PDA

View Full Version : OKC in December?

stroguy
11-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Have to attend a school by the airport from the 1st through the 15th. Would like to take the bike but don't know typical weather conditions in early December. Not worried about cold but more snow and ice on the roads.

Extended forecast looks pretty good, but.............

okf6b
11-18-2015, 09:20 AM
"Typical" is not an adjective normally used for Oklahoma weather. :icon_lol: But I'd say it's a safe bet to ride. Just keep an eye on the forecast. It can be 60 one day and cold and icy the next.

stroguy
11-18-2015, 12:01 PM
You are correct. I have spent a lot of time visiting OKC over the last 20 years and it can change fast. I think I will give it another week and look at the long range forecast. I think it's like we say here in Houston 'it's a go'. Thanks for the response.

seadog
11-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Have to attend a school by the airport from the 1st through the 15th. Would like to take the bike but don't know typical weather conditions in early December. Not worried about cold but more snow and ice on the roads.

Extended forecast looks pretty good, but.............

Old Dale Peters own the Harley Davidson shop in my home town when I was young. Everyday you would see Dale on that old Harley heading for his shop and he drove it everyday! Now this in in Michigan, and it didn't matter to Dale if it was raining, snowing, windy or anything else, you would see him heading for his shop. I saw him one day there had to be 7 inches of snow on the road and there he was plodding thru it on his way. So to make a long story short, Motorcycles are pretty good in all sorts of weather condition but because of old Dale I know the difference!

stroguy
11-18-2015, 10:06 PM
Nice!

shooter
11-18-2015, 10:22 PM
That's right in the band that gets a lot of ice storms Stro. However we have had a mild fall so far and that early in December you will probably be OK. Good luck buddy.

stroguy
11-18-2015, 10:27 PM
Thanks friend. I'm going to bring th bike. I spent two weeks in February there and it was ice and cold and wind. Just miserable.

SimonTemplar
11-19-2015, 03:59 AM
Ahh yes......I have spent much more than my share of time at MMAC as well.

My condolences!

.....sT

PS - I was there in December of 85 on one trip. Seemed the local monsoon season. Was there three weeks...don't think I saw dry pavement or sunshine the entire time.