But I believe my front shock is quite firm because I'm feeling a "bouncing" feeling up front on irregular pavement. My rear shock is set nearly to the softest setting, so I'm gonna firm it up to see if that helps.