PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Indian is trying to attract new riders

Old Ryder
11-18-2015, 07:47 AM
The new Scout Sixty

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/scout-sixty-thunder-black?utm_campaign=ind_1511_scoutsixty_us&utm_source=ind_et_em&utm_medium=email

willtill
11-18-2015, 08:24 AM
Girl's bike. :shhh:

Old Ryder
11-18-2015, 08:36 AM
Girl's bike. :shhh:

But I didn't want to say it. The full size Scout is on fast Mama Jamma. I guess they had to slow it down for a reason.

JGF6B
11-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Smart move by Indian. A gateway bike. The first lower priced Indian? Will take away Sportster sales.

BIGLRY
11-18-2015, 10:42 AM
Anyone notice the resemblance of the rear fender an tail light to a VTX1800 "C" rear fender an light?
http://polaris.hs.llnwd.net/o40/ind/2016/img/vehicles/overview/new-model-pages/photos/scout-sixty/photo-7.jpg
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l1024/m/m7lYq0DZklO4EvmAMlHfXYw.jpg
http://xchoppers.com/g/d/15879-2/10_5-on-1800C.jpg

waynerock66
11-18-2015, 11:35 AM
Love my sons Scout. And it is very fast and comfortable. This might be a good seller for Indian.

gandydancer
11-18-2015, 10:00 PM
Good looking bike--would be fun around town---back fender does match the VTX---

fxdl2051
11-20-2015, 04:31 PM
The VTX is way better looking than the Scout, maybe they should have asked Honda to design it for them.

ths61
11-20-2015, 04:39 PM
But I didn't want to say it. The full size Scout is on fast Mama Jamma. I guess they had to slow it down for a reason.

http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/15_indian_scout.jpg

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2014/09/article/dynoed-2015-indian-scout-horsepowertorque/

taxfree4
11-20-2015, 05:07 PM
If that's a girls bike then sign me up and give me a pink helmet because that bike will smoke the pig sportster that I own. It's power to weight ratio is better than the Porsche. In just 2 years they have evolved that bike, which takes Harley decades, AND it's liquid cooled. Once you go liquid you never go back, unless you miss that warm feeling in your groin, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

BIGLRY
11-20-2015, 05:46 PM
If that's a girls bike then sign me up and give me a pink helmet because that bike will smoke the pig sportster that I own. It's power to weight ratio is better than the Porsche. In just 2 years they have evolved that bike, which takes Harley decades, AND it's liquid cooled. Once you go liquid you never go back, unless you miss that warm feeling in your groin, "Not that there's anything wrong with that."I have to agree with ya on that one.:yes:
http://images.motorcycle-usa.com/PhotoGallerys/15_indian_scout_vs_HDsport_.jpg

1951vbs
11-21-2015, 08:28 AM

The Scout is a winner for Indian. I know because I sell them and true the Scout has class leading performance, but don't be afraid to race one. They are quite a bit slower than the F6B:

Scout 12.12@112
F6B 11.47@116

If you don't know drag racing .65/second doesn't sound like much but it is. The F6 is almost a second and a half faster than the 1200 Sportster:

1200 Sportster 12.93@102

Zoom......zoom...........:039:

willtill
11-21-2015, 08:38 AM
The Scout is a winner for Indian. I know because I sell them and true the Scout has class leading performance, but don't be afraid to race one. They are quite a bit slower than the F6B:

Scout 12.12@112
F6B 11.47@116

If you don't know drag racing .65/second doesn't sound like much but it is. The F6 is almost a second and a half faster than the 1200 Sportster:

1200 Sportster 12.93@102

Zoom......zoom...........:039:

Of course you would be compelled remark that... you wouldn't be able to sell them if you didn't. :icon_lol: It's not like you're biased or anything like that. :shhh:

I stand by my assertion that the Indian Scout and it's derivatives are girl's bikes. Sure they are fun to ride... but have you ever rode one? I have.

Most of us would need to have front foot control extensions installed (they're available as an option) but don't come standard. The bike is cramped. It is little. I do make these observations of course; after coming off a Victory Vision and a Triumph Rocket 3. The F6B is no lightweight either.

So if you want a little scoot that has a small gas tank, is lightweight and has space to put a basket on the front handlebars... go for it. :icon_mrgreen:

Travelor
11-21-2015, 09:15 AM
Of course you would be compelled remark that... you wouldn't be able to sell them if you didn't. :icon_lol: It's not like you're biased or anything like that. :shhh:

I stand by my assertion that the Indian Scout and it's derivatives are girl's bikes. Sure they are fun to ride... but have you ever rode one? I have.

Most of us would need to have front foot control extensions installed (they're available as an option) but don't come standard. The bike is cramped. It is little. I do make these observations of course; after coming off a Victory Vision and a Triumph Rocket 3. The F6B is no lightweight either.

So if you want a little scoot that has a small gas tank, is lightweight and has space to put a basket on the front handlebars... go for it. :icon_mrgreen:

Wow!! Opinions are like azzholes; everybody has one and some have an extra they continually talk out of. Life treating you wrong?????? I wonder if there are any negative opinions out there about our perfect F6B's? No, that couldn't be, our ride is the only one worthy of being ridden by real men!

willtill
11-21-2015, 09:56 AM
Wow!! Opinions are like azzholes; everybody has one and some have an extra they continually talk out of. Life treating you wrong?????? I wonder if there are any negative opinions out there about our perfect F6B's? No, that couldn't be, our ride is the only one worthy of being ridden by real men!

And your perception of reality really bites your azz hard doesn't it. Hurts a bit? Unneccessarily I might add? :icon_lol:

We're talking about the pro's and con's of a a particular bike and trying to inject a little humor in a post over it. And YOU have to start a personal attack over it. Insecure much my friend? :poke:

I like all bikes. Some more.. than others.

Get it? :icon_rolleyes:

Travelor
11-21-2015, 10:59 AM
And your perception of reality really bites your azz hard doesn't it. Hurts a bit? Unneccessarily I might add? :icon_lol:

We're talking about the pro's and con's of a a particular bike and trying to inject a little humor in a post over it. And YOU have to start a personal attack over it. Insecure much my friend? :poke:

I like all bikes. Some more.. than others.

Get it? :icon_rolleyes:

I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that you are the only one allowed to express an opinion – “Of course you would be compelled remark that... you wouldn't be able to sell them if you didn't. It's not like you're biased or anything like that.”. That sure sounds like a personal attack to me.
And you were not simply discussing “pro’s & cons”, you made a flat-out assertion that “…the Scout and it’s derivatives are girl’s bikes.”. And because you have ridden one, that makes your statement fact? There might be a rider or two out there who has ridden an F6b and thinks that it is a fat, overweight, slow and poor handling old man’s bike. Not me, and not you, but if they stated it as fact you would be at the head of the line to call them out.

It’s not a reality or insecurity issue (although you certainly seem a little tender), it’s simply about you continuing to make negative opinions (stated as facts) about almost everything. You should read all your posts sometime – you seem to be very angry at the world, everyone treats you bad, they don’t know anything, they just rip you off, blah, blah, blah. And before you attack me for this, maybe you should reread your own “life quote” on the forum as well – it says a lot about you.
Now I’m sure that you’re all pissed off, and will continue to play the victim and try to put the blame for it back on me, but that’s your problem. Nothing more needs to be said, and won't be.

willtill
11-21-2015, 11:19 AM
I’m sorry, I didn’t understand that you are the only one allowed to express an opinion – “Of course you would be compelled remark that... you wouldn't be able to sell them if you didn't. It's not like you're biased or anything like that.”. That sure sounds like a personal attack to me.
And you were not simply discussing “pro’s & cons”, you made a flat-out assertion that “…the Scout and it’s derivatives are girl’s bikes.”. And because you have ridden one, that makes your statement fact? There might be a rider or two out there who has ridden an F6b and thinks that it is a fat, overweight, slow and poor handling old man’s bike. Not me, and not you, but if they stated it as fact you would be at the head of the line to call them out.

It’s not a reality or insecurity issue (although you certainly seem a little tender), it’s simply about you continuing to make negative opinions (stated as facts) about almost everything. You should read all your posts sometime – you seem to be very angry at the world, everyone treats you bad, they don’t know anything, they just rip you off, blah, blah, blah. And before you attack me for this, maybe you should reread your own “life quote” on the forum as well – it says a lot about you.
Now I’m sure that you’re all pissed off, and will continue to play the victim and try to put the blame for it back on me, but that’s your problem. Nothing more needs to be said, and won't be.

What are you, the board censor? :icon_lol:

You make a lot of assumptions; all which are incorrect. :nono:

I am very happy and content in my life. It's just the assholes I encounter whom "occasionally" try to rock the boat. You know how that goes... :icon_wink:

You need to go for a ride. get your knee's in the wind. You seemed to be wound up pretty tight. :shhh:

If you don't like what I post, quit reading my posts.

I think the forum has an ignore feature. So use it. :039:

Now back on topic: The Scout is a girl's bike. IMHO. 'all/right'

TnHeath
11-21-2015, 11:56 AM

Wierd-o-rama!

Old Ryder
11-21-2015, 12:53 PM
Wierd-o-rama!

:lolup:

I do think the "Mini-Scout" is made for new riders and ---yea--maybe girls. (Hence, the name of the thread)

The reduced price and smaller engine is there for a reason. Having ridden the full size Scout, I will stand by my comment---it is nimble and fast. Like Will, I too have had my issues with Polaris, but they do make a quality
mota-sickle in my opinion. My beef is the way they--and their dealers treat their customers. But that was with the Victory brand. Not sure how Indian falls in there. Talking to the guys at the Indian tent back in Daytona, they cannot build the Scout fast enough. They must be doing something right. They sure do seem to be growing.

ths61
11-21-2015, 09:51 PM

WillTill, your comments remind me of a joke?

What does a moped and a fat chick have in common ? :shock:

BTW, I sat on one today (not a fat chick) and it was too small for me. The dealer said the 60 was for new riders that didn't have throttle control mastered yet.

BIGLRY
11-22-2015, 01:51 AM
What does a moped and a fat chick have in common ? :shock:

Now there is one I haven't heard in a while.
They're both fun to ride until your friends find out.:icon_laugh::yes:

gandydancer
11-23-2015, 10:10 PM
Thanks Larry--had forgot the punch line to that old joke----"put a little basket on the front of it"--reckon I best take my little basket off the f6b-----:icon_biggrin: